Oasis Marigot

Castries, St. Lucia

Timeshare reviews at Oasis Marigot

Castries, St. Lucia

By judyj15 Updated Dec 9, 2014

This is a beautiful resort. Immaculately clean. We loved sitting on our 22 foot deck enjoying the view, the bay, flowers and birds. Most relaxing. Scuba diving and snorkeling is great. Very relaxing place. Nice size kitchen. The bed was very comfortable. We came home very rested.

By julia92 Jun 10, 2014

I m a share co owner. Very peaceful place to unwind and relax. The place is very clean . Housekeeping does a fantastic job. The workers are very friendly and helpful. You r picked up from the airport for a fee. Short ride across bay by ferry to get there. Very convienient. Not time consuming at all. My place sleeps one to four guests. You can purchase food near by to cook at home sometimes. There r lovely tours and water sports around. Island is near Martinique. Enjoy. Every house faces the Bay.

By jefff144 Oct 29, 2009

This is a great place. I love the resort and the accomidations are great. The diving near by is out of this work as well as great snorkling. The chance to get a sail boat and add to a vacation is unmatched.

By yvonnea7 Updated Jul 10, 2007

I own a week at this resort, and just love having my own private cottage when I visit. I enjoy sitting out on the huge second floor veranda and gazing at the turqoise waters of the Bay. It is so peaceful, listening to the sounds of the island. I can imagine why (the original) Dr. Dolittle was filmed right at this very location.

When I decide to finally get up and move, l will walk to the hiking trail behind the houses, relax at the waterfall pool, or head down the stairs (or tram) to the beach. There is a rope swing at the beach that my daughter loves.

We usually catch a water taxi to go around to different parts of the Island. Castries, the capital, isn't far away, and is a nice city to visit and stock up on supplies. I also enjoy going to the south end of the island where the twin pitons are. A completely different environment. St. Lucia is so beautiful.

By mindoverma Updated Feb 10, 2006

Great views from both balconies of Marigot Bay. Wonderful location. Very romantic and secluded. Accessible by small ferry and mountainside lift. Recommend you fly into Charles Vigie airport and not Hewenorrah which is on other side of island. St Lucia is lush and green tropical island with year round temperatures in the 80's. Many restaurants in area. St Lucians speak english and a french patois and are very friendly. Exchange rate for $1 US for $2.65 EC.

By uwinsome Updated Jun 28, 2004

I visited Oasis Marigot in Oct with my 2 year old daughter and my wife.The ride to the resort from the main airport is about 60.00us and about 25.00us from the small airport.You will have to catch the free ferry provided by the resort to get to the Oasis Marigot seahouses. The initial ferry ride and your departure ferry ride is free.If you want to go back and forth to the market or other resturants, there is a water taxi charge.You have to make a deal with the taxis.You can get a weekly rate as well.

Once you are on the secluded hill you will have a great veiw of the bay and lush landscaped gardens all around you.The people are there to provide for you all of your needs and will give you your privacy as well.

You should take advantage of the sailing excursions to snorkle and to fish.Peter is the best fisherman there,so try to get him to take you fishing.Jean will offer great deals on snorkleing also.The Pitons are nice to see and the volcanos as well.

As with most Islands there are plenty of people that don't have all the luxuries that the visitors have ,so they will offer whatever they can to make money .They are doing what they can to support themselves and their families.You should understand that and support some of the locals that bear gifts and services.

By chrstsn Updated Nov 19, 2003

My wife and I recently returned from Oasis Marigot in St. Lucia and thought it was absolutely beautiful. The sea houses are built into the side of the hill and offer an incredible view of the bay. The resort is very secluded and can only be reached by water taxi ($14 for an entire week of unlimited use). The island is very mountainous and offered many beautiful views, unlike some of the other islands in the Caribbean.

We also did the sailboat trip to the south of the island which was excellent. It offered beautiful views and a full day of activities. The tip included snorkeling, a trip to the Pitons, the waterfall, the volcano, and the botanical gardens.

Be sure to try the local beer (Piton).

We would definitely return for another trip. Everyone on the island was very friendly and accommodating.

By ronfranks Updated Oct 1, 2003

ST. Lucia is one of the most expensive islands that we have ever visited. It is more expensive than Grand Cayman and not near as must fun. The people come in two types -- the few that will bend over backwards to help you and all the others that only hound you for money.

It is one of the most beautiful islands that we have visited but that is about all they have to offer.

Oasis is built on the side of a hill and must be reached via water taxi that is not free. Once on the resort you are more or less a captive and they charge double for the pleasure. There is a small restaurant across the bay that is must less expensive. They also charge extra for the airconditioning. Your choice -- the mosquitoes or the airconditioning. The Cable Car up to the units does not work all the time and forces a climb of about 175 steps (10 stories). This resort is not for the faint-of- heart or the impared. Since we visited in the OFF season most activities were closed most of the day and not available.

In traveling around the island, we found that many local restaurants had extensive menus but only offered locally grown CHICKEN or ham sandwiches. We were surprised that we could not get good and inexpensive fish at most restaurants. Most everyting is

The "Drive in Volcano" and many of the waterfalls are joke. Nearly everything else is a LONG drive away. Most of the roads are good but dangerous. We will never go back St Lucia, we will stick to other islands like Tobago, ST Vincent, Bequi, Caymans, etc.