Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

Freeport, Bahamas

Timeshare reviews at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

Freeport, Bahamas

By laurencio1 Nov 28, 2014

This was our first stay at the Wyndham Viva Fortuna club and I could not be happier. Our stay was from 11/7/2014 to 11/14/2014. First off, I want to thank all the staff at the club for their exceptional service. The staff was great at getting the guests involved in daily activities and also getting them involved in their knightly shows. This resort is also extremely kid friendly and it just seemed like it added to the charm. I loved the fact that they even had a dive center right on the property. Food was also very good and available all day long.

A special thanks to Carlos, Miguel, Timothy and Mama Ima for making our trip special. I highly recommend and will be back.

By garys96 Jul 5, 2006

My family of 5 stayed here in June, 2006 and had a great time. Having read as many reviews as I could find, I wasn't sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were nothing to write home about, simple hotel style rooms with inexpensive furnishings, but they were clean and provided a place to rest up between days in the sun.

I really liked the all inclusive feature, one fee covered your food, drinks (alcohol) and some water sports. The food wasn't terrific - kind of like college dorm cuisine, but it was ok and easy to get in, get out, and back to having fun. No decisions necessary on where to have dinner everyday - and then having to take the blame for making a bad choice! The kids really enjoyed the snack shack on the beach, where they could get their fill of hamburgers and fries. The drinks were easy to get and the bartenders were generous with the booze. I'm glad I was scuba diving and had to stay away from the alcohol for a few days, or I might have had a hangover all week long!

It was really nice just letting the kids do what they wanted and not have to worry about their safety. The resort had different activities all day long so they didn't have to sit on the beach all day with Mom and Dad. We could relax and they got to have their fun.

I would recommend this place highly if you are looking for a great beach and some relaxation. If you are looking for plush accommodations and expect to be pampered then you might try somewhere else.

By k4man Nov 23, 2003

My wife and I went here two years ago. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to take our entire family the following year. Beach or pool, kayaking, archery, snorkeling, dancing lessons, pool aerobics and more...and that's just during the daytime hours.

Our kids found the snacks and foods that THEY liked, and the adults had awesome buffet style choices for EVERY meal of the day.

By tomchadbourne Updated Nov 3, 2003

A truly great resort which we own. The lowest price for a vacation in the bahamas or the Caribbean. Live entertainment every night. We have been backs five years in a row. Leaving is the hard part. The meals are great, prepared by Bahamian chefs trained by Italian chefs. Contrary to some reviews Grand Bahama is the safest of the islands. Check the US State Department website on travel alerts.

By rmerm1 Updated Aug 9, 2003

We own at this resort. Our unit(s) were oceanfront, not way in the back. The food is not gourmet but there is a decent variety and another alacarte restaurant on property. The staff is great. Multi-lingual from several different countries. They like to meet the guests and mingle with them over dinner and at the disco at night. This resort is not luxury but for the price it cant be beat. There is a constant stream of activites all day. If you are active this is the place to be. Think Club Med.

By buffett61 Dec 2, 2002

Was there for two weeks in 2/02. This resort is mandatory All-Inclusive. It was terrible. The food was always the same, the staff wants to sit at your table to eat. The beer was sour when we first got there. The drinks were not good. The staff NEVER washed their hands! The place is run down. The time share units are way in the back, a far walk to the beach or anything other than the disco or the a la carte dining place (which also was not good). The hotel is too far from town. Freeport is also not a very nice place, the International Bazaar is even scary during the day. Suggestion, go to a different island, and if your heart is set on Freeport, go to another resort!