Depuy Village at Shawnee Resort

Shawnee-on-Delaware, Pennsylvania

Reviews of Depuy Village at Shawnee Resort

Shawnee-on-Delaware, Pennsylvania

3.9

Have you been to Depuy Village at Shawnee Resort lately?

By kellyanned Jul 10, 2008

We just came back from a week at this resort (June 21-28). We really enjoyed our time at Shawnee. The room we had in Depuy Village was great for my husband, myself and two kids ages 4 and 5. It had a huge wrap around porch that the kids enjoyed. They could go out and ride their scooters or play and we could easily keep an eye on them. We had a two bedroom unit with two baths and the dining area/kitchen were great. Shawnee is a large resort made up of many villages so if you are looking to walk to the pool, rec area, this is not the place for you. You definitely need to drive. We didn't mind that at all. There was a nice mini golf course at the resort which we used several times. There were also other activities for kids, families and adults offered as well. We made ice cream sundaes one night and I know they had movie nights, bingo etc. There are great restaurants and attractions in the area all within a short driving distance like Bushkill Falls, outlets, Camel Beach, Land of Make Believe and even the Crayola Factory was only 1/2 hour away. We had a nice dinner at Alaska Pete's and there was a great Italian place for pizza and pasta right across from the Rec Center. If you are looking for a peaceful, woodsy, rustic resort that's a great place to take the kids or go alone w/o your kids, then I'd recommend it.

By chikenlips Aug 29, 2004

We stayed here for the first time this summer (2004) and had one of the best vacations ever! Shawnee is what it is....a good old fashioned, back to nature, no frills family vacation. The scenery is simply gorgeous..you don't want to miss lunch at the Riverdance grill, a wonderfully informal riverside dining experience. And there is nothing like swimming in the Inn's outdoor riverside pool! Just beautiful.

The Shawnee Playhouse was doing "Guys and Dolls" which was very entertaining with terriffic singing, and the General Store is very inviting for a bite to eat or just an interesting stroll through history. The town of Shawnee on the Delaware is rich in history and has managed to keep most of its small town charm. The two short streets as well as the walking path which connects parts of the resort are charming to walk or bike. The unit we stayed in(one of the wrap around porch units, not the saltbox), was very large and very clean. You could have a party on the wrap around porch, it was so big!

My only complaint, and I have emailed it to the Shawnee "powers that be," is that the changing rooms and bathrooms for the Inn's outdoor pool are in desperate need of renovation. If they ever make these much needed changes, I would have to give Shawnee, and specifically Depuy and the Inn areas a 5 star rating!

This resort is not for those of you who like fancy-shmancy. It's for you folks who appreciate beautiful mountains, a stunning river, pine scented air, crisp mornings and evenings, a small simple town from way back in time.

Oh, and I almost forgot....it has a beautiful golf course for you golfers and a new restaurant, "Sam Sneeds" that is pretty amazing. We're not golfers, but we do appreciate the beauty of a course along the Delaware River!

For kids, Shawnee Place is a dinky little water park that is much over rated, but my 6 year old loved it! By the end of our 4 hours there, I began to appreciate the simplicity and small size of it, although I think they overcharge you!

Hope you give this little village a try. There's something very special about it...a real sense of community from a time share? Yes. At least in Depuy Village. I wouldn't want to be in any of the other "villages," because they are so far away from the center of town, and from the Inn, which in my opinion, is the heart of the resort. The new Recreation Center and pools are not for me...too crowded...too "resorty," but that's just me. I like the small town feeling of Depuy, and possibly Fairway Village as well. Plus..don't be fooled....to get to the new Rec. Center you have to drive! You can walk to everything from Depuy....the General Store, Shawnee Playhouse, Sam Sneeds, The Inn, the outdoor and indoor pools, Shawnee River excursions, etc.

I've said enough.

By jhc3 Updated Jan 19, 2004

We had 2 units this Christmas, one we own and one through RCI. They are large and the units had been copmpletely renovated. One unit still had siding to have finished, but is on their list for this year to complete. Great for families or anyone. Lots of activities inside and out! We had 12 people, but they could have easily have slept more people. 9 were skiers or snowboarders and they visited several ski areas including Shawnee. All had a great time.

By harrys May 22, 2003

I'd give the resort 5* and the unit 3*. The unit I stayed in had not been renovated and there were weak spots in the floor of the second bedroom. The water from the toilet in this room continually ran also. Routine maintenance of the units could be improved,although the unit itself was clean. The resort staff was fast and responsive. The resort has many different activities rain or shine for adults and kids including two indoor pools,a large new recreation center with weight room,arcade games,indoor full length basketball court,etc. There is golfing, skiing, miniature golf,ice skating,a water park and many other outdoor activities and several outdoor pools to choose from. There is shopping,fishing,and a large flea market nearby. There are plenty of little shops and quaint restaurants close to the resort. Many have live music during the evening.

By jackio Updated Jan 31, 2003

We stayed there in July 2002 and all of the units were being renovated - they should be completed by now.

By hope2blucky Jan 8, 2003

I HAVE STAYED IN THESE UNITS AND IN OTHER PARTS OF THE SHAWNEE DEVELOPMENT. THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE, CLEAN AND THE AREA IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS TO DO- FROM STRUCTURED ACTIVITIES, SHOPPING TO WINE TOURS AND SNOW TUBING AND SKIING