Turtle Cay

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Reviews of Turtle Cay

Virginia Beach, Virginia

4.0

Have you been to Turtle Cay lately?

By deloress18 Apr 27, 2012

Love everything about this resort. We have vacationed here for the last 10 years and would not consider staying anywhere else. Staff is great to work with and facility is clean and furnished beautifully. Walking distance to boardwalk,entertainment, and great restaurants. Not to mention the beach is fantastic..... Look forward to vacationing here in July and August.

By kellyh87 Updated Dec 31, 2011

I traded into this resort to visit my sister & family in the NAVY the week of December 3, 2011.

The good: The resort was very nice and the unit was really big. It had everything that we needed for our stay. It was quiet and I had all the alone time one would want/need. It is the low season and I think only about 10-20 rooms were occupied while I was there. I do have a hard time sleeping on vacations as most beds are too hard for me. I slept great. It might have been because of my 4 year old nephews’ energy that I had to keep up with.

The pool was kept in the 80s while we were there. Be careful in the mornings, I think they turn off the heaters at night. Makes for a rude morning wake up call. The hot tubs (2) were both very nice always at just over 100 degrees. They saved my aching back from lifting/wrestling my 42lb nephew that I am not accustomed to. A few of the days I had to clean the leaves out of the spa myself. Not the best thing to do since the leaves were prickly.

The not so good: I was disappointed with the check in desk. They gave very little information to what to do in the property and when towels and what not would be taken care of. I discovered all of this along the way by some means or another. For example, you are supposed to do your own inventory of the kitchen supplies and turn the sheet into the front desk. They trade out new towels on Wednesday. Would have been nice to know since I didn’t think they were going to change them out at all and I ran a load of towels the night before. What a waste of money and time.

Plus, the fireplace did not work properly in the first room even after we had the maintenance guy there twice in 40 minutes. As to not have to fuss with it all week, we ended up changing to a different room our first night. The second room did not have all the complimentary condiments the first room had. The lotion was there, the shampoo was partially used and the conditioner was MIA. Really?!?

Not the best impression in the first few hours.

The location is close to a lot of stores and food. However, 99% of the stores were closed since it was not high season.

Overall: Not sure if I would stay here again. I don’t visit Virginia Beach very often, so I guess I won’t have to make that decision for a while. As of right now, I think I would look at some of the other options in the area.

By dianeb292 May 8, 2008

We have stayed at this resort for 9 years. The interior of each suite is all tile and carpet and there is a gas fireplace. In the bathroom there is a hot tub-jacuzzi for 2 and you are provided plenty of towels, kitchen ware, etc. for the week. There is a balcony in each resort and two beautiful pools to enjoy.

The setting is quite private as it is a courtyard and there are 2 hot-tubs as well. One can walk to several very nice restaurants or to the ocean in less than 5 minutes. On the adjacent side of the units, opposite the ocean, is a small lake which harbors several small seasonal homes which is also attractive. Large white rocking chairs are lined along the porch which overlooks the main drag. This resort is number one in my book! It is very quiet to sleep.

dianeb292

By jeffreyk49 Updated Mar 30, 2008

This resort is great! The rooms are so spacious and roomy. The two pools on site are beautiful, but what makes this resort different the all the others is that you can vist the sister resort that has two more pools and hot- tubs!! The location is perfect you can walk right across the street to the beach and the boardwalk. turtle cay is located on the quieter side of the beach which is great. Turtle Cay is also so close to so many great attractions that are fun for the whole family. The suites are perfect with there full kitchen and jacuzzi tubs!!! I love this resort and I promise you'll love it just as much!!! <3 <3 <3

By kivenmelissas Updated Feb 5, 2008

My family and I stayed the 1st wek in June of 2007. It boasts spacious rooms wonderful swimming areas and hot tubs when you get tired of the beach and the waves beating you to death. I Love the beach but the private keyed pool area with it's beatiful landscaping and waterfalls are spectacular places to relax. Also a wonderful view of all of it from our balcony. Had trouble with our stove and was fixed within the hour. Wonderful place to stay. More than a vacation. Only vacation that was better in my lifetime was Cancun, Mexico and it cost a lot more than Turtle Cay. I have stayed in other timeshares in Virginia Beach and none have the relaxed atmosphere we experienced here.

By evonne4 Mar 9, 2007

I stayed at this resort in February 2007, one week after the Superbowl. The room was excellent. The room was more than comfortable. It is very slow during this time, so I had plenty of parking available. The resort does not 5 stars because the traffic noise even during a slow season was just too much. Also, the safe charge of $1 was unnecessary and a waste of money.

By emielb Feb 11, 2007

We stayed on the 3rd floor at Turtle Cay and overlooked the courtyard - unbelievable! In October, we were able to sit out on the porch every morning and enjoy the beauty of the waterfall, swimming pools and hot tub, and then in the evenings - WOW - it is lit up and absolutely beautiful!! The staff was friendly and courteous and met every need we had! The bedroom was very quiet and we had an older couple sleep on the sofa who have some back trouble and they slept fantastically every night the entire week! We can't say enough about Turtle Cay - it is so much more of a vacation than a typical hotel - it's almost like being in the caribbean!!!!!

By jackie667 Jan 5, 2007

I stayed at this resort July 2005. Beautiful resort that surrounds a gorgeous pool. Having a washer/dryer in the unit was a plus. However, you had to go across the street to their sister resort for the gym, indoor pool, spa, etc. It is located at the lower end of VA Beach and there was outdoor entertaiment nightly across the street.

By mkcuw Feb 11, 2006

This resort did not meet my expectations. The room was on the backside of the property, and there was a lot of traffic noise just outside the bedroom. Also, the only entrance into the unit was directly through the bedroom. Although billed as a 4-person occupancy unit (one bed, one sleeper sofa), when the person using the sleeper sofa wanted to leave or enter the unit, he had to go right through the bedroom. The pool area closed early, and although we (2 adults) were just sitting quietly in the hot tub, security guards chased us out. This was in October--a very slow season at Virginia Beach. I would not trade into this resort again. Other resorts in Virginia Beach are much better despite the star-rating that this resort has been given by the exchange companies.

By pam132 Updated Jan 7, 2005

Our family stayed at this resort the week of July 17, 2004. We were very happy with our room. Very clean and nicely equipped. The kitchen and bath are exceptional. The pool is spectacular! My kids loved it!! Security was good and the staff was courteous. The only drawbacks besides the obvious of not being oceanfront was the street noise in the bedroom. We had a one bedroom and you enter the condo through the bedroom which is street side. I thought that was a little odd. The other was the limited amount of parking. We often had to park across the street at their sister hotel which was annoying. Otherwise, a wonderful place to stay.

By colden Updated Oct 25, 2004

This resort boasts a 5 star rating. They allow their guests ACCESS to a 5 star resort across the street but I would rate this resort as a 2 star.

It has a nice pool area and it's clean. It's in a quiet area and across the street from the beach. These are the good points of this resort.

There is no restaurant, gym, clubhouse that has anything for guests, spa services or anything ON site that would make this a 5 star resort.

The staff lost our registration mid-week and left a nasty message on our machine stating we needed to come down and register or our room would be relinquished. OUCH.. how did we get our room number and key if we didn't register? It was solved of course...but the poor service along with lack of ammenities left its mark on me.

I'll try another resort on my next visit to VA Beach.

By terri148 Sep 9, 2004

Spent July 4th week 2004 Turtle Cay.

Resort Services were poor. My broken dishwasher was never repaired or replaced. Actually no one would tell me when it would be.

Broken glasses were never replaced - although they kept telling me they would.

The pools were never cleaned in 7 days! They were filthy when we got there - lots of sand, twigs and leaves on the bottom. A broken light at the end of the small pool had a whole area sectioned off for the week - no repair there either.

Virginia Beach is great - Turtle Cay service is anything but.

By barbvee2 Oct 5, 2003

Turtle Cay is one of the finest timeshare resorts in Virginia Beach. It's staff is pleasant and responsive to your needs, and it is convenniently located to the beach itself. Our experience there has always been top notch!

The two bedroom lock out units are spacious and well-equipped, and the outdoor gardens are wonderful, with hot tubs, outdoor pools, and waterfalls. All in alll, you couldn't ask for a nicer place for a family vacation.

By mlfelton Jan 22, 2003

Excellent facilities. Good activities. Cordial and helpful staff.