Villas of Sedona

Sedona, Arizona

Timeshare reviews at Villas of Sedona

Sedona, Arizona

By jeri14 May 20, 2007

We arrived here on May 12, 2007 and stayed a week in a 2 bedroom loft (unit 16) which was very roomy for 4 adults. The unit sleeps eight.

Check-in: We arrived around 4pm and were checked in immediately at the centralized registration office in the Sedona Springs resort. The staff was very efficient and friendly and gave you a schedule of the week’s activities, along with a map of the resort.

Unit Description: There is a living room, dining room, upstairs master bedroom and full bath, smallish loft area with Murphy bed, dining room with seating for 6, fully stocked kitchen and second bedroom. The living room was quite large with a fireplace, wet bar, sofa bed along with an arm chair. This proved adequate for 4 people, but there was no other seating in the living room for more than 4 people unless you take some chairs from the dining room or sit on the floor. The furniture was in good shape and comfortable. There were sliders off the living room which led to a semi secluded patio, which had a small table and four chairs. Our unit overlooked the pool and hot tub, which were usually quiet. The upstairs master bedroom had lots of storage, closet space and king size bed with a television. The master bath had a single sink, skylight, and walk-in shower. It has a hairdryer and toiletries under the sink in the cabinet. The loft had a Murphy bed set-up and also a sofa bed, but by the looks of it, you could not use the Murphy bed because the sofa bed was in front of it. Off the loft, there is access to a balcony with a view of, I believe, Thunder Mountain; but I may be wrong..anyway it was very nice. The second bedroom had a queen size bed, again lots of storage, no television, and the same bathroom as upstairs sans skylight. The dining room had seating for 6 people around a slate topped table with wrought iron chairs. The kitchen, while oddly shaped had granite countertops, all utensils, dinnerware and flatware and enough cleaning supplies (dishwasher and dish soap) to last the full week. There were even filled salt and pepper shakers!

Resort Description: The resort at Villas of Sedona is nicely landscaped with lots of green areas and trees. There is an outdoor pool, which maintains a temperature of around 76 degrees and an indoor pool. Activities center, laundry room, and small store were located centrally to both our resort and the Sedona Springs. In the activities center there was a computer for use, which was never busy and wi-fi access. There is also a game room with skee ball, pool table , ping pong and some video games. You could rent DVD’s and VHS movies, but I don’t know what the cost was since we did not use them. There is free coffee every morning in the activities room, which opens at 8am and close at 8 pm. The laundry room closes at 10 pm. Wash machines charge $1 and dryers are .50 for 25 minutes. There is a gym located in the Sedona Springs resort which is adequate. The one complaint I do have is that there were only ten chairs for the pool. They do not have anymore and some people had to sit on the ground. There is a small patio area with tables and chairs near the pool, but they were not good for lounging around the pool. There is no midweek cleaning at the resort; if you wanted one, there is a $25 charge. Overall, I would rate this resort 4.5 out of 5 as it did suit our needs. If 8 people did vacation at this resort, the seating would have been inadequate. I will definitely return as the area is gorgeous and very relaxing.

By l337 Updated Dec 24, 2006

Just had our second trip to this resort and love it! Sedona is our favorite place to go and it is nice to have a roomy condo to go home to each evening. The complex is small and you can tell the units are condo conversions. They need to have wireless internet available and the laundry room has only a couple of machines to service the entire complex but overall the biggest units we've ever stayed at. One of the best timeshares in the area.

By arlene94 Jul 14, 2006

Spent a week there in April 2006. What a pleasure! The units were recently redecorated. Love the new furnishings. My one bedroom with loft was very comfortable. The loft had not a sofa bed but a Murphy bed--a regular mattress! That's a huge improvement in comfort. Everything was easy. Internet was available, while not in the individual unit, on the grounds with reasonable hours--something like 8 am to 10 pm, but I don't remember exactly. I'm looking forward to going back in 2008--I own every other year.

By travelingfool Aug 15, 2005

I was just there in June 2005. Location, location, location, quite and beautiful redrock area. It was clean large and plenty of room. we had a two bedroom 2 bath sleeps 8. The pool was just outside our door from unit 19. Internet access was in the lobby area and free to use. I checked mail almost everyday.

By lynn171 Apr 28, 2005

This resort is in a great location. The units are basic and plain but everything is clean. It was a great place to stay with the kids!

Our only complaint would be the lack of internet access.

By mlove_999 Jun 30, 2004

Grounds are well kept. Roomy 2 bedroom with a loft, and fireplace is nice. Both an indoor and outdoor pool. Grocery store within walking distance. Ping pong table was a hit with the kids.

By mautzcar Mar 8, 2003

Nice roomy villa. Great location. Fun activities. We liked cowboy Bob! Grounds well kept. They cannot release units until 4:00pm so don't be early. Can't wait to go back!

By sawhiting Dec 18, 2002

Basic, but well located; grounds well kept.