Geo Group at Lac Morency

Timeshare reviews at Geo Group at Lac Morency

St. Hippolyte, Quebec, Canada

By douglas52 Sep 23, 2005

Sept 18, 2005

We were in a 2bd Lockout. It was a new unit; I believe we were the first to stay there. The 2bd room units are older and do not have air conditioning. The 2bd Lockout units have air conditioning and a washer and dryer combination between the A and B sides. We had both units (because we had expected another couple to accompany us but they couldn’t go) and enjoyed our stay very much.

We took both the Montreal and the Quebec City tours. They were both very well done. We liked Quebec City over Montreal because of the buildings and scenery, and because we were allowed to spend more time in the old historic section of Quebec.

I also went on the fishing tour but was not very happy with it because I was told they would clean the fish I caught so we could have them for supper. They threw my fish away and told me they were contaminated with parasites. I think they just didn’t want to clean them because they were small. I would not recommend this tour. These were the most expensive fish I ever caught! They could have replaced my fish with fresh fish from the market, and I would never have known, but they didn’t want to share my $148 with the grocer, I guess! The company that sponsored this tour was called Austin Mega sports.

We hiked to the top of the mountain overlook (about a 15 minute walk up a rocky slope) and enjoyed the view.

The staff at the resort was very helpful. The restaurant at the Auberge (means the inn, or resort) had very good, truly French cuisine. It was expensive to us ($24-28 per person for a basic meal, not including drinks), but was worth it to experience something really different. You must remember that French Canada collects 15% tax on most services and goods, and sometimes adds 15% gratuities to the bill without your asking. All the menus everywhere in the province are in French, as are all the road and traffic signs. There is a law prohibiting English language on the signs unless it is a registered trademark name. This is to protect the future growth of French heritage there. But most people speak at least a little English, and many, especially business people, are totally bilingual.

We do not have plans to return to this resort although there is still a lot of actives we did not have time for.

By eal Updated Mar 9, 2003

My husband and I went to this resort for a week of fall colours in Oct /01. We stayed in a studio with a loft bedroom and a wood stove that was small but cozy, and well equipped.

The countryside nearby is beautiful; the leaves were at their best. Driving in rural Quebec was just one gorgeous sight after the other. There is a gourmet restaurant on site with a very talented chef. There are also activities such as ATV riding and hikes with a trapper. The resort is on a lake with free canoe rentals for timeshare guests. There is a sandy beach, two tennis courts, and an indoor pool with saunas. The resort has one, two and three bedroom units. They just built a new complex up the hill a little ways that is very modern and spacious. We are going back in the fall of /03.