Club Land'Or Resort

Timeshare reviews at Club Land'Or Resort

Paradise Island, Bahamas

By arthurh70 Jul 28, 2016
    By rickw178 Updated May 14, 2010

This resort is right beside Atlantis and we enjoy the quiet of it. It reminds me of an older Myrtle Beach hotel, comfortable but close to all the fun things to do. It's being fixed up and our villa this past time was really an improvement from before.. The restaurant is always a treat and the pool bar has great burgers and fish and chips. The staff doesnt seem to change and are always helpful. Do the Rose Island trip for a fun family day, go to the local zoo and see the forts. We also do the grocery shuttle on Friday. This place gets dissed by wanna be travel snobs, but take that with a grain of salt.

By robert1572 Jan 19, 2009

I myself never resided here, but many people who have had complained of, mildew, air conditioner not working up to par, and the need of updating is a big issue. I myself do attend every year at least 3x for dinner. The array of style and service is tops! Vince And Horse are top waiters. They actually up bring their new waiters from the start of cleaning off tables, to pouring water. The time lapse is about... 3 years prior to, serving tables. The food fresh, the drinks are good. The two Maitr'e d's have been there, since day one. You want the best EVER caesar salad see the Maitr'e d there, table-side. I myself know of every day activities, fashion shows, ride to the beach, a super buffet with the one and only.. Action Jackson and big brother. Sadly, the sales department try to make a sale look so super by giving away free dinners etc. but want you to pay $7 - $12k for a timeshare when you can buy em all over as cheap as, $500.00. Maintenance fees are high hre, and continue to go up! To bad they do not provide better upgrading and a honest sales team, this place could be a puff, but again why? ,amy times they are selling air!!

By lindaw Dec 9, 2008

Stayed there 11/28 to 12/5/08 and the same great people are still there. They are having a special at the moment - until the end of the year at least - fees are only $25.00 per person per night. No other extras. Oasis Lounge has Happy Hour 2 for 1 every night 5 to 7. Burgers are still $8.00 at the pool bar and just as good as they have been for years.

Units are looking OK except for the bathrooms which, tho have been "somewhat" remodeled (new doors on the vanity, new sink and countertop) are still a sore spot. Small TV has been added in the bedroom. Maybe it was added a while back and I just haven't been there since. The grounds are beautifully maintained.

I had a great week and pretty much spent the whole week at the resort and only ventured to Atlantis a few times in the evening. There weren't a lot of people there which isn't surprising since tourism is down everywhere. I did notice that tho the employees all kept up a good face, and were very friendly and helpful, there is a tenseness among them - not the usual happy go lucky faces. Again, not surpising considering the economy.

I would go back again if they keep the extra fees down. Its still a great place to just sit back and relax and get away from it all. You can do as much or as little as you want. I was quite content just checking out the yachts in the Atlantis Marina every day - it was packed. I went solo and never felt uncomfortable, unsafe or alone. You make new friends so easily since its a small place and most everything revolves around the pool and pool bar.

Now that I'm older and wiser I have to wonder how we ever got 4 adults in the units - they really are small. Good for 1 or 2, but 3-4 - not good.

By shirley779 Feb 21, 2008

There are now (as of Jan. 14, 2008), 3 fees per night. Get this: $25.00/person/ night X 2 people X 7 nights ammenaties fee= $350.00

$18.00/person/ night X 2 people X 7 nights service assessment (personell to villa, housekeeping, room service... = 252.00 $6.50/villa/night "gratuities" (tips for front desk employees) = 45.50

$65.00 "confirmation fee" do you believe this one? covers clerical and postage costs involved on setting up your reservation 65.00

drum roll.... $712.50

on top of this years maintenance fee of 894.79,

and you have a whopping fee of 1607.29!!!!!!!!!!

and don't forget the special assessment paid in October 2007 of 526.00

Even without the s.p., that's HUNDREDS more than our maintenance fee for Harborside

By yvonnea7 Updated Oct 13, 2007

I believe that with the popularity of the Atlantis Resort, many persons are flocking to Club land Or because of the proximity to Atlantis. I agree with Jennie's elaborate review. The parent company located in Richmond, Va will hound you and are very nasty. I own 3 other timeshares and was never treated in that manner. I'm glad I was able to sell 4 years ago before the assessment fees became too ridiculous. I was willing to give it away, but the company demanded $950.00 from me if it exchanged hands. So I was able to sell it for that price. I was happy to get rid of it, considering all the money I lost. I pity the poor souls that ended up with this joke of a resort. I've seen pools in backyards that are bigger than this one. And when a large yacht parks in front of the resort at the marina, there is no view. All you see is a big yacht. The staff are so nice...they have nothing to do with the negative reviews. But unless you are ready to be "nickled and dimed" during your stay, pay the extra money to stay at the Atlantis or Comfort Suites. At least you will have the opportunity to use the facilities.

By charlesb75 Updated Oct 9, 2007

Great place to relax and enjoy the sun and fun. Been there three times and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My purchase price in 1998 was $9500 and I use my week every year. Assessments get old but every timeshare ownership has assessments. The Rose Island Tour is the best and the staff is very friendly. Location is great across the harbor from Atlantis 5 Star Resort. Their restaurants and entertainment make this ownership worth the price. Negatives: $19/day Bahamian Charge, No annual financial reports provided to current owners.

By moomoo Updated May 30, 2007

Everything was either not working or died while we were there. Wouldn't recommend this "resort", go to Westwind II on the Nassau side right on the water.

By jack90 Feb 21, 2007

No a good resort now but it will soon be rebuilding and modernizing to a top class resort. It could be a great vacation resort. You need a car to go placed without depending on other at the resort. There is a block on cell phones unless you rent one or have a special chip. Everything is very expensive but you do get to use some of the facilities of resorts nearby.

By msmendy Updated Jan 28, 2007

This "resort" is very mediocre, at best. If you can rent a week there at a reasonable price, it might be worth visiting one time. But only because of its proximity to the Atlantis Hotel and Casino. You can walk through the hotel, casino, and shops but you do not have "guest privileges" to use the pools or other special areas, contrary to the false information posted here by another reviewer.

Be prepared to pay high prices to eat out. The "kitchen" is not what one expects in a timeshare and you will have a difficult time cooking anything but the most basic meals. Electrical outages occur often and can last for more than a day so don't buy too much food, or it may spoil. The Club Land'or staff us not accommodating about providing ice if a blackout occurs.

The rooms are tiny and the furniture is shabby and outdated. There is no privacy between the "bedroom" and living room. If more than two people try to stay in the unit, you will not be comfortable.

WARNING: Purchasing a unit at this place would be a big mistake. The maintenance fees are raised every year. There have been several Special Assessments levied and no adequate justification is offered, just a lot of "double-talk." Owners never receive an annual report, nor any other accounting of how the maintenance fees and assessments are being used. There is certainly no reason to believe that the monies have been spent keeping the units up to date, giving the sorry condition they are in. There are no meetings at which owners are allowed to be present. Owners who have requested financial reports have been told they can not see them because it is "confidential information."

This company aggressively pursues frustrated owners who have withheld payments of multiple special assessments as a way of protesting the heavy-handed way in which the company refuses to disclose any financial information. There have been a large number of civil lawsuits brought by Land'or in the Virginia court in the county where the corporate headquarters are located. Owners who tried to obtain help from the state agency that regulates and oversees timeshare companies in Virginia were told that Land'or is not considered to be a timeshare company but rather a private membership club. Hence, no complaints could be filed.

In the 1990's Club Land'or had high trading power within the RCI system. But after Land'or imposed a fee of $19.00 per day per person (including children over the age of 12!), people declined to accept exchanges into Land'or and the trading power dropped drastically. Who would pay that kind of money to vacation at such a mediocre place?

If you are thinking of renting a week at Club Land'or MAKE SURE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY THESE ADDITIONAL RIP-OFF FEES WHEN YOU GO THERE!!!

By bill1354 Nov 24, 2006

I have read all the reviews and only agree with the negative one. Spacios rooms? I must have been in a time warp when I went there. I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.The bathroom is the smallest (in width,length and height) If you are 6' you have to bend over to shave

By vicki157 May 7, 2006

Rooms are a little outdated, but the location is a "10". The staff were wonderful and we had a great time.

By daun2 Updated Mar 5, 2005

Our first visit was an exchange, and we liked it so much we bought! Visited 4 times so far, once with 4 kids, and enjoyed every visit. Friendliest island resort we've been to, and seeing the same staff each visit makes it feel like a "home away from home".

It's not as glamorous as the Atlantis next door (we have guest privileges to use their beaches and pools) but it's clean and comfortable. Staff and fellow vacationers are very friendly. Great location; 5 minute walk to casino, shopping, restaurants and ferry; optional daily activities planned by resort. Rose Island cruise on Tuesday is a must!

By margepd Updated Mar 4, 2004

Club Land'Or was a great place for a vacation! The location is great...right across the waterway from the Atlantis resort.All the rooms have been renovated in 2003...very clean and comfortable...very nice landscraping and the staff and activities were super. We will definely return.

By linda373 Feb 4, 2004

There are no friendlier people in the world than the Bahamians! This resort is such a lovely place - lots of old world charm, activities, a great seafood restuarant, jazz bar, and a poolside bar with the best burgers in the world! - it is also right next door to the Atlantis resort, so a quick walk around the marina gets you to high energy, glittery clubs, bars and casinos, if that is what "floats your boat."

By earl2 Jan 31, 2004

We have been there several times and loved every day and every minute of the resort, the island, the sun and ocean, etc etc.

By atolson Updated Oct 2, 2002

This is a very nice, older resort. The social director and the little nightly gatherings at the pool are very fun. The staff is very accommodating. The only sour apple was the desk clerk who checked us in.

The clientele is the retired crowd, so they are all very nice. The one bedroom units are clean, and spacious. However, as often happens with wall unit air conditioners, we were either freezing or too warm. A a plus for this resort was access to the Atlantis Resort's pool and beach which were very relaxing.

Overall we were pleased with our stay.