San Clemente Cove

San Clemente, California

Reviews of San Clemente Cove

San Clemente, California

3.9

Have you been to San Clemente Cove lately?

By innam Updated Sep 17, 2016

What an amazing place. We stayed there last summer and couple of times before. Location is the best. We had ocean view and spent most of our time on a balcony or shopping in near small stores. Last day of our stay we found out that we could get coffee/tea in owner's lounge every morning or even fresh through out the day. This summer I couldn't get this place for the days my vacation is on which is now. We r staying in a nicer place but not on the beach which makes all the difference. We decided if we comeback to south cal next summer it has to be San Clement Cove so we can spend all our precious time on a beautiful beach and we ll rent from Redweek because it is so affordable. We even stop by today and asked for vacancy but it was all booked. I wish our vacation was there and we didn't have to comeback to our place which is Newport Coast Marriott's which is so beautiful and fancy but NOT on the ocean. The train comes next to Cove but it didn't bother us at all. We ate everyday at the pier and every evening there was something special that was very affordable $. This morning we went there for breakfast and realized that we made a mistake for not staying there but it was not awailable for our vacation days:(

Stayed at this place again this summer in August, 2016. Because it was last minute deal I got 4 nights for $500. Stayed in room 212. It was a very small compared to others (we stayed before in 109, 209, 210 - great ocean views, big rooms and balconies). It was an ocean view but there were 2 palms that blocked the views partially and also there was apartment and first you would see its roof and then the ocean. Also the balcony is that small that they can't even fit a table - just 2 chairs which was awkward. I don't think I would comeback if I know I get 212. Still we enjoyed our stay but I'm glad it was just 2 of us other way it would be so cramped to have kids. Staff is very nice; one day we had breakfast in the owners lounge-$5/each, another night they offered chips, salsa and margaritas; we used chairs/umbrellas for ocean at no charge. So if you go there try to get good ocean view room! Also when I talked to front desk and mentioned that we are staying in the smaller room I was told it's not the smallest and that there is even smaller ones - Oh boy...

By lisac335 Updated Apr 2, 2016

Location, location. The train can be an annoyance but the view is worth it. Balcony is a nice feature and very needed since rooms are small. Bedroom is very cramped. Caution with underground parking. Very low clearance.

By etanneh Updated Aug 25, 2006

San Clemente Cove is one of my favorite resorts. The units are tiny but well laid out. Sleeper sofas are comfortable so two couples can easily share the unit. The area has an abundance of charm.

By greg646 Aug 18, 2006

Great location across a small street from the beach and pier. San Clemente is a cute town with many dining options. The kids (and mom and dad) all love the easy access to the beach. Rooms were update a few years ago ... decor is nice and size is OK. A few rooms, particularly on the first floor facing north, have poor views, but most rooms have outstanding views of the beach and pier. Full disclosure: I have been an owner for about 5 years ... very happy with the purchase, have only traded a Cove week once due to a conflict.

By kristy121 Updated Apr 29, 2015

We stayed here for a week in June. It was absolutely beautiful...the view was gorgeous...great food, fun shops. We will definitely try to make it there again soon!

By bob1071 Updated Apr 13, 2005

It is indeed a great location, but if you are not a timeshare owner and make a reservation through the central reservation system, which requires full payment in advance--watch out. I made a reservation in early November for a "one bedroom, one bath, sleeps 4" condo through the central reservation center (Winner's Circle Resort Management) for the week of February 6, 2005. I was assured by the reservation agent that the condo would have an ocean view.

It was with considerable surprise and dismay then to find when we checked in on February 6 that we had been assigned to a non-ocean view room that faced an intersection and that had a no-privacy patio only inches from the public sidewalk. To make matters worse, the entire first floor with the exception of our unit and one other was under renovation with signs warning of construction noise all day long. Winner's Circle's website now mentions the construction, but no such warning was on the website in early November, nor did the reservation agent tell me of the pending construction when I made the reservation. Seems to me that once the construction plans were made, I should have been contacted and given the option to change or cancel the reservation. I felt that I had been deceived when I made the reservation and, at the same time, I felt trapped because I had been required to pay in advance for the entire week.

I expressed my dissatisfaction to the desk clerk who told me there was nothing she could do as the Cove was fully booked. Nevertheless, later in the evening, she found a "sleeps two unit" with an ocean view on the third floor. While cramped for our family of three, it seemed like the better alternative so we moved. No sooner were we in the room, then the clerk called again to say there had been a mistake--the room had already been given to someone else. By this time I was nearing my wit's end, but somehow the clerk resolved the situation and we remained in the room for the rest of our stay.

After the trip, I wrote Winner's Circle Resort Management two letters regarding my experience-- they didn't even have the courtesy to respond. What an outfit.

As I said, the location of the Cove is ideal and it is a nice place. But given our experience, I would not make another reservation.

By aprilbirthday Updated Jan 2, 2005

I am an "A Unit/top floor"owner at this resort. If you stay here, try to get a unit on the 3rd floor. They are smaller units, but the views are great and they are quieter. I am very excited that in Jan '05 they are remodeling all the kitchens by adding stoves, new cupboards, and granite countertops. Our location is the best! Walk across a very small street and you're right on the beach and pier. We love to eat at the Fisherman's restaurant on the pier. They also have a great bar across from the restaurant that you can sit on the deck and enjoy your drinks and food while watching the surf. There is also a pizza shop, breakfast/lunch bistro and small liquor store/market just a few steps away. Up the hill is Del Mar street which has all those wonderful little shops to browse in. Our only negative is that we don't have a pool onsite. The jacuzzi is also small and sometimes can be crowded. The train goes by, but I personally enjoy it. Overall, this is great resort in an awesome location.

By rictheater Feb 6, 2003

Great location across the street from beach & pier, a few blocks down from main village shopping district. Nice unit--ours had a very large balcony with ocean view. Note: the Amtrak coastal route runs right along the beach, and you will hear the loud horns blasting from early morning until late at night. We think it added character to our visit!

By redheadedlass Jan 24, 2003

I stayed here for a week. I loved it! What a view!