The Legacy Golf Resort

Phoenix, Arizona

Timeshare reviews at The Legacy Golf Resort

Phoenix, Arizona

By lindam426 Feb 8, 2015

Planned a Spring Break trip with my adult siblings ... took a tour of the units and resort in March, 2013 with one sister and immediately booked out March 2014 stay. My 2 siblings and I were very pleased with the resort. The pool was delightful and gas grills were available to cook our steaks. Quiet & clean. Good WIFI. We booked our March 2015 stay for 2 units ... adding more siblings & spouses.

By christinem469 Jul 24, 2013

Have stayed multiple times at this resort, once split a week between Tuscon and Phoenix. The rooms were spacious, and full kitchen and laundry were all working and in great shape. If you play golf, check ahead of time to see what time of year that they do overseeding at the course, and courses in the area.

By williamh641 Mar 19, 2012

I have stayed here often with my family. Pool and spa, fitness center and beautiful grounds are best features. Resort is a bit spread out, but views are spectacular of the course and of South Mountain Regional Park nearby. Close to practically everything, including Hwy 10, airport, downtown, Tempe, Scottsdale and Peoria. Traffic in Phoenix can be difficult on weekday evenings, but this is not a trafficked area at all and the resulting quiet is just what I am looking for. I am not a golfer, usually, but I see folks at the driving range who seem to know what they are doing. This was at one time an LPGA championship course, but not in active use as a tournament course right now.

By barbara1266 Apr 4, 2011

Stayed here in March 2011 for Spring Training visit. Convenient drives to airport and all the spring training sites. Walking distance to Walmart groceries. Rooms were a disappointment. We only had a parking lot view and our chaise lounges also looked out at the parking lot. Master bedroom was very dark and shades always had to be drawn as it faced the entry walkway to the quad. Each unit had a washer/dryer but we had a handicapped unit (even though we weren't handicapped) and the dryer was only a moisture extractor, so they didn't really dry. Staff was unresponsive to maintenance needs. We called to housekeeping in the morning to confirm our once a week cleaning, but as of 4:30 they still hadn't arrived. When we called they came right away, but we were delayed for our dinner reservation as we had to wait for them to finish before we could freshen up and go out. There is an an adult only hot tub, but it was closed when we went there. Kitchen was well stocked with dishes, and pots and pans, coffee maker, dishwasher and microwave. Soap, dishwashing detergent and laundry soap are all available if you call the front desk and ask for it. We were on the bottom floor and heard people walking on the floor above us, but were fortunate that they were not early risers. Had planned to golf, but weren't allowed on the course without "golf shoes" which we hadn't brought with us. Wouldn't stay there again.

By emilyt15 Updated Mar 5, 2007

Visited in Feb 06. Great place would definitely go again. Many activities offered, like Grand Canyon tour, Hot air ballooning (that was amazing) hiking in the Phoenix area to name a few. Good workout room and pool area. The rooms are large and kitchen was well supplied. Decor is quite lovely. You should go.

By debrao16 Feb 24, 2007

The 4 of us stayed here in Oct and loved the resort. We had a 1 bedroom and studio combination which was very comfortable for all of us. They were reseeding the golf course and I think because of that it was not crowded. One day we had the beautiful pool to ourselves!The rooms have everything you could want. We would definitely stay here again.

By tdiannek Updated Jan 15, 2007

Exchanged my 2 bedroom unit at Lawai Beach for this week 10/12/06. It was a very nice resort if you are a golfing fan. The whole resort is really all about golf. The first unit we were assigned had a great view of the parking lot. We requested another unit and got one with a view of the maintence service yard. Both units were on the second floor and were studios. Owners get the lower units most of the time per the front desk. Planned programs were limited to walking in the mountain 2 times during the week, 1 golf outing, and a welcome breakfast for guest. Large groups were golfing daily which made for a VERY busy resort. The amount of traffic could be a concern for children or someone walking at a slower pace. The staff was ok at best. Not really concerned if you were not an owner. No return trip for us.

By douglasw19 Apr 29, 2006

My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom golf course villa in April 06. The units are wonderfully designed to allow for plenty of light from outside. There was a washer/dryer unit in the villa. Parking was very convenient, just steps away from our door. The kitchen was designed to take advantage of the views. The size of the villa was comfortably cozy, and larger than most one bedroom villas at other resorts we have stayed in. The location is convenient to Phoenix and Tempe, and just a few minutes from the I-10 Interstate. The furniture was a bit uncomfortable and outdated but tolerable.

By mark529 Jul 5, 2005

I rented both the 1 bedroom and the lockout studio and it was extremely comfortable. The unit was centrally located to everything I needed to do and had easy access to the freeways. Completely enjoyed our stay there and look forward to visiting again!

By smith2601 Jun 11, 2005

Although check-in was slow, we enjoyed this resort. We stayed there Memorial Day weekend in a one bedroom. Southwestern decor was nicely done. The bathroom was WONDERFUL! One main problem was it took 3 minutes or more to get hot water. Several activities were availabe and a large mall is just minutes away.

By donald169 Mar 22, 2005

This is a great resort for a great vacation. The golf course is in great shape and fun to play The resort is a 5 Star Resort and the 1 bedroom is first class.

the golf course

By cheryl424 Mar 15, 2005

This resort is for the golfer or traveler that isn't spending much time at the facility. The studio units aren't equiped for cooking. There are very few planned activities. The resorts location is far from everything except the airport. The staff is helpful but few speak english well so a request may take hours.

By diane1407 Feb 9, 2005

Wow! I've stayed at a lot of resorts, but none ever as nice as this one!! The only problem we had was trying to find a place to park the car at night when we returned home late. I would highly recommend this resort!

By fras Updated Oct 15, 2004

My wife and I along with my brother and his wife shared a 1 bedroom condo at this resort, the last week of Sept 2004. The one bedroom easily accommodated the 4 of us. The weather was absolutely beautiful, mid 90"s.

The golf course was 5 star all the way. Free club rental for all guests was great with almost brand new Taylormade clubs.

The pool was a great place to relax in the afternoon, before deciding on a great number of resturants to choose from for dinner.

Our wives enjoyed Arizona Mills Mall that was about 5 miles away. They also liked the trip up to Scottsdale where they wandered around the Old Scottsdale section of town.

We would go back to this resort for sure.

By jimkin Updated Sep 29, 2004

I have just reserved our fourth trip to the Legacy. This is probably our favorite resort and compares very favorbly to Hyatts and Marriotts. The one bedroom is very spacious with a large shower, commode and sink separate from the whirlpool tub just off the bedroom. The bedroom has a king size bed, TV and small sitting area. The full size kitchen includes a washer and dryer in a closet as well as a nice island with the the sink and dishwasher. The living room has a sofa that makes into a bed, two chairs, a larger than usual TV and a stereo. All units also have a dining area and either a patio or balcony.

The studio units are smaller but equally comforatble. The bath has a combination shower/tub. The living area includes a sofa that makes into a bed, chair and TV. It opens into a balcony or patio. The sleeping area has a queen size bed and apartment size appliances. It does have a washer and dryer.

Together the one bedroom and studio make up the two bedroom, with a small door that connects the two.

These are very attractive, well decorated units and very comfortable.

By michael242 Updated Sep 12, 2004

Very good resort in a so-so part of Phoenix. The units are spacious and well appointed. The golf course is very good and in good condition with wide fairways. Also, right next to the Raven, another very good course.

The concierge was helpful and the restaurant is a good, if sometimes noisy, golf grill. A great restaurant called Claimjumper is a ten minute drive.

No high speed internet access! This was a major problem for me and my wife (we both work and need computer communication daily.)

Mid-week maid service was a nice surpise.

By rkuhner Mar 26, 2004

A lovely, well maintained facility. The units are large, extremely attractive and well equipped.

By jeanneguzman Jul 22, 2003

We have stayed at dozens of resorts and this was definately one of the very best. The rooms were really upscale. Huge jacuzzi tub and large screen TV just to name a couple. We found all the amenities at the resort to be extraordinary, including the pool and the gym (both were the largest we have seen). We will go there again very soon. Loved it!!!

By dgleason Mar 9, 2003

Outstanding resort, new facility. Clean and tastefully done, units are very large. Most have lock-offs. Pool plain but nice. Close to many activities, on a nice golf course.