Solara Surfside

Surfside, Florida

Reviews of Solara Surfside

Surfside, Florida

4.4

Have you been to Solara Surfside lately?

By carolt248 Sep 4, 2012

My hubby and I love this resort, always have a great time. We've been there twice and plan to go again! the Beach is beautiful, and for a few dollars can rent umbrellas and chairs. If I'm not mistaken chairs are free to bluegreen owners. The pool is nice to, and the entire resort area BBQ short walk to the beach etc is very pretty. The first time we stayed we got a regular 1 BR ,it was ok but the 1 BR deluxe on our 2nd visit was much bigger with a separate BR (door) area that you can close vs the pull across door that the reg one had. I Would definatly make sure you request the 1BR deluxe (harder to book so book as far out as you can, especially if you are booking for 4. They are both the same points, and not listed differantly in the book. We learned this by staying there. It will be very important to book on the phone and/or request it and call the resort as well. It will be well worth it whatever you have to do. The decor is lovely, remodeled inside the rooms on our 2nd trip. Both times they were clean. We had no problem with nominal cost of valet, they were all very friendly. The front desk and concierge were great. I would imagine that it is adventageous to have a car, as we did. There are busses available though we did'nt use them All in all, one of my favorite bluegreen resorts! love, love, love. a definate five star all round.

By michaelr844 May 10, 2012

Stayed here in Feb of 2009 -- great views, wonderful beach access -- the location is just great. Pool and hot tub right outside the door on the main floor and the beach is easily accessible from this property -- right in the backyard next to the palm trees, hammocks, and gas grills. Not much of an activity center or lobby, but you don't really need it with the ocean here as your playground. Units are not as huge as other Bluegreen Resort properties, but you are really paying for this location. I found a grocery store about 12 blocks north of the hotel. PLEASE NOTE: They only have valet parking here at this location but I paid just $3 per day for parking and about the same for the tip, so 6 bucks a day for parking -- when you are used to paying for 30 bucks -- is not such a bad deal. Many hotels in this region would charge you 30-40 per day and not valet park it either.

By terris165 Updated Jun 30, 2011

I have stayed here many times and love the fact that it's on the beach and has a wonderful grilling area. You can even borrow utensils for the grill!

I have gone with just my husband and also with family with children. We always have a blast. The water and beach are perfect.

We've had 6 people in the smaller 2 bedroom with no problem getting around and cooking in the kitchen.

The valet is great, but make sure to call before you go down so your car is ready. They will even help you load your car as there are steps at the front. I always end up forgetting something at the grocery (which is walkable, but tough on the way back if you have a lot of groceries), so have to request my car more than once a day. Especially if we drive to dinner or an attraction. They are always accomodating and never had a bad word to say.

The rooms are clean and have everything you need. I always leave relaxed.

By wfhullsiek Mar 21, 2011

Just returned with the familiy for spring break in Miami. We have two daughters in College so they were able to go down to the South Beach area, while my wife and I enjoyed quiet time by the beach. Hint: Purchase a 7-day bus pass about 40 days advance of your stay. A pass for one person is $26 (unlimited). We took the bus to get groceries; go shopping; and go out to dinner. The rental car was used to/from the airport; the everglades, and the Keys. As stated in other reviews this is in a quiet neighborhood - right next to Bal Harbour. You are roughly 3:15 hours from the Keys - so that tends to be a day-trip. The Everglades or Zoo can be a 1/2 day trip.

By cristallel Updated Aug 14, 2010

Aug. 2009, I vacationed with my family of 4, we absolutely loved it. It's Chic, bright and almost Exclusive. The 2 BR sleeps 6 was BIG, But the 2 BR sleeps 8 is FANTASTIC, with its Ocean Front balcony. The location was great as it was a peaceful retreat not far from main areas as South Beach and nite life. The resort planned really good activities and "A good time was had by all". We'll be back!

By mummaredweek Feb 6, 2010

I have put off reviewing this resort because our problems may not be a problem to anybody else. The resort is all that other reviewers have said, BUT Surfside is a residential community. The nearest restaurants/groceries are about a mile away in either direction. The restaurants within walking distance weren't particularly good, which means driving. And the resort is valet parking only. There's a daily parking fee, and add that to a valet tip each way, and things get expensive. Lastly, we had a nasty experience. The parking is below the building, and we took our luggage down to load it into the car. Then, since the gate was open, we drove up to the entrance to check out. The valet was pretty ugly, missing his tip. I might have tipped him anyway, except for his remarks. We drove off, and in 20 minutes had a flat tire. I don't know that the valet did it, but the tire was slashed on the side, and it was the right rear tire where he stood, while I checked out. I don't like giving this review, but others need to know.

By maryanak2 Updated Oct 4, 2008

Stayed for April break with several families, abslolutely loved it. Close to everything in Miami and Miami Beach, ocean/beach was great. Resort is located in quiet location, has tennis court near by, great for family. Pool could be bigger. Resort has 1 BR room, 1 BR delux and 2 BR. 1 BR is regular size, 1 BR delux is very spacious-when I booked reservation I was not told there are different 1 BRms. 2 BR is huge and can easily fit 8-10 people. Plan to go back next year.

By willhemakeit Feb 26, 2008

Great resort loved it here much to do near South beach and Miami

By adahiscout Jul 17, 2007

Because this resort is in the heart of Surfside, it is not large. That is not necessarily a bad thing. The building is far from new but in the style for which the area is famous. Personally, I liked having a real door to the balcony rather than a sliding window.

There is an attractive pool outside and easy access to the beach. It was fun to watch the windsurfers from our balcony. We were only there for two nights, but I would be glad to go again.

By scottm182 Oct 24, 2006

We stayed there back in Jan 04. The rooms look exactly like the pictures, very nicely done. Service is excellent, the pool is not the greatest esp. if you have kids as it is small and in the shade a good part of the day. I would certainly stay here again

By grace186 Apr 18, 2005

We stayed in the ocean front 2 bedroom unit. The apartment is huge and beautifully decorated. 2 balcony overlook the ocean and the private beach which was so nice and quiet compared to the over crowded public beach.The upscale hopping mall Bar Harbor is nearby.It was comfortable to stay in this resort. If I will visit Miami area , I will book it again!

By chriskre Dec 5, 2004

I toured this resort when the developer was selling the units. I did not have the opportunity to stay in the resort but I did like what I saw. The location is great. I'd like to hear from an owner or someone who has stayed there since it was finished and sold off. Thanks. Chris