The Ridge Tahoe

Stateline, Nevada

Timeshare reviews at The Ridge Tahoe

Stateline, Nevada

By innam Updated Nov 27, 2014

South Lake Tahoe has so many places to stay but our family only comes back to this great resort. It is a fun place and we can't wait to come back there year after year. we really like that they have busses that go to town so often and in the snow time we just use them instead of our car. Kids really enjoy the ride. The club house is great with a nice restaurant and deli. I think we stayed in all of the buildings but like Cascade most for the size and 2 jacuzzi in 2 bdr units, but I think it's the oldest one. The Plaza is great and kids like it more because of the jacuzzi on the roof top. The last time we stayed in Tower building and even though it was just across the Club House (very convenient), but room was smaller (but new), our unit did not have a balcony, so we were not so impressed. The front desk people are always trying to accommodate request and do not pressure about timeshare presentation. Because we already have timeshare in the different place, we are not buying anything in Ridge even thou it's a nice place to visit every year!!! We also like Nagle buildings because of the cabin theme and huge balcony. Overall, which ever building you get, you would enjoy it so much because you are in a beautiful Lake Tahoe settings and in at amazing Ridge Resort! Few times I bought a week of stay from Red Week and was very happy with the prices and transactions. We only stayed here in the winter time.

By danielo56 Aug 3, 2012

The Ridge is a Gem. We rented the Cascades 2 bedroom for the week and are enjoying every moment of our stay. Our 2 bedroom unit is large and I love the sunken bathtub and separate shower in the lock off unit as well as the jacuzzi bathtub in the main 1 bedroom. The kitchen has everything one could possibly ask for.

Its a quick walk to the Resort Activities Center, Knoll pool and main clubhouse with pool and fitness center. In addition up one floor brings you to the rooftop jacuzzis and dry sauna.

As a result of our amazing stay we bought a resale week on Don't listen to the talk about buying points. We got a floating week that can be used between weeks 1-52 in a 2 bedroom Cascade Unit. I toured the Tower Unit and was not impressed due to the smaller bathtubs and the lock off having the jacuzzi should one want to rent the 1 bedroom they will be left without a jacuzzi. Other than that its a 5 star resort all the way from the Deli to the Hungry Bear Restaurant.

By deidreo Updated Apr 13, 2010

We just returned from a week stay at the Ridge. We rented our week here at We were in the Plaza bldg. on the 6th floor. The condo was very nice, sleep number beds in both bedrooms (the second bedroom was a lock out), laundry in the unit, fireplace, etc. It was very clean and we didn't have any of the issues other reviewers had with checking in, staff, finding the resort, etc.

It snowed pretty heavily on Easter night and so we didn't have to put our chains on the car, we used the BlueGo shuttles and the resort shuttles. They were great, complimentary and came about every 10 minutes. We took them to the Boulder Lodge at Heavenly for our kids ski/ride lessons. We also took them into the casinos, the drivers told us where to wait and the best ways to get around.

My only complaints with the Ridge were in the spa/pool/locker room/fitness room area. The resort was crowded (it was our spring break) and the ladies locker room is very tight. Two of the four showers in the locker room did not work. There wasn't enough room to move around getting dressed or getting in and out of your locker. This is also the only rest room for the indoor/outdoor pool and the fitness room.

I did a few spa treatments and it is a little disjointed how you walk through the fitness room (after coming down stairs from the locker room) to go into the spa waiting room with racketball going on next door (all while you are in a spa robe and slippers). My massage and facial were great, but the atmosphere was not very spa-like. The locker rooms and spa could be upgraded.

My husband and son reserved the indoor basketball court a few times and they enjoyed that.

The Hungry Bear restaurant was good when it was open...I think Thurs-Sat. The deli was also decent, but it closed during the week from 2:30-5:30. We did get a take and bake pizza from the deli and it was good.

All in all, it was a great stay. You are truly on the ridge of the mountain. Beautiful views over the Carson valley and the surrounding mountains. It was especially pretty after the snow and everything was covered in white.

I would stay there again.

By juwatij Feb 8, 2009

We have stayed a this resort for two times recently. We traded through RCI & Interval International. We love the Ridge, and each time we got a chance to stay at the different building. The first time, during the Christmas week, we got to stay at the Naegle Building. It is an old building, but my husband and my son loved it because they have a big terrace. The second time we got to stay at the Plaza, a newer building. Overall we had a good experience there. The Resort is clean and well maintained. We love to come back again, and hopefully we can stay at the different building. I would recommend this Resort to everyone.

By rosemaryw8 Aug 18, 2008

I just came back from a couple of nights I rented at the very last minute through Redweeks and stayed in a Tower studio (#1605). I'm in escrow for a 2 bed unit, also in the Tower, and can't wait to return.

By phill12 Updated Apr 8, 2008

The Ridge Tahoe is not only the best in Lake Tahoe but at the top of our list anywhere!

We own the Naegle (summer months) and Tower (EOY) Prime.

We have traveled many places and had some nice places and have yet to stay in one nicer than the Naegle or Tower buildings at the Ridge.

Its on top of the mountain between Lake Tahoe and Carson City.

It is great too because your away from the main town area and you are within a 10 minute drive and your at the casino's and lake!

Love the Ridge Tahoe and the Naegle and Tower units!

During the summer (Naegle) most of time July 4th week and enjoy large patio and Tower unit in colder months with its little four foot patio.

We own two units only because we just didn't want to trade and not spend week here.

By keith271 Dec 23, 2006

I've stayed here 5 or 6 times and have enjoyed it each time. I prefer the Cascade building as they are the newest buildings.

We have been here in the winter and played in the snow with the kids -- not big skiers. We have also been here during the summer and played in the pools. Definitely something for everyone.

By catc Nov 20, 2006

I love the Ridge! We traded into it multiple times before we finally purchased our own unit there. The option of splitting the unit or splitting the week has been very useful over the years as our family has grown and our needs changed. I always appreciated that it was a gated resort, and I could let my older children enjoy the activities such as theater room, arcade, racquetball courts, pools, on their own, while calling me in my unit every hour from one of the many house phones. It is spectacular beauty every season of the year. There is enough to keep you busy day and night for years. I always love the snowshoe hike in winter (& summer sans snowshoes!) that yields views of the Carson Valley and Lake Tahoe. You will not be disappointed in this resort!

By anitad10 Updated Sep 30, 2006

We own at The Ridge so we are very partial to this resort. We feel like we have been blessed by owning a little piece of Heaven on Earth. Our unit is in the Plaza Building and we have been able to reserve a valley view that gives you a breathtaking view of the entire Carson Valley from about 7,800'. We enjoyed having all of the comforts of home and found the housekeeping staff to be excellent. We even received a complimentary mid week cleaning which we have not experienced at other 5 star resorts that we have traded for. We certainly enjoyed the many activities also offered at The Ridge--cooking demonstrations by the head chef, wine tastings, tennis, beautiful pools, hiking, and The Plaza has 2 rooftop jacuzzies; one with a view of the Carson Valley and the other with a view of Lake Tahoe. We are finding out as we are trading and traveling around that we are having a hard time finding an area that we love as much as Lake Tahoe. It is such a unique are in that it has all of the natural beauty of the mountains and lake to enjoy many outdoor acitivites, but it also has the casinos which feature many great entertainers even if you aren't a gambler, many wonderful restaurants, concerts, and great shopping. So, there is never a lack of things to do and you get to experience both an outdoors type vacation along with many metropolitan activities. A couple of our favorite experiences were kayaking on Lake Tahoe and taking a breakfast cruise on one of the boats. Also, please do not miss going to Emerald Bay or taking the Heavenly Gondola. We hope that you will have a chance to visit The Ridge and experience a little piece of heaven. We look forward to returning real soon!

By garyc34 Jul 8, 2006

We had a wonderful week in the penthouse unit. Very relaxing environment. Well appointed unit with nearly every kitchen gadget imaginable. Easy to eat in and the on site dining was great too. Pools, putting green and parks were great for our children. I highly recommend this resort.

By renee219 Mar 14, 2006

Winter Vacation February 2006

We booked an exchange week for a 2 BR, 2 Bath and were booked into the Terrace Bldg. The Unit consisted of a spacious open living area with full kitchen and living room area. The electric fireplace served to dry out the many pairs of boots and gloves wet with snow play. The queen size sofa sleeper was never used as the two guys with us prefered to alternate sleeping solo on the sofa or in the two chairs and ottoman pulled together to form aother single sleeping area. Go figure. The bedroom attached to this area was sizeable with king bed. A large bath area was accesible from this bedroom as well as the main living area. Sink and vanity area were separated by door leading to double sized shower and toilet area.

The second bedroom area was actually a "lock off" unit. This bedroom was as large as the main bedroom, included two upholstered chairs, a mini refrigerator, micro, sink and coffee maker. The bath had a closed off sink/vanity area with another area separated by a door with a large garden tub, sink and toilet.

This was a spacious unit combo which allowed the six of us to live together comfortably. The housekeeping staff was generous in providing daily towel service, mini clean mid week. Washer and Dryer not in unit, but 4-5 washer/dryers available free of charge in room on 3rd floor. We had absolutely no complaints about the accomodations. The absolutely beautiful views of a true winterland would have made up for most anything.

Of all the amenities, the garage parking was the big bonus. Snowfall was plentiful as in a foot or two a day. Some cars we passed on our way down the mountain were simply mounds of snow and would have required heavy snow shoveling to even move them from the space in which they were parked. A four wheel drive with snow tires is simply a must during the peak snow season. There are steep grades, icy roads, etc to reach Ridge Tahoe by car. Bus service ($1) is available from the base near the casinos, with scheduled service from about 7AM and last bus from casinos at 12:30AM. Even the most timid among us drove the expedition with no problems.

Gondola from the Ridge takes you down to nearby lift at Heavenly where lift tickets/ski rentals etc can be purchased. Heavenly has several lift areas, so you have to decide where you want to ski to determine area to launch from. We also traveled about an hour to ski at Sierra at Tahoe which proved to be cost effective with ski lessons etc. We bought sleds/saucers and rocketed down nearby slopes (Ridge Tahoe writes this is a liability and not available on site).

Accomodations were clean. Some of the upholstery on chairs/couch was worn and in need of replacement, but not gross. The carpet was a little worn. The hallway carpet however, was new so perhaps they are in the process of renewal. Indoor spa on floor 4 overlooking a patio area. All staff were attentive to any needs/concerns.

Clubhouse has small store that proved convenient (double the price of a grocery), a bar that closes at 9PM, a restaurant that didn't open till Thursday, a mini-grill that was kind of like a concession stand and served Starbucks brew (but not really a Starbucks). As we drove to Stateline most every day, we planned around the fact that we were on the top of a mountain and it took 15-20 minutes to drive down the snowy incline. We cooked a couple of nights, ate sandwiches a few days and simply ate out the rest of the time. There is a pub/grill about 5 minutes away that does stay open later, but bus does not stop as it passes by.

Wireless "available" - about $29 for 3 days but it was more "off" than "on" during the days we attempted to communicate back home. Out of the 4 wireless plans we had, only one worked some of the time and that was when you stood outside in the snow. The weather probably had a big impact on this and we were on vacation so... just blew this off. May matter to some though.

We had a great vacation and were pleased with our accomodations. If you are looking for night life, the casinos are a safe bus ride away. It just takes planning to catch the last bus. If you plan to party till all hours, perhaps a place in town would be more convenient. The weather/scenery on the mountain at Ridge Tahoe was something we enjoyed on a daily basis.

By donna1351 Nov 4, 2004

I have been to this resort more than any other. I have stayed at the Cacades (fabulous), Terrace (very, very nice), Plaza (has washer/dryer in your unit, bbqs on the porch & outdoor pool just outside), and the Tower (conveniently located across from the clubhouse). Amazingly, during 8 trades into the Ridge, I have never stayed at the Nagles (oldest buildings -- 3 bedrooms). They keep adding more and more facilities and improving the ones they have. There are spas everywhere, an indoor/outdoor pool, outdoor pool by the Plaza, barbeques by the Plaza, tennis courts, hoops, playground for the kids, shuffle board & kids' activities. There is a gondola & ski lockers for those so inclined. I always list the Ridge as one of my three choices when doing trades and continue returning there time & time again. Strong 4 stars.

By don484 Updated Sep 25, 2004

Took a ski trip with 7 friends and we all fit comfortably in the 2 bedroom unit. We were up in time to grab some breakfast, walk down the stairs, strap on our skiis, and catch the first lift to the top of Heavenly every day!

At night, we relaxed with a couple of gin and tonics up in the rooftop hot tub overlooking the valley.

Midweek, we splurged on a full body massage that took the soreness right out of our burning thighs and backs and kept us in the game for the rest of the week.

The fireplace, the views, the convenience, the location, the powder... This is a GREAT place to take a ski vacation. If you feel the need to explore a couple of other mountains, do what we did; rent a minivan and drive out to Squaw Valley or Kirkwood [my favorite]. They are both about 1 hour drives and well worth it.

By jbakos May 24, 2004

We absolutely love this resort. Great access to Heavenly's Nevada side make this a perfect choice for skiers.

By thomas136 Feb 2, 2004

The resort has everything we wanted - right next to Heavenly ski resort, quiet, spa, indoor / outdoor pool, hot tub, indoor basketball court, activities (including movie night), video rentals, small market, no sales pressure, friendly staff, etc.

Also, even though in Nevada, no smoking, and no gambling (for those who want it, it's close by, but no slots on site).

By appreski1 Jan 18, 2004

My first vacation in three years and we spent a wonderful week at the Ridge Tahoe in the Nagle Building. The unit we had was first quality and the layout of the unit was very good if you needed privacy. I would recommend this resort. Top Notch!

By kisrael Nov 2, 2003

This resort has a secret place in my heart. This is the first real vacation my husband and I took as a couple. What impressed me the most was the activities they had planned that we could sign up for. For once the activities did not involve listening to a time share presentation and they were absolutely free! The staff really took an interest in us, and we noticed.

Since it was just the two of us, we opted for the efficiency. It was a little small for a timeshare but how can we complain when it really was about the size of a regular hotel room. We even had a smalll fridge.

All in all we had a wonderful time.

By mlove_999 Sep 10, 2003

Fantastic resort. Stayed in two bedroom that was roomy, had fantastic view of mountains and valley, and were well decorated. Great activities for kids.

By floyd2 Jun 7, 2003

Rooms were o.k. Food was over priced. The staff was nice. The rooms were fair.

By connie13 Apr 13, 2003

This is a beautiful place and it is so assessible for skiing. Shuttle service is the best I ever saw. A one minute shuttle to the ticket office at stagecoach Lodge and you're skiing. Or take Ridge Tahoe own private Gondola to the ticket office at Stagecoach Lodge. Units are well kept, attractive and beautifully decorated and very accomodating. It really has two master bedrooms with baths. So it is very nicely set up if you want to share the unit with another couple, which is what we did.