Pueblo Bonito Rose Spa & Resort

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Reviews of Pueblo Bonito Rose Spa & Resort

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

4.3

Have you been to Pueblo Bonito Rose Spa & Resort lately?

By brandieb9 Oct 1, 2016

We booked. Week stay at this property arriving on 9/25/16. We were so upset at the overall condition of this property that we paid the penalty and moved out of the resort the first night. It is a 2-3 star hotel At best. We travel to Mexico two weeks every year and this was the worst property that we have visited. Flies were everywhere. There is much needed maintenance that needs to be done. The rooms are outdated and small. We moved over to the Villa Del Arco and that property was amazing. Don't waste your time here.

By shirleys120 Aug 21, 2016

We have owned at the Rose since 2001 and have had amazing vacations for the past 15 years. The service is outstanding and most of the staff have been there since the beginning. They take pride in their place of work as well as the food and the service that they provide. We have gone with AI (includes wifi) and have gone without AI... both are very good. Both the Rose and Blanco have great restaurants. The beach, marina and town have lots of lovely restaurants and bars to try out so you cannot go wrong whichever way you decide to go. The location is perfect. You can easily walk to town, the marina or to any of the restaurants and bars along Medano Beach. There is a City Club (USD2.25 per day membership) a couple of blocks away where you can stock up on food and you can easily walk to the marina in the morning and get fresh caught fish (Dorado, Marlin) and cook it in your room for dinner. The deli provides clean and delicious salads and a potato to bake to round out your own dinner. Lots of other choices are available too. The rooms are comfortable and you can get any kind of pillow you want - Also we get them to remove the feather mattress as it is too soft for us... but keep it if you like a soft and cuddly bed. There is a fully equipped gym and sauna available to you. We have had health issues twice in Cabo. Once I passed a kidney stone - not nice! The hotel arranged doctors, ambulances and the hospital and boy was I ever well taken care of. It is not a US or CDN type of hospital but the care was professional and effective! Bottom line - when we go to Rose, all of our needs are taken care of and we feel very safe and comfortable.

By florencer10 Updated Jun 16, 2016

This resort will not try to accommodate the timeshare owner's request for a reserved week. Their standard quote "we're full that week or even month". It appears that they are selling the timeshare owners weeks to hotel guests to make more money. It's all about greed!

By johnr1637 Feb 12, 2016

Ran out of several choices on menu , House wine and beer. Staff was fantastic!! Management staff would not step up when staff shortage or problem

By lucylovertoo Apr 9, 2013

The location of this resort is great. The cleanliness is amazing. They have recently added all inclusive which seems to have brought a Value oriented crowd.(not really a good thing) We found the morning buffet over crowded and under staffed, a serious lack of pool chairs only adds to the morning frustration. More family friendly pool activities would be welcome addition!

By daler95 Jan 3, 2013

Just completed our 2nd stay at Rosa and again had a wonderful time. we are looking foward to this years stay 2013 in November/December The pool side and resturant staff were exceptional Only one wish was I saw more Whales. They arrive later in the year Dec/Jan I am told

daler95

By jimashe Updated Dec 15, 2012

I've owned a couple of units/weeks here for about a decade now (My wife, my children and I have been going to Cabo annually for 20 years) and owned at other resorts before deciding on The Pueblo Bonito Rose. I Love the Rose! The location is close to EVERYTHING and a convenient short to moderate walk to restaurants and the main tourist area, which is a good thing or I'd come back home every year a few pounds heavier. In the 10 years we have owned at the Rose we have NEVER felt the need to rent a car because as mentioned above we can walk everywhere! The Pueblo Bonito Rose is on Medano Beach (the Sea of Cortez) which is one of a limited number of safe swimming beaches in the Los Cabos area-So when you read the reviews that say "Location, Location, Location" it's TRUE! A couple of years ago the Pueblo Bonito Resorts added an optional "All-Inclusive" program. I think it is AWESOME value and used it for my group of 5 last year and am doing it again this year. The food at the restaurants and buffets is excellent! Very rarely have I experienced any problems with the service and the rooms are always clean. The Gym is bigger and better than most I've seen at any hotel/resort anywhere and the Spa is INCREDIBLE. I understand that there is now a charge for the Spa (even for owners), however that is O.K. by me as it'll help keep out the negative guests who are usually the same ones who are too cheap to tip and definately too cheap to pay to use the spa (just thinking out loud here). I don't know what resort the occassional negative reviewer is staying at? You just can't please some people. Bottom Line...Don't hesitate for a second about staying here. You'll LOVE IT!

By wendywins Jun 15, 2012

This resort is lovely and we always enjoy staying here. Of course, coming to Cabo at the right time of year is critical! We come no earlier than mid October (to avoid oppressive heat) but have been here as late as February. Of course, being on Medano Beach means being close to everything as well as having some ocean breeze so this place is hard to beat for that. The penthouse units are wonderful for both privacy and view and are spacious and soundproof! The hall noise or noise of partying guests which some have complained of on lower floors is not a problem for penthouse guests.

By jackr127 Updated Feb 10, 2011

Just got back on Feb 7,2011 and I must say that this resort is very nice and the location is perfect right on Medano beach! It is very close to everything...matter of fact most of the people staying at sister property Sunset Beach were coming over to the Rose to use the beach because it was way too windy on the Pacific side and you can't swim in the Pacific so everyone wants to be on Medano Beach where they can swim. The spa was really nice as well and the staff is unbelieveable! Would come back anytime!

By paulb462 Updated Dec 8, 2010

Overhyped and overpriced resort. This is all about milking the guests out of money. yes they do it nicely but it is continuous. Only 12 of the rooms are oceanfront - the rest have no view. Resort crammed in as an afterthought from Blanco. If you like Pueblo Bonito - stay at Blanco - the room have views.

By jill170 Mar 27, 2010

Just returned from a week. Location is close to all of the action Cabo has to offer. The resort rooms are in need of an update. The soundproofing between the floors is nonexistent. The room was listed as sleeping 6 but was very cramped for my family of 5. No oven in the kitchen and only one small bathroom. Also no view of the ocean from the room. Service was good and friendly.

By kimb306 Mar 7, 2010

We have stayed here for 5 years in a row. This hotel is in the perfect location-close to town but not too close. The staff is very gracious and helpful. When at the pool, ask to sit in Gerardo's section-the absolute best pool waiter! Nobody tried to "milk us out of money" (see Paul's review). Pool is great for the whole family with shallow sections for the kids and deeper portions for pool games. Every afternoon a great game of volleyball is available. This place has a great kids program. Our daughter wants to go everyday and it is very reasonably priced. Have always enjoyed the spa and gym. Highly recommend this one!

By tdiannek Updated Feb 11, 2010

Rose wonder retreat.

By susanr252 Updated Jul 30, 2009

Been to Cabo 16 times. Just left there on July 27th, stayed fro 5 nights at the Rose. First time there. Loved the location on the beach, loved the service, resort was clean, food was excellent. Gerardo the beach waiter is outstanding, he has perfect english, excellent service from him .reminds you when happy hour is starting and stopping(2 drinks forthe price of one!!). Stroll down to the Office for lunch and breakfast, go to Gardenias for shrimp tacos, MiCasa and Ponchos on town for a great dinner. And my favorite is Golondrina , (the one that is walking distance )for the largest lobster in Cabo with the best atmosphere.

By ronaldb157 Updated Feb 27, 2009

TOP QUALITY. THE SUNSET EVEN EXCEEDS THE ROSE' BOTH ARE THE FINEST IN CABO SAN LUCAS

By vodyh Jan 19, 2009

The Rose' has been my escape since shortly after it was built. The ambiance cannot be beat having both the Cape and the pool, and the serenity of the resort or the proximity to acitvity of the downtown....it fits the bill for whatever the need. It's a great place to get renewed and restored.

By colleen40 Jun 15, 2008

I love Rose. I recommend it to our friends and they all love it! Rose is centrally located and right on the beach. The best time for me is in the evening when the outdoor lighting turns on and taking the stroll down the center of the property to the beach. It is so beautiful. It's a great place to be with your spouse or for a family vacation. The last time we were there we played tennis and had so much fun. Of course we used the pool and enjoyed the poolside menu for lunch. We also look forward to dinner when they host their Italian night - pasta bar! It's delicious. Nothing better than sitting next to the ocean in the evening with the moon light having an excellent meal with your husband and or your family. I also like to go to their market in the morning to pick up some fresh brewed coffee and pastries. The market is stocked with just about anything you'll ever need. The property is very well maintained. The only drawback to me is that I think it is time for the rooms to be updated. We have been coming to Rose since it opened. The rooms are exactly the same. We have toured other properties that are more modern and spacious than Rose. But not many have the location that Rose has.

By jeffs83 Mar 27, 2008

I've owned here since pre-construction and have loved coming with family and friends over the years. Every time someone comes down with me, they end up buying a unit. Unfortunately, no more left...buy one from a current owner or rent one, you won't be sorry...

By denisem1 Updated Dec 23, 2007

Just returned from a two week vacation in Cabo. Even though I stayed at the Sunset Beach, I did spend alot of time at the Rose. I utilized the use of their spa, restaurants and purchased a few items from their gift shop. I love both of these resorts. They have very helpful staff and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Will be going back on an annual basis. Thank you PB, keep up the GREAT WORK.

By kendrab13 Feb 19, 2007

My husband and I loved the Rose. The only reason that I didn't give it 4 stars is because I took a tour of their sister hotel- Sunset Beach and fell in love with that resort. We had a great experience renting from a timeshare owner from this site. It was easy and fast. We had no problems checking in or checking out on our stay. The resort is clean and tastefully decorated. The resort staff are at your beck and call and they take such pride in what they do. We love the culture of Cabo and the people. This is the perfect family vacation spot. The Spa was unbelievable and the food at all the Pueblo Bonito resorts (which you have access to ) is amazing. The beaches are perfect and swimmable. We will come back.

By sl46 May 4, 2006

This is a first rate resort. Housekeeping is excellent, and brunch on Sunday is to die for if the food doesnt get you the bill will, lol. Don't get me wrong the food is excellent we just always eat too much with way too many mimosa's.

We go to Cabo for the fishing and the spa at this resort is greatly appreciated after a long day of fishing. The massages are great.

Your within walking distance to town if your up to it. But they have plenty to keep you busy if you just want to hang out.

By frog Updated Feb 2, 2006

WE ARE OWNERS HERE AND OF COURSE LOVE THE PLACE. WE ARE GOING BACK IN FEB 04. CAN WALK TO TOWN FROM THE RESORT.

By jeffreyl14 Jan 25, 2006

Great time had by our family of five. Something for all ages. Easy and fun!

By rebeccaa16 Jul 18, 2005

My daughter and I just got back from meeting a friend from high school and his wife there (they are owners at PB Sunset Beach & exchanged for week at PB Rose and I am owner at Rose, and I love it!!). All the comforts of home practically, but I MISSED being able to access my computer easily...you have to go to the Internet cafe instead (unless you want to pay $1.00 a minute to access w/your own computer!). The Deli onsite is OUTSTANDING...the sandwiches and especially the pastries, are out of this world..try the Tre Leche (Three Milk) Cake!! We ate at the buffet downstairs at the restaurant, and then we had dinner upstairs and it was fabulous..both the food AND the service was impeccable!! I have two weeks here & one at PB Blanco next door, (and one at Hac.del Mar that I would like to sell) and I have to say, now with the Costco, and the Ruth Chris Steak House & PB Rose Spa and all the features of this resort, service-wise, and everything else, this is the place to have fun in the sun, relax, and enjoy yourself like no other place anywhere!! The PB Resorts at Cabo really do "ROCK"!! See you next year!

By cynthiaroberson Jul 11, 2005

Fantastic resort.

Very good service. Housekeeping excellent. Restaurant at resort is pricey.

By jpegan Updated Mar 28, 2005

Spent nearly two weeks in September. Weather was 88 to 94 degrees. Decided not to rent a car because it's only a short walk to anyplace in the heart of Cabo. The shortest distance to town center is along the beach.

When we didn't want to eat out we bought supplies at the new Costco store near the resort. The two excellent retaurants in the resort and those at the Pueblo Bonito Blanco next door offer plenty of eating choices.

Third trip to Cabo, first stay at PBRose', most relaxing vacation yet. For someone who finds it hard to vacation for a whole week, it was great. Wish I had spent the last three days of our two weeks but flight was already scheduled. Missed all Saints day and all Souls day Oc t 31st and Nov 1st. Joe E.

By javacat Updated Oct 27, 2004

The bad faux marble walls and Flemish tapestries in the lobby, and marble busts of dead white male Europeans in the garden are not what you'd expect in Mexico (hey! we *like* Mexican pavers tile!), but the comfort and luxury of the rooms makes it easy to overlook the anomaly. The walls are thick, the beds are luxurious, the kitchens are nice, you can zone out on a West Coast San Francisco feed on cable TV, and wander back and forth from the pool to your room or down the beach, and back. The pool doesn't even try to accomodate lap swimmers, to my dismay - it's only possible to do first thing in the AM when you have it to yourself, but it is great for sitting half submerged and sipping a marguerita. If you're an average spry person, it's an easy walk into town, either along the beach or down the road. The spa is fun - if you're a member or guest of a member, everything except services like a massage or facial, are included. The timeshare sellers are persistent and clever/good. You can pick up good free swag (usually in $50 increment credit at their very good on-site restaurants) if you want to spend a half day resisting a sale. Or succumb - it's up to you. (Better deals here, though).

Oct. 2004: I'm back from my 3rd trip there and spent more time in the room and around the hotel than usual. You know what, you can hear people clomping around upstairs if they are clompers and draggers-of-furniture. I think someone upstairs was tap dancing once or twice. Some of the trees at Cascades next door are full of roosting songbirds at dusk and sunrise, which I *loved* hearing. The TV feed is via La Paz and this time, was from Nashville. The staff is very nice, very good. Some of the other guests need lessons in good manners, though. Tip: the local buses are new, it's a good experience riding them, esp. the luxury A/C bus to Todo Santos from the bus terminal in town. I'm never renting a car down there again.

By lanceanddonna Sep 23, 2004

This is a great resort in the Pueblo Bonito tradition!

The grounds are beautiful and the service is wonderful as it is at each Pueblo Bonito resort.

The units either face the pool or gardens and some the sea if you're lucky. They are nicely decorated and always clean!

The shuttle to Sunset Beach is worth the ride to see and experience.

The resort is just down the beach from fun places to eat and drink. The town Cabo San Lucas is maybe a 15 minute walk or a very short cab ride.

The mall is also close by with some great shopping and a Ruth Chris Steak House!

The spa is gorgeous and the services 1st class! A massage is a must!

This resort is one of the best I've ever visited and I look forward to visiting again soon!

By broncogirl07 Updated Jan 15, 2004

We just returned from a week at the Rose. What a beautiful resort. We enjoyed our stay and the service, cleanliness, and staff are all outstanding. We enjoyed the pool activities, the service on the beach and the resturants.

We noticed that the staff people are always busy cleaning, trimming, polishing, or running to meet someone's request. When we were on the beach, they accomodate your request for chairs, umbrellas, or bar service. The resort people are the best!

This resort is a perfect location with access to the swimmable beach, a short walk to town and such friendly people.

We hope to return to Cabo and especially to the Pueblo Bonito Rose!

By suestrup Apr 25, 2003

We just returned and can't say enough about our stay at the Rose. Beautiful facility, helpful staff, gorgeous grounds and wonderful swimming pool with activities for the kids. Easy walk to town which has fabulous gourmet restaurants and access to the marina for deep sea fishing. We had the good fortune of catching an 8 foot marlin, seeing humped back whales migrating and playful sea lions. We'll definitely return!!

By lyndah Mar 6, 2003

This resort if absolutely wonderful! My mother had been wanting to come to Cabo and I was reluctant to rent a unit just anywhere. This resort came highly recommended and I too will continue to recommend it.

Beautiful grounds, awesome pool area, great happy hour...we LOVED it and will definitely return.

By mrpetty Jan 5, 2003

One of the nicest resorts we have visited!

Bring books and some walking shoes... :-)

By kareng Dec 28, 2002

This is the best resort in Cabo because of the luxurious amenities and the fairly easy walk to town. It is meticulously maintained and the staff is friendly and helpful. Being on the safest, swimmable beach is a big plus because you can lounge by the huge pool or just walk right out into the ocean. You can enjoy the restaurants on-site or walk to many, many more in town--this saves a lot of money on cab fare or car rentals. There is an internet cafe on-site in addition to a fantastic spa, workout facility, tennis court, deli, and two restaurants. There is a free shuttle to the new Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach on the Pacific side if you want to avail yourself of the amenities there.

By kewlspyder Dec 27, 2002

Absolutely fabulous from the rooms to the beach,,,,great location, awesome food, great staff and service,,, Looking forward to returning soon.

By shepro Nov 2, 2002

I love this resort. It has a great spa and the rooms and grounds are first rate. They have unusual birds, very large, large and small all over the grounds. At times some of them roam the grounds. The restuarant on the grounds is wonderful and you can eat dinner on the patio over looking the ocean. The service is great.