Calini Beach Club

Sarasota, Florida

Timeshare reviews at Calini Beach Club

Sarasota, Florida

By suev12 Jul 13, 2014

outdated - best thing about this resort is the location and views - rooms need more attention - bugs in our unit and we were on the 3rd floor - elevators sometimes work and sometimes don't - patio furniture very old

By jennifers814 Feb 15, 2011

Condos have been updated with gorgeous kitchens (granite counters, etc) Really aesthetically pleasing and "beachy". Bedding all seemed fresh and new. Loved our stay here.

By daveh162 May 1, 2008

this was by far the BEST vacation my wife and i have taken. the custumer service was outstanding. it was nice bieng a person and not just a # LIKE SOME OF THE LARGE RESORTS.

By triciad21 Jan 20, 2008

This is a great family condo right across from the beautiful Siesta key beach which has incredible white sand and beautiful warm water. The condos are very room (about 1200 sq feet) with a lovely deck that looks out over the gulf of mexico. There is no restaurant or amenities on site. the pool is a decent size for a nice splash. The condos are clean and up to date but nothing fancy. The staff is very accomodating. This is just a very lowkey place with a perfect location.

By patriciasue1 Jan 22, 2004

Although the facility is slightly aging - the staff is very helpful and the site couldn't be more beautiful. The beach is the finest one I've ever been to. The entire Siesta Key area is so picturesqe you feel like you are in another country altogether!

By rcr_cr Oct 24, 2003

Location is ok, a short walk down a path to a beautiful beach. The sand there is phenomenally white and soft.

The unit we stayed in was nice, but older and showed it. The view from the living room of our top floor unit was spectacular however.

The beach chairs (you take to the beach yourself) were really terrible/cheap and one broke while in normal use! My suggestion - buy one/two at K-mart when you get there and you'll be better off.

It's an ok place to stay, but there are better places nearby. I'd stay there again, if I could not get into one of the other locations on Siesta Key.

By bobbin0308 Sep 9, 2003

Stayed here 8/30/03 thru 9/6/03. Helpful, friendly staff. Small, older, traditional Florida resort. When we checked in, we reported to our unit, and the housekeeper was still there and had an hour's work ahead of her. We came back after an hour and a half. Housekeeping was finished and gone, but the unit just wasn't as clean as I would've liked. We actually went & bought cleaning supplies ourselves and did a better job cleaning the tile floors, ridding baths of mildew. In a top rated resort, I would like to have a king size bed in master. Overall, had a nice time. Don't miss Ringling Museum & mansion in Sarasota. Fun shopping, nice beach & good restaurants in area. RCI rates this as a Gold Crown Resort. I don't know what the criteria is, but I just don't agree. I own a week at another Fla. Gold Crown - huge difference.

By chaus Sep 6, 2003

Stayed here in December. a short walk to the beach. From our unit balcony we had only a partial view of the beach. Unit was nice, clean. Roomy area. I would stay there again.

By gamb Jul 22, 2003

We stayed at the Calini June, 2003. Our unit was clean, but decorated like an old lady's house somewhere up north. Big pine furniture and there were fall colors on the couch and curtains. I like my beach retreats tropical. I certainly agree that the bikes are crap and on top of that the door to the storage room doesn't open. If you ask for help, be prepared!

But it is a lovely setting and these are just little things. We will return.

By raewee Mar 8, 2003

We rented a unit at Calini Beach Club in Jan. 2003. This is a great resort, enjoyed every minute. We'll be back.

By talog Mar 7, 2003

Units were not clean, resort was not clean, advertized bicycles were broken rusted junk.