Alexandra Resort and Spa

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos Islands

Reviews of Alexandra Resort and Spa

Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos Islands

3.8

Have you been to Alexandra Resort and Spa lately?

By marki24 Updated Sep 15, 2015

We are in the process of buying a timeshare at this property so I am putting my money where my review is so to speak. I am not a big fan of timeshares, but this property is beautiful, great beach and the rooms are VERY CLEAN, I like the layout of the two bedroom units, they have washer/dryer in them. Timeshare building is beachfront, Great Bar and Restaurant, nice staff, low key yes but great low key... New owners are already executing renovation plans where needed. Highly Recommend ! and I am picky.. Only reason they don't get the full stars yet is waiting for completion of renovations and the new restaurant both of which are due to be done this fall 2016.

By judyw260 Dec 6, 2014

Most of the reviews are old. We go to the Alexandra Resort annually and love the property.

By birman7 Dec 22, 2006

We have been going to Provo for over 14 yrs and have stayed here twice. Once when they were almost new and 3 yrs later as a time share trade. Let me say that we have been to over 50 islands and TC is still our favorite.

The location is great here, BUT I am glad we did not buy on the first stay because the construction was sub par building then even for an island. They are NOT being maintained well at all. I cannot beleive how run down they have become in just 3 yrs.

The sales people were very pushy and then just rude after they thought we were not going to buy on the first visit. On the second visit they flat out told us (and mind you we were there on a real trade so we were not required to do a sales pres ) that since we did not want to buy they were going to bar us from trading in again for several yrs!! What nerve!

Mr. Missick was very present quite often too. hmmm. Something is not 100% here and just wanted others to inquire well before buying since there seems to be a lot of political undercurrents with most of these deals.

Coral Gardens is our favorite place to stay here. It is well built, luxurious and well maintained even after 8 or 9 yrs now.

By richard789 Updated Mar 16, 2006

Just returned. Had beautiful weather and the place was in excelent shape. The view from the 3rd floor was wonderful and the island is quiet and lovely. The roads need some improvement though. Many nice restaurants nearby but a car, though not needed is a definite plus. Not a place if you are looking for wild nightlife. The advertised casino is closed. Not an island for singles, but wonderful for two.

By jack361 Updated Mar 13, 2006

I partially agree with Mike B at least as far as the Alexandria is concerned The resale agent was just downright rude to my wife and I which would seriously concern me if I were an owner trying to sell my unit. The place is still far from complete, even after 5 years, which made me wonder about the financial viability of the developer, in spite of his prominence and important island contacts.

Other than that we love T & C far more than many other places in the Caribbean but the overheated condo market is awesome and daunting. A condo bubble?

By mikebracco Feb 28, 2006

I just returned from the Alexandra Last week. Although the Units, and location are excellent the Service, Food, and attention to deatil are average at best.

T&C is overatted save your money and go to the US, and British Virgin Islands.

By diane1672 Updated Aug 22, 2005

Bob & Diane from Kansas City, Missouri, USA We have been to so many islands now that we've lost track. We've stayed at almost every five- star resort in Hawaii, all over the Caribbean and Mexico but we've been the most impressed with the Alexandra Resort in the Turks and Caicos.

We originally stayed at the Grace Bay Club, but we weren't completely satisfied with it (too expensive for the mediocre service and food). So, we took a walk down the beach and looked around at the Alexandra and completely fell in love with the place. So much so, that we did something we said we would never do and that is - we bought a timeshare there for the whole month of January. For us, this is the perfect place. We don't need to look any further.

It has the most perfect beach we have ever seen, lovely ocean front suites, fantastic pool, great food and the nicest and most helpful people that work here.

We just can't say enough good things about this place and we are counting the days until we can go back.

We love it here so much, that we now own weeks "1 through 10". But we will be offering weeks 9 & 10 for rent until they are sold.

Please check out the reviews left by others on "Wheretostay.com". We left this same review on that web site in "January 2004", right after our first stay at the Alexandra. Way before we had any units for sale or rent.