Magens Point Resort

Northside, St. Thomas (USVI)

Reviews of Magens Point Resort

Northside, St. Thomas (USVI)

2.9

Have you been to Magens Point Resort lately?

By miriahw2 May 6, 2010

We rented a unit here April 2010 for 7 days. The staff is SOOO friendly and helpful and will go out of their way for you. It was great! The rooms are rustic, you are on an island so don't expect carpet and an elite room. It is tile floor and you track so much sand in, it's crazy. Watch out for the little no-see-ums bugs. They will bite you. Bring some bug spray for your legs at night. We used eculyptus and lemon oil on our legs, it worked. GET directions to this place before you leave the airport! HIGHLY suggested that you rent a car. We rent from BUDGET every time, you get this amazing coupon book with it! It takes about 2-3 minutes to get to downtown shopping. It is 3 turns from the resort and you are downtown. It is about 10 minutes from RedHook for the ferry to St. John. The bar at Magen's Point Resort has happy hour from 3pm-7pm every night, it includes fresh made sushi rolls for $5 each and drinks (loaded with alcohol) for $2.50 each! Would stay again! We had to be moved because our first room leaked at the sliding glass door, but it was fine. They upgraded us to a 1 bedroom suite, that was nice too. The shower curtain fell on my head, but that's what I get for ripping things around, I guess. ENJOY!

By richard1286 Jan 3, 2008

We stayed at Magens the week starting Dec. 2, 1006 and really enjoyed our stay. This was our third stay at Megans over the years and we have watched the resort first go down in quality and now improve to the point that we have no reservation recommending it to friends.

The pool was clean and relaxing. The restaurant, under new ownership the past couple years, was serving excellent food and we ate there 4 of our 7 evenings. Lunch was also quite good.

Magens is Magens and a short walk delivers you at the most amazing beach. Days we didn't visit around the island or stay by the pool were spent at Magens beach. Head down to the left end and you have a fantastic beach all to yourself. Take a cab back because the walk uphill can be quite tiring and hot.

The resort also sponsored a very reasonably priced beach party which was loads of fun. We highly recommend a stay at Magens Point Resort.

By cathya19 Feb 25, 2006

Visited Magen's Point in November 2005. The units have been renovated as has the pool. Much nicer than other properties we visited while we were in St. Thomas.

By donco6 Mar 30, 2005

We stayed here in 2004 and visited again in 2005. We had a great time. Laid-back little property just up the hill from Magen's Bay. Rooms are OK - not great, but functional. The onsite restaurant was fabulous. The little bar is a fun place to congregate. Overall, for the price, can't beat it.

By jhanders Updated Jan 7, 2005

We stayed here from March 11 - 18, 2004, and the results were mixed - Friendly staff, al- though we heard complaints from some that they weren't being paid on time!

The restaurant had a brand new chef from Philadelphia via Johnson/Wales Culinary School and he was FANTASTIC!!

Great views of Magen's Bay, and a car is needed. Some units need updating.

We would look to another resort nearer the beach next time.

By n80 Jul 21, 2004

This place is barely operational.

By thetravelguy Updated Mar 17, 2003

Great View, In the process of adding more Units this year, Also heard that they are upgrading the Restaurant. ....Sounds great

By sacky Mar 14, 2003

One of the best parts of staying at Magen's Bay is the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help whomever is staying there. Some of the rooms/suites have been updated and others are in the process. If you stay at Magen's Bay, you should rent a car. It is easy to drive on St. Thomas and you quickly get used to driving on the left hand side of the road.

By atolson Jan 12, 2003

I stayed at this resort 11/02. While the staff was extremely accomodating, I would not stay at this resort again. Upon checking in, I found that I had no water in my room--nothing came out of the faucets! After going back to the desk and changing rooms, the water didn't work in my new room either. A maintenance person was dispatched and Voila, hours later, the water worked. The room was spacious and well appointed, but dusty/dirty.

One weekday morning, I was awakend before 8am by loud drilling, sawing, etc. I called the room above me to find out what the rucus was, and was told the room was being renovated--if I wanted to sleep in, I had to change rooms again!

The food at the restaurant was decent for breakfast, but other meals were touch and go. I tried the lobster special at dinner one night and was sorry--it was so tough, I had to use a steak knife to cut it. They would only take half of it off my bill.

On the bright side, there is a free shuttle that will take you to the beach, shopping, etc. The staff is extremely nice.

By egray Updated Apr 30, 2004

I stayed in this facility 12/01 for a week and was highly disappointed. The rooms were extremely run down and dirty. The grounds as I drove up were very nice, they should spend some of the landscaping budget on upgrading the rooms and bathrooms. The doors did not close and lock properly, the shower was rather disgusting, I felt I needed to be clothed before entering. The carpet was worn, torn and filthy. The dust and spider webs I found upon entering the unit had to be cleaned before I brought any of my luggage in. I love St. Thomas, the people and especially Magens point, this resort was not a resort.