Makai Club Cottages

Princeville, Hawaii

Reviews of Makai Club Cottages

Princeville, Hawaii

4.4

Have you been to Makai Club Cottages lately?

By barbaraa225 Sep 1, 2011

We stayed there last year Feb 2, 2011 and the new makeover is awesome. Everything has been rebuilt and it's better than new. The kitchen was redesigned and all the window treatments, spreads, carpet, etc. is truly a Gold Crown Resort. The individual cottages are so quiet, except for the roosters but that's life, and the golf course is right there. You can walk across the fairway and eat at the snack bar. Makai Golf Course has new greens and bunkers after a huge renovation. The fees are higher now but well worth it. And of course, The Prince GC is quite an experience that you must play and live to tell about it!

By deborah1180 Feb 24, 2006

Just returned on 02-17-06 from a week at the Makai Club Cottages and can't make one negative comment about the place. We absolutely loved it. Accomodations were clean and the unit had everything we needed. The microwave didn't work properly and within an hour of notifying the office we had a replacement. This is definately a place I will return to. The staff was very friendly and helpful, ensuring our stay was a wonderful one.

By mark138 Aug 17, 2005

We traded into the Makai Club Cottages and stayed in a 2 bedroom unit across from the pool. The units are older, with no a/c. We were there in July, during a "heat wave" per the locals. Unit, with ceiling fans running, were OK. The unit was HUGE! Nice big kitchen that was very well stocked with all that you need. The resort provides a styrofoam cooler to let you take items food items out with you on your daytrip of Kauai. Everything in the unit was not "new." I was not struck with the impression that I was at a luxury resort. Still, my family and I were all VERY comfortable and enjoyed the unit. Imagine an older complex that has been prett well maintained and you have a good understanding of Makai Club.

I don't know if all units were this way, but our 2 bedroom unit was a seperate free-standing building. Made it seem very much like a home away from home!

The staff were very friendly. We attended the orientation breakfast. Everybody wins a discount to an activity, sometime 10% off, sometime 2 for 1. It was a great way to learn about things to do in the island. The staff also had a night of drinks and musical entertainment at the pool one night.

The pool is somewhat small. Jacuzzi was broken.

As this is owned and operated by Pahio, you can get wireless internet service at the Ka'Eo Kai club house.