Canada House Beach Club

Pompano Beach, Florida

Timeshare reviews at Canada House Beach Club

Pompano Beach, Florida

By ashleymc Updated Dec 1, 2015

Stayed here early November 2016.Rented an Oceanfront 1 BR with separate king bedroom. Really loved our stay! Clean and fully updated. Fantastic views of the Ocean from units above the second floor.

By elizabethk198 Updated Apr 3, 2013

We stayed at the Canada House between Christmas a New Years and were very happy with our stay. It's not a ritzy 5 star place, but we actually liked it that way. It was very clean, cozy, and close to the ocean, which is where we spent most of our time anyway. The only thing we would have liked better is if it were within walking distance of attractions, but we had to drive a short distance for those. On the flipside, it was nice not being in a loud, busy part of the beach.

By patricia625 Updated Nov 12, 2009

We bought into this property site unseen. We spent the last week of July 2009 in our unit. It was the best. Complex is not new but it was clean and in a great location. It is "oceanfront". The staff was very friendly and we never had a problem. I hope we will be going every year.

By jay344 Apr 5, 2008

We stayed here March2007. Our Studio was across the street, canal side. The other tourists were older/retired, same as us, which was a plus. The large Studio was comfortable, and we had guests several nights on the pull out couch. The pool was wonderfully heated (not so in many pricier resorts) all the time. The staff was extremely helpful. The washing machines are coin operated and available all day/night (did mine at night while in pool). This resort has location. Away from the Ft. Lauderdale hub-bub, close to the Giant Flea Market, close to charter fishing, close to casino. Studio may be small with children, but we spent little time in the Studio other than meals and sleeping (so much to do and see). Short walk over boardwalk to the beach. We did prefer the East side (ocean side), but found both pools great. Wireless Internet available in pool area, and outside unit. Wireless upgrade inside room planned for future. (no cost to you for the wireless - find that elsewhere!!) We were very happy and plan to go back.

By wickil Updated May 26, 2006

I disagree completely with May, 2006 report. We have stayed in several resorts in Pompano Beach and this one is quite inferior. The unit we had was so outdated. The t.v. was barely hanging on the wall with the cord dangling (very dangerous for young children), full kitchen but was impossible to have more than one person in that area, murphy bed was old and uncomfortable, air conditioning vents in the wall rattled so loudly we couldn't hear the t.v. Choose another resort.

By lee655 Updated May 16, 2006

I stayed here week 1 and 52. Unit 310/411. The staff was excellent. I had a studio/1 bath. Over looked ocean. Also had lake view. It was so spacious. Bed went back into wall for added space. 4 of us stayed there together and it was very roomy. All appliances were new. Pool was very clean. I was extremely impressed. And have recommended this resort (Ocean front View) to everyone. I use to live here and this is the best resort there.

By simpsondm Updated Feb 12, 2006

Stayed in October in unit 302which is excellent for two. My daughter and partner were acrossth road in 1009 which is a studio but perfectly adequate The resort staff could not have been more helpful especially Larry I own weeks in two Gold Crown resorts in scotland . Our staff could certainly learn from the staff in Canada House A bonus was the perfect weather with no Thunder all week

Stayed again 0n 12/10 05 was only resort in the area open. They had done a wonderful job of clearing up after the hurricane in October. Was delighted with my accomodation for the week . Staff still very helpful

David Simpson

By russell04 Updated Aug 17, 2005

May 2005.I stayed in unit 608 in which is the top floor corner unit and it was very spacious with a full kitchen.It is a 1 bedroom that slept 6 quite comfortably. The living room and balcony faced the ocean and the view was unbelievable.The staff is very friendly and personable, especially Claire. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice peaceful resort right on the ocean.

By loisanne0 Updated Mar 14, 2005

I just recently returned from the Canada Beach House

We traveled 1600 miles with two small children.

We were so dissapointed. Our unit was 1011 on the other side of the street from the beach. Our studio unit was so small. The mini kitchen, is just that "mini". There was no place to store any groceries. There was a small murphy bed( almost a twin size.) There was a pull out sofa, which was so lumpy it was unreal. When you had both beds pulled out there was absolutely no room to move or to even go to the bathroom without tripping over something. There were only 7 lounge chairs at the pool. When I asked maintenance to bring us an extra chair so we would have some place to sit. He was not a very happy chap! Next time I will certainly do my homework at the resorts. If you do stay at the resort, make sure you don't get a studio.

By queenelaineii Mar 3, 2005

By art101 Jan 14, 2005

The staff was thoroughly professional and helpful. My studio would have been acceptable but the murphy bed was really uncomfortable and not recommended (it also ate up the room when down!)

The location and parking are fine and the beach is pretty good, but the place is a little dated although relatively clean.

OK for beach bumming but the unit itself is unremarkable and get at least a one bedroom if you can.

By lewc Updated Jul 3, 2004

Enjoyed week 48 in comfortable, updated, ocean front unit. Fantastic view! Grounds nicely landscaped. Enjoyed the pool. Staff friendly and helpful. Looking forward to staying there again next year.

By keepsake Updated Sep 7, 2003

This resort needs a major overhaul. The units are roomy but old and out dated. The outside of the buildings and walk to each unit is depressing.

The location is right on the beach. We were there in May of 2003 and the beach was full of sea weed and the water the color of tea. I would find another timeshare untill this place does some updating

By mykat21418 Jul 12, 2003

The east building have balconies and a breathtaking view of the ocean overlooking its own private section of the beach. The space in a one bedroom unit was comfortable for 4 adults with a private bedroom containing a king and a hideaway queen in the living room. Two more could have slept comfortably on the sofa sleeper! We were nearby all the local entertainment places. The ocean view units are definitely okay.