Sapphire Beach Club

Cupecoy Beach, Sint Maarten & Saint Martin

Timeshare reviews at Sapphire Beach Club

Cupecoy Beach, Sint Maarten & Saint Martin

By christianec Feb 10, 2011

My husband and I have been going to Saint Maartin since 1999. The first time we went was to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary, we felt in love with the island it is simply beautiful. We go every year, we were there last November and although this property can use some more TLC it is located in the best spot in the island. YOu will be next to the Blue Mall, luxury villas, beaches and much more... I definitely recommend renting a car, the island is very easy to navigate and only with a car you will be able to reach some of the beaches in the french side. The french side you will find great restaurants and a total European vibe, it is fabulous... Writing this is making me wish I was back there... I hope you enjoy your stay, and be open minded - embrace the island it is a lot of fun!

By christina313 Updated Feb 12, 2010

We have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Beautiful sea views are to be seen from the large balcony. Car rental though is a must if one wants to enjoy all the beaches, the French side and it's great restaurants, Grand Case as well as all the great night life. There is a little grocery store downstairs where fresh bread, croissants and pastries can be had in the morning. In April of last year, the weather was great and I would certainly return in a flash.

By kim1401 Mar 12, 2007

Enjoyed the resort so much...ended up buying. Beautiful view of the sea. Nice size pool. Great shopping. Casino and restaurants nearby. Onsite beach size varies depending on tides, but other beach choices all within walking distance. Can't wait to go back.

By alma64 Dec 25, 2006

Just returned from SB. We are new owners and were concerned about what we would find after reading so many negative reviews.

I am happy to report that our fears were ungrounded.

There was new furniture in the lobby, at the pool, and on our balcony. Our unit was newly painted, had a flat screen TV ,although the channel choices were very weird(Spanish CNN, and no networks),and a nice kitchen. The furniture in our unit had not been replaced, but we were told that by spring it would be done.

The front desk was always staffed and we had excellent maid service. The store was full of merchandise, but the hours should be longer. Security was evident.

The pool and grounds were very nice. Still no beach but hurricanes have a way changing shorelines. We are beach freaks and were delighted that all the rocks in the surf at Mullet Bay have disappeared.

All in all the week we purchased was a good thing.

By john1671 Updated Sep 17, 2006

Stayed twice this summer in units we own, everything was great. Front desk people were extremely firendly. Place looks better than ever.

Major unit refurnishment voted in Sept., will be done in February, 2007.

Just 1/2 mile away is Mullet Bay Beach which is perhaps the the nicest beach on the island (Orient Bay is tied), wonderful sand plus calm water (its on the on leeward side of the island).

Several very expensive new resorts/condos and a new yacht marina being built nearby make Cupecoy Bay the biggest growth area on the island.

The grounds look great, pool area was spotless. Only complaint is that you cannot charge onsite restaurant/pool bar tabs to your room.

One evening I counted 5 security guards plus a German Shephard on patrol in the hotel/parking garage/out front. Area seems very safe (unlike driving at night through Phillipsburg and Marigot).

The roads on St. Maarten definitely need paving but this is the Caribbean!

By fern10 Updated Jul 16, 2006

Just returned from a week at The Sapphire Beach Club. What a great time. The place has gone through a metamorphi s since last year. The staff is friendly. The rooms have been fixed up. The pool area has constant daily activities. The bar / restaurant is lively. The hotel is hopping. Nightly security outside made you feel very safe. I was so impressed with the whole place. I had the best week ever. Island is as beautiful as ever!

By robinc4 May 21, 2005

Were there 6 nights. Beautiful rooms, but very unfriendly staff. No instructions upon check-in like how to use safe, etc. Pool was cloudy with no cover over drain...very dangerous. No advance notice that Dollar Car Rental is on site. "Beach" is beautiful, but not a beach at all for swimming...only about a foot of sand. Credit card machine "not working" upon check out. Attendants at beach bar wouldn't even acknowledge us...very slow service. Roads are horrible with lots of traffic and potholes. We managed to have a good time anyway!! Came back home to see a sunset!

By morrissey Updated May 19, 2005

My husband and I went back to Sapphire Beach Club after a years absence. we had changed our wek and added one through RCI . This went well . We were there for two weeks, the last week in Feb. and first week in March 2005.

We agree with the last reviewer, Fern , that the place has done a complete turn around . The front desk staff is charming and efficient, housekeeping and maintenance people are good , and even the usually surly bartenders sometimes talk , smile , and even ring the Happy Hour Bell on time.

By muve Updated Mar 28, 2005

This is our third year as owners and we purchase another week each time we return we now own four weeks! We are forming an owners association to address some of the declining standards and management problems...already we are seeing results.

We will have a new website this summer so with your email we can send you the new web address for easy communication among owners for resale and rent....Julie Stevens- Saginaw, Michigan

By mary533 Feb 23, 2004

I have owned in Sapphire since 1995. We love the island and vacation every year there.

We have been disappointed in the service and how we are treated as owners.

The front desk is very unfriendly! As owners we were given a room overlooking the dump this year, lower level. We own 3 large units and we were told on the point system we could get several weeks on the oceanside.

Oceanside is what we previously owned with a hot tub. We loved that unit, but when we traded for points we were put at the lowest hot tub, street and dump view and noisy! and need of repair!

I agree with others, there is nothing to do at night there, everything gets closed up!

The TV didn't even work.

The computer center should be free or half the price for owners. The store should stay open until 7:00 pm

The laundry facilities are always broke down, leaving one machine.

The maintenance person was the only one on the ball this year. He fixed items that should have been done before we got there, as soon as he was called.

The towel exchange in rooms is a joke. Half the time our towels were missing. We would have to go out and sneak some off the maids cart, or go without.

It really has gone down hill. There were so few dishes in the units, we really could not make meals. I mean, like a pan, mixing bowls, we had to ask for a toaster and coffee pot. That is uncalled for!

The bar tenders were very unfriendly and courteous, we sat waiting to get a drink, and he never acknowledeged we finally left.

There certainly needs somechanges made...this was suppose to be the top notch place on the island. WAS SUPPOSE TO BE!

There needs to be someone there taking care of complaints, and checking the rooms for upkeep before you check in.

Owners should be treated as WELL as the exchange members, instead of like dirt.

Owners should recieve units on the top 3 floors, and as requested if put in 6 months in advance. Other resorts don't have a problem with that!

I love the island but truly dissapointed in my home resort.

By janet7173 Oct 1, 2003

Hubby and I spent 10 nites of hell here - couple of days with no plumbing - poor service at desk - construction going on with noise unbearable all day long. Very poor response from management. Would NEVER recommend this dump. Janet L.

By askelly Updated Jun 19, 2003

Front desk was rude and non-responsive. WE HAD TO PAY UNEXPECTED $50 INSURANCE FEE. No handicapped parking available, we had to park on the street. Poor access to the pool and no access to the also non-existent beach for a person with difficulty walking.

They were always out of beach towels and management was totally indifferent to problems.

We love the island and there are great resorts here, but this is not one of them.

By newmemere Jun 10, 2003

Owned here since 1995 and love the island. I consider the Sapphire to be one of the nicest facilities on the island. Considering some of the problems people have with timeshares, ours are indeed small.

We look forward to coming every February and thoroughly enjoy the three weeks we own.

By nhowes Apr 11, 2003

Air conditioning in the halls would be great. Have the snack bar and the other amenities open later than sunset!!! Nothing to do there....everything is closed there. Even the bar at the patio is closed right after dinner!! No good.

Beautiful resort, but.........

By cappywoman Mar 18, 2003

OUTSTANDING kitchen, lots of Marble!! (No oven) Loved the Whirlpool out on your own patio. Most units are Oceanfront.

By eschmitzva Jan 21, 2003

Enjoyed our stay, though the condition of the resort was a bit worn, the desk staff surly, the pool small, and the beach -- nearly non- existent -- very rocky, narrow, steep strand. With dozens of great beaches elsewhere on the island, that's not a biggie, but there are other, nicer places to stay.

By pclover Nov 13, 2002

If you want paradise on a bun this is it! Great accommodations, fun stuff to do, secure parking and a yearly stay for me.

I've been there for the past five years running, and in my opinion it represents the best value for the timeshare dollar.

We purchased three weeks for less than your average one week in Orlando. And it's a Gold Crown Resort.

Point trading value is terrific and effectively gives us six weeks of prime trades for our three.

St. Maarten has great beaches, great food, and beautiful vistas everywhere.

This year 2002, we crewed the Stars and Stripes the Americas Cup Winner in 1987.

I love the individual hot tubs on the baclony as well as the grocery store on the premises.

About the only negative thing I would say is that the computer center vastly overcharges for net access. Twenty Four bucks an hour is outrageous.

If you motor up the road a short distance you can get to the net for $5.00 at a Cyber Cafe.

Yes, it's hard to break the habit even on vacation.

Sapphire is a gem. I've been to numerous beached around the globe and St Maarten's are the finest. James Bond Beach in Jamaica not withstanding!