Embarc Whistler

Whistler, British Columbia, Canada

Timeshare reviews at Embarc Whistler

Whistler, British Columbia, Canada

By kimh392 Oct 28, 2013

It's been a few years since we took the whole family to Whistler and stayed at Club Intrawest but when we showed the family, they thought it was the most beautiful place and setting they'd ever seen. Great amenities make it cozy like the movie theater, hot tubs, eucalyptus sauna, book rooms, games rooms for the kids and kids at heart and more. Too many good things to list about it. They used to give a discount card for shops and restaurants around town to guests. I hope they still do. I get happy when I receive a discount or deal :). The villas are amazing with room to dine on the balcony or just sit and take it the view. We went another time for our anniversary and it was soo romantic with the soaker Jacuzzi tub. Can't wait to go back. The boys did some skiing and we sledded down the hill with the kids last time. It was a blast. Oh, almost forgot to mention the year round gondola you can take. We hadn't done that yet. Have fun!

By tim884 Updated Apr 27, 2009

Stayed at WHistler Club Intrawest many times. Units are beautiful and recently renovated at Whistler. Largest unites in Whistler! Similar one bedrooms at the Westin or other properties are smaller. The out door pool/whirlpool is great along with the rest of the facilities. Separate slide and pool for families with kids also outdoor barbeque for families trying to save and cook on site. Prices in the WHistler restaurants are the high eg $12 burgers and sandwiches in most restaurants. Quality is aweful in most of the moderate and less expensive restaurants.WHen it comes to eating out WHistler on the low end is a serious rip off. THey price things like they dont even want you to return. If looking at the high end Barefoot Bistro is a must do! Have a six or seven course tasting menu with wine pairings. I spent $600 with my wife one time and had a blast at the Barefoot. No I am not the owner or a relative. Just thought it was fantastic! Many other high end restaurants in Whitler are priced about right for what you get. No complaining here. I just hate being ripped off in restaurants throughout Whistler since I have been going there for years now. Charge alot and give you very little and just plain poor quality. Hardly a good place to choose from where the food is good without being overcharged. For this reason alone I have started going to WHistler less frequently. This is why Club Intrawest is the way to go since it is very high end comparible to a Marriott or even quality of a new Weston. Cook for yourself and save on huge restaurant bills. Back to the units....very comfortable beds! Great bedding and top quality all around when it comes to products used in building on this property. Even had Denby plates last time I was there. Can't say enough about this or any club intrawest property! I don't work for Club intrawest by the way I just think it is important to let people know when a resort is really good since I tend to complain so much when it isn't. haha. If you are skiing at whistler tremblent etc. I am always happy to offer help to other skiers and travelers. I almost forgot to mention that you dont have to be a skier to enjoy this property or other club intrawest properties in Canada. Happy vacationing. Tim

By mikef72 Updated Jul 12, 2006

Great resort in an exceptional location. Lots of family friendly activities (game room, family pool, etc.) Also a seperate adults pool.

Whistler is great for skiing if you haven't been. Summer is also a great time to visit Whistler. No restaurants in the resort but plenty nearby.

By tammyb74 Mar 14, 2006

I love this place so much I bought several years ago. It is an ideal location in the upper village. Blackcomb lift is a mere 5 minute stroll, lockers for your equipment on site. The adult area is ideal for those not traveling with young children. Having just returned from a stay in Feb 2006 I would say they could do a soft refurbishment on the units. It's still exceptionally nice though.

By kalm2 Jan 16, 2006

Great location in Whistler. great resort.

By beth60 Dec 20, 2005

Nicely appointed, beautiful area. We went in June and the weather was great, good rafting, fishing and great food. Bike rentals and bike trails everywhere. One of the best vacations I've had

By bill4728 Aug 2, 2004

Club Intrawest - Blackcomb is in the upper village within easy walking distant to the chair lifts / base lodge at Blackcomb and next-to the Chateau Whistler. It is a five minute walk to the main village.

The complex is a four story building with approx 90 rooms with lots of underground parking. All the rooms a large and beautifully decorated. There are two outdoor pools one adult pool and one family pool with large water slide. The is a game room with free video games for the kids. There is a movie theater in the complex where in the evening they show DVDs. A huge work out room for adults and a library with a nice fireplace. There is a little store in the building for snacks and milk ect. It is full in summer and winter and >3/4 full in spring. (remember full skiing till late April and restricted skiing till late June)

The Club is one of nine locations, all under a combined point membership. (no home resorts).

By thayes Jan 6, 2003

This is a beautiful resort with very well appointed rooms and all of the amenities. It is within walking distance of the Village and ski lifts. The best thing at Whistler!