Tahoe Beach & Ski Club

South Lake Tahoe, California

Reviews of Tahoe Beach & Ski Club

South Lake Tahoe, California

3.9

Have you been to Tahoe Beach & Ski Club lately?

By paular165 Jul 25, 2013

One of the few resorts with Lake Tahoe Beach. We usually reserve our week for the 4th of July or Labor Day. Both having an awesome fireworks display, There is so much to do on South Shore Lake Tahoe, yet you can just kick back and enjoy the lake.

By james2935 Updated May 20, 2008

Just got back this year (May 9-May16) and again did not have a lake view room. I can only conclude that all owners get first preference for lakeview and exchangers get low priority. Just got back from the resort(May 5 - May 12). The resort and the staff are first class !! I toured a number of other RCI resorts in the area and found this one to be superior to the others. I would have rated it 5 stars, but not all units are lake view and most units lack a full kitchen. They have a very nice pool and hot tub just steps away from the lake. Looking forward to going back.

By richard48 Updated Oct 18, 2007

My wife and I had an opportunity through a RCI exchange to spend week ( October 9th thur 13th ) 2006, at the Tahoe beach & Ski Club in South Lake Tahoe.

This was our third visit to Lake Tahoe and by far the best. You could not ask for a better timeshare. The location on the beach was awesome and the entire resort properties were first class.

By susan506 Mar 8, 2007

Fabulous location! The beach is GREAT. Pic-nic tables and BBQs throughout (old charcoal style though). Good sized playground. I stayed here in Oct with my kids. We loved it. (Although if I had a choice, I would rate it 4.5 stars, as not flawless.)

Originally was assigned a two level unit-when staff found out I had a toddler, they put me in a single story ground unit (and with an easy, efficient check-in.) Unit a good size, really liked the 2 bathrooms and jacuzzi in Master bath. Cal King size bed comfortable. Black-out drapes. Our view was of large grassy area between buildings-nice but not special. Baths recently refurbished, but they chose a brownish 80's looking tile. Kitchen is tiny, but recently refurbished, nice stainless appliances.

Activities were very nice-and the activities director great. She even brought a movie from home that she thought my kids would like for movie night. (She was right, kids loved it.)

Only thing going against resort is that units lack a/c, very few units have lake view, and we usually eat in, so I like a big full kitchen.

By james3482 Jan 25, 2006

A very well maintained resort with excellent facilities, including a fairly large private beach directly on Lake Tahoe. Convenient to everything (the lake, Heavenly Ski resort, casinos, restaurants, etc.), Tahoe Beach & Ski has a great, welcoming staff and fairly large, atttractive rooms (even the studios are larger than than a hotel suite!) We'll definately be returning!

By christina60 Jan 18, 2006

We stayed here in December 2005. Good location and friendly staff. Very nice one bedroom to comfortably house four people. We will definitely go back again.

By lorianh Dec 31, 2005

We stayed at this resort for the July 4th week in 2005. The location can't be beat. There ia a private beach, and the casinos are 5 minutes away. There are several restaurants next door, and the Tahoe Queen docks at the adjacent beach. Most of the rooms have great views of the lake or Tahoe scenery. There are activities for the whole family - tennis, swimming pool, a pool table, exercise room, and arts & crafts. The staff is friendly and helpful. We look forward to returning next year.

By rebekster Jan 13, 2004

We stayed here in October with some friends. We stayed in a one bedroom 2 bath. We had a view of the lake from our room. We were in the building closest to the lake, near the play area. We really enjoyed our stay. From what we were told, the rooms in that building were just being re-decorated. We thought it was really nice. The only negatives are that the kitchen is tiny, it only has a microwave so you can't really cook a meal and the dining area is really cramped, especially if you're using the sofa bed. Our friends had stayed here in the summer in a different building, they said their room hadn't been redecorated and wasn't as nice as the one we stayed in.

By lulu_k56 Jan 4, 2004

We really enjoyed our stay here! It has its own private beach (one of only 7 resorts that do) and is close enough to walk to the casinos although there is a free shuttle bus too. The studio was really small and we wished that we had a 1 bedroom which were alot bigger. There were lots of activities and the guests there were really down to earth. We can't wait to go back again!

By chistuc Jul 15, 2003

Stayed here during the end of summer on a bonus vacation certificate, it was a Crown Resort at the time. Our room was large but the location was terrible. The noise from Hwy 50 made it difficult to get to sleep until wee hours in the morning. The room stunk from smokers who had the room before us plus we had smokers below us. If you opened the window to air out the room you could hardly hear the TV or sleep at night. The location is good if you are a skier or plan on exploring the area. If you do like to take drives you have to take Hwy 89 to Hwy 88 through Hope Valley, Kirkwood, Caples Lake, Silver Lake and Bear River Lake... beautiful. I prefer North Tahoe to South Tahoe, except for the gambling. The resort was 3 Stars and the area 5 Stars.