Breckenridge Club at Tradewinds

St. Pete Beach, Florida

Reviews of Breckenridge Club at Tradewinds

St. Pete Beach, Florida

3.6

Have you been to Breckenridge Club at Tradewinds lately?

By maryjo28 Jan 9, 2007

We visited last summer and were pleased. We exchanged for a studio but were offered the opportunity to upgrade to either an oceanfront unit or a larger one. We chose the oceanfront (only a window that looks out onto the beach) but should have gone for a larger unit. We had a great time. The room was newly renovated, the beach was great. The pools were old fashioned--no lazy rivers or waterslides, but were usable. The kids program was ok, not as good as we expected. Overall, I would go again.

By kcasey Apr 18, 2004

The Breckenridge is a resort out of sorts. The grounds are filled with the beauty of a tropical paradise. There are many recreational activities to keep the young and old busy with Konk Club for kiddies and leisurely paddle boat rides on a man-made stream foraging through the property. This year my stay (fourth time) was spoiled with children in the adult only pool (short-staffed on security) and with noisy neighbors (30 or more door slammings and yelling in the halls from 2 am to 4 am. A call to security eliminated the yelling but not the door slamming and the loud talking. Two other families complained about loud and inconsiderate neighbors on their respective floors also. The Breckenridge needs to get control back in order to make this a 4 or 5 star resort again.

By thinkweave Jul 9, 2003

Visited here in the month of June and found it to be a nice trade. We only had a studio , but it was fine for two.

Had a great time at the pool and a nice view of the beach.

By tashamen Jun 2, 2003

I stayed here on an exchange in May 2003 in a studio that was obviously recently refurbished. Great location, and nice resort, especially the free beach cabanas. I would stay here again.

By dklisowsky Jan 10, 2003

Our family of four spent a March week here in '89. The studio was large for a studio with a complete (if tight) kitchen. This is an older place so it cannot compete with the newer Gold Crowns but was very clean, well located with competent staff - it's on the beach with a nice pool.

By trob Jan 3, 2003

My family and I recently vacationed at the

Tradewind Resort, Island Grand., with disappointing results. The resort was under renovation when we arrived. Hammering took place from early morning to late in the evening. We rented a 1 bedroom suite with a balcony, we had no balcony. The kitichen area was infested with ants. Every so often we would find huge black bugs and were told they were from the Palm Trees. To say the least, I would not recommend this resort.