Timeshare reviews at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

By stephenm229 Aug 8, 2016

We also own a Westin in Maui, and I will stack this resort against that any day of the week. The staff is friendly, grounds impeccable and overall the vacation is 25%-50% the cost of going to Hawaii. We go every year to Cabo, and love it more than the year prior!

By paul1983 Updated Apr 29, 2016

Beautiful oceanfront resort. Very friendly, courteous. "All-inclusive" package adds an element of extra luxury.

By patrician149 Updated Apr 17, 2016
    By trudy74 Updated Feb 18, 2016
    By davidv84 Nov 7, 2015

We love PBSB. The weather is beautiful there. It's on the Pacific side so you get to see gorgeous sunrises and sunsets over the ocean (we were there in December). It's true, you can't swim at the beach, but the advantage to that is that it is quiet and peaceful and when you want to swim you just take a quick free shuttle ride to Pueblo Bonito Rose. We are vegetarian so the food choices were limited, but we VERY much enjoyed eating at La Frida's--they KNOW how to do fine dining. They made dishes to order for us and didn't make faces when we didn't order from the drinks. And when I got cold, they gave me a blanket to put over my shoulders! We enjoyed the restaurant at Rose where they were having a Christmas party (I think they do an event there every week?).

As other people mentioned in their reviews, the carts are noisy, but for me that was the trade off for having the privacy and those amazing views from EVERY room because of the way the resort is situated on the hillside. If you think the noise would be a problem for you, request a room in one of the buildings that are situated up on the hill.

I recommend not going to the timeshare presentations if you don't like pushy timeshare salesman--some of them live up to the timeshare salesman reputation, although not all of them. We've had varied experiences.

By johnh1013 Jul 12, 2015

We planned a four week timeshare rental in Cabo San Lucas. Our bucket list has always had a desire to drive from our home to Cabo. Success, the mission was completed the end of February 2015. Our stay at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach was very enjoyable. We rented an Executive 1 Bedroom with 2 Baths. Our request with the resort was for building 20 on a high floor, wish granted. The views from the balcony of the blue Pacific were amazing. Whales coming and going with the collection of tour boats and local craft in close proximity. We cooked in most of our meals, nice to have our own car for running back and forth for groceries. Speaking of grocery shopping, during our three weeks in Cabo we met a great timeshare promotion salesman while shopping. At the end of our visit we attended three presentations and garnered a total of $1,250.00. He was receiving payment of $600 per client, paying us $500.00 each for two tours, we wouldn’t settle for anything less. We had nothing but time to play their game. We are seniors and when we stated “No we are not interested” that was about the end of the sales pitch. We won't be around when the developer finish’s the new builds, in Mexico. Back to Pubelo Bonito Sunset Beach, upon arriving home I realized my small black case with jewelry was missing. I contacted two of our resort stays and PB Sunset located the box in lost and found. Concierge Iris Sanchez made arrangements to have the items returned to me. She took a picture of the jewelry and emailed it to me so that I could identify that all items were present. The cost for mailing was $69 and arrived within 4 days. She was excellent to work with. Thank you, Iris. I would like to also share with you that we did attend a presentation and purchased the Preferred Passport offering for $2000 and in hind sight wish we still had the money in the bank. Check out the web for many complaints in this regard.

By johne449 Updated Nov 6, 2014

Sunny, beautiful, relaxing, fun. The pools are fantastic and we love the tennis courts. The spa and fitness center are impressive. The restaurants are good and most of the staff is friendly and helpful. Carts will take you anywhere on the resort but not a place for the handicapped because it is built on the side of a mountain. The condo salespeople will try their best to sell you a timeshare.

By christif4 Updated Oct 15, 2014

beautiful views, excellent room service- weather is perfect and no bugs October through May!!

By lenb14 Mar 7, 2014

Just stayed here for about 8th time! Love pb sunset! Had 22 family members here from 6 states. All loved every minute. Weather was perfect, service impeccable, staff sooo friendly and helpful, rooms and grounds immaculate! Food was terrific! All family members want to come back ASAP! Beautiful top quality resort!

By jans46 Updated Jan 11, 2014

After a half dozen stays here the most recent being Jan 2014, I can say that some things should be improved. The grounds were beautiful and most staff people were pleasant. The improvement is needed with the internet service which was totally unavailable for part of our stay, and when it was working was only in limited areas. When people have to remain connected with their jobs, use the internet for restaurant research, or to remain connected with family, this is not an acceptable level of service in 2014. The bed linens are unacceptably pilled as noted by another commenter. No hotel should tolerate such a condition. Even a Best Western has better quality. The front desk manager Juan seemed disinterested in my suggestions for improvement and offered me nothing.

By expresso10 Updated Dec 14, 2013

We were impressed with this resort from the moment we arrived. You just cannot beat ocean view. We bought our unit while on vacation and were always dealt with fairly and honestly. This is a spectacular resort. A very memorable vacation that we truly enjoyed.

All the rooms here have ocean view. They are carved out of the hillside and to get from the rooms to the lobby you need to call the front desk for a lift on the golf carts that will whisk you all over the resort. They were actually fun. They came in a few minutes and made the entire experience like a grown up Disneyland.

The room decor was especially pleasing. Warm earthtone colors with marble floors and cherry wood doors and cabiniets. Crown molding through out. Lovely balcony facing the ocean.

Fabulous new lobby with three restaurants on site. Patio dining under the evening stars was excellent. The pool area was also very well done. There are several pools, with the resort activities centered around the mail pool. We did the water aerobics, the ping pong and watched the volleyball. The pool complex is served by a swim up palapa bar and the snacks were delicious. We were totally enchanted all week long. We took the tour and bought here. When you found perfection, it's easy to imagine coming here every year. A totally awesome resort! More than a 10!

By sealingman Jul 11, 2013

Never ever take the timeshare presentation. Dirk Meyer the Liar will dupe you into buying telling you lie after lie. His lies, and my lost thousands, have totally ruined any desire to go back to Montecristo/PBSB. Scum of the earth.

By arturia Updated Jun 26, 2013

What a difference a few years make. Unfortunately there was a fire in the kitchen and the whole lobby was closed two days. We could not check into our room until 8pm and that was through the Monticristo and still didn't have keys until the next day. We were working with it but it was our vacation and they did upgrade us to the penthouse for two days and still they could not give us the room they promised.

The first three days our towels were all wrong. None for two days and missing others on the others and they fixed it right away when we called. When they moved our items from the penthouse to our 2BD they brought everything but left all of the refrigerated items on the counter in the kitchen. Our beer was warm so it sat out for hours and most other things went in the trash. They did make good on the stuff.

Neither room was cleaned well at all. It used to be immaculate at this resort. We came back and I washed everything in the suitcase because there was a musty smell and dampness to the clothes. We did not have any of the amenities replaced in the bathroom all week. There was never any cream rinse conditioner for your hair so bring your own. The food and drinks were more pricey and changed quite a bit from the past. No free drink tickets were issued at all.

We have already traded this resort in for something we found that is better. We only go every odd year. This has been a disappointment but we look forward to a new destination. June 2013

2007 We just returned from a family gathering that involved 4 rooms and 16 people. We love our resort.

We enjoyed seeing the sky pool but were glad we were not in a room up that high as most of us are heighth challenged. The sunset pictures and happy hour are a must at least once. Also do a sunset cruise if you can but not the Jungle cruise. We had free tickets to go and got on and there were no seats for a 3 hour cruise and a bad fruit rum punch. We got off!!!

Cabo is great. A rental car is not a necessity but good for side trips and you can get one for a couple days. Some of our group went to Todo Santos and the roads were better but the Hotel California is rebuilt. The snorkeling this time was in very uncomfortable cold waters. That was a first as it was also a first to have a lot of humidity.

Fun was had by all.

We were disappointed with the Costco since it is a lot less Americanized foodwise. The grocery downtown is great. We took a lot of condiments etc in luggage and were stopped at every checkpoint and had all luggage searched at least 3 times. We won't do that again.

As for getting out of the airport without getting hooked into a timeshare presentation they even try to snag you at the car rental stall and then at the car rental depot.

We went to the World famous Estuary in San Jose del Cabo and it was less than world famous. Don't go mid day in July and hope they have cleaned up the trash. I'm sure it is great some of the year.

Have Fun.

By jeffh200 Updated May 3, 2013

I have owned at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset for over 5 years. I bought my first executive week directly from the resort, and my second week at for 85% less, and I have seen them for cheaper on Ebay.

After picking up and reading Ernesto's autobiography, I now understand why I can't find a comparable Gold Crown resort using RCI. Pueblo Bonito's resorts are built to a quality not available in previously built time share resorts. That is why you must be satisfied with staying at Pueblo resorts, because you will be disappointed whenever you try to trade your week at RCI.

However....., the economy is effecting everyone and Pueblo Bonito is no exception. There were many issues with the services, and our suite that were inferior to previous visits, I have detailed them below and would add photo's but can't here. Upon calling for service, every issue was rectified, but unfortunately we could not stay in every room. To make matters worse, while checking out we discovered that they no longer gave out comment cards.

Our room: * Upon turning in on the first night, we discovered that the sheets were pilled to such an extent to feel like sand paper, on both beds! We slept on the blanket the first night. The next day they changed the sheets, but why were they that way in the first place. * I have seen them clean these units before and they seem to be very detailed, however there were many spots on the floor that upon using a wet cloth, I was able to clean off. * The seat cover on one of the chairs had it's zipper torn and the foam filling was hanging out. We called and they replaced it. * The paint on our balcony is pealing and looks very sub par. * The light in the kitchen would not go on, upon looking at it, it was not attached properly. I called housekeeping and they repaired it. * The towel rack on the patio had pulled away from the wall. Housekeeping also came and repaired it. * The head rests were missing in the jacuzzi. I noticed that the patio to the right had them, and the one to the left did not. I called housekeeping and they brought new ones, but they were old and dirty, so I assume that they just took them from another unit.

The good news is that they fixed everything that I called them about, BUT, why were so many things wrong in the first place. Also, we used to have turn down service with candies, that is all gone.

The Bistro and Lanao: I am assuming that the all inclusive plans have effected the quality of the food in the restaurants. At the Bistro I ordered the french onion soup, as I have in previous years, and instead of the cheese being baked in the oven, there was just a square piece of cheese floating in the middle. My wife ordered the quarter chicken with mole which she ordered in the past. This time it was two small SLICES of chicken with a grotesquely thick sauce. To say the least, we will not be returning to the Bistro. We always look forward to the seafood night at the Lanao. Unfortunately it was merely adequately, the great fish portions were a thing of the past. We had a reservation at the La Frida, but canceled it. We are now forced to go into town to find a great meal.

Staff: The front desk was as friendly as ever, but our waiter at the Lanao was very sour and needed to learn to smile. The cart operators have been very friendly in the past, but not as much this trip. Even though the economy is in tough shape, it is all the more reason to keep up friendly service.

TV, Internet and Cell: * There are no movie on demand services available, or local U.S. station, or even a DVD player in the room. * Everyone hangs out at the Sunrise Cafe like refugees trying to get internet. It should be included in the cost, or at least in the all inclusive. The internet at the Pacifica, the sister resort was free and exceptional. The connection at the Sunrise was slow and frustrating. * If you have a U.S. carrier for cell, like Sprint, you get next to no service at all, so plan ahead.

I still find the Pueblo resorts to be above average and will continue our yearly pilgrimage, however I hope that the services can be brought back to previous levels as soon as possible.

P.S. The airport has been completely renovated and is now a pleasure to fly into.

By jackw145 Jun 19, 2011

We visited the resort mid May of 2011. The resort is beautiful and the staff is excellent. The food is very good and not too expensive. The rooms are big and comfortable and excellent daily maid service. The pool on top of the mountain has a great view. It was really hard to decide whether to stay high up on the mountain or low down by the ocean. We rented a car so we could go into town more often even though they do provide a shuttle to their sister resort closer to town. It will be even nicer when or if they build their golf course. My only recommendation is NOT to attend the timeshare presentation. The sales people lie and misrepresent their timeshare purchase. Other than that, it is a great resort and worthy of your visit.

By bettyt65 Nov 5, 2010

We have been owners since SB first opened and have

truly enjoyed every moment there. All employees are

way above average and the service staff is impeccable

and quite knowledgeable in their field. Excellent

family resort with kiddies pools in the 5 pools. All

rooms have ocean view and maintenance is excellent.

Highly recommend this place for luxury vacation. We

give it a five star rating.

Only a short drive from downtown Cabo San Lucas

By sharons112 Feb 19, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at PBSB immensely. Stayed in a 2 bedroom presidential suite with a family of 6 adults and never felt crowded. Never had to wait long for a golf cart to take us around. Especially enjoyed the Sky pool with its gorgeous views.

By mirelag Updated Jan 30, 2010

Have been going each Spring break for the last 3 years. Really outstanding - beautiful place, gorgeous oceanfront, fabulous pools, pool bars and fine dining. It is a tranquil setting exuberating quality and substance; rooms are with generous sizes, oceanview and daily housekeeping. Try to get the vilas close to the lower pool; they have internet access as well. Very convenient shuttle transportation to Rose and Blanco on Medano Beach.

By kathil10 Updated Jul 24, 2009

By dannyk10 Jun 8, 2009

By stephenm147 Mar 16, 2009

We have taken our family (2 grandparents, 3 children and 2 adults), and have found this resort to be spectacular. We have made it a tradition to go there every year. There is something for everyone, the resort is beautiful and clean, and the service is incredible. You will not be dissappointed.

By ronaldb157 Feb 27, 2009

By jeffh270 Jan 8, 2009

First time to the resort and went with another couple. Wife had been there there week before with 5 other women. They were able to enlarge to a Presidential Suite with 2 bedrooms. We were able to keep it the second week.

The place was well maintained and clean. Ocean non-access was not an issue as pools were large, friendly, and clean. Sunset at Sky Pool is a MUST.

Carts were not noisy or smelly in our opinion. We actually enjoyed them, part of the experience. Cart service was great, call from the room and by the time you got down 3 floors, they were there or within 5 minutes. Drivers were grat, friendly, and helpful. (Of course, looking for a tip, but I am a big tipper).

We had food service delivered to our room a couple of nights. That was probably the only questionable part of the stay. Food at pools seemed better, but may have been a delivery time issue.

We bought in and are selling our 2 others time shares. That is how much we thought of it.

By rayc96 Updated Dec 23, 2008

My wife and I purchased our penthouse suite pre-construction in 2001 and have never regretted our decision. The property gets more beautiful each year as the landscaping continues to mature. The koi ponds and cages of tropical birds are always enjoyable to see. The aromatherapy treatment you get when you first walk into the large lobby is indelibly stuck in our minds whenever we think of this property. The service is always top notch, the food "on property" is delicious and has pricing levels which offer options for all budgets. The spa(s) are worth the trip alone as you can visit the one at Sunset Beach, Pacifica, Rose or Blanco Pueblo Bonito properties in Cabo. It is not especially handicapped friendly, but if you are not wheelchair bound it is a world class vacation experience. We always enjoy renting an AVIS rental car "on property" to shop and explore the towns of Todos Santos and nearby San Jose del Cabo. One time we got adventurous and drove all the way to La Paz and tracked down a waterfall literally "in the middle of nowhere" along the way. The dining and nightlife available in Cabo San Lucas is always fun if your energy level is up to that. The sunset strolls along the beach and the early morning whale watching are also great experiences. My wife and I are not into fishing, but for those who are we frequently hear that the chartered fishing trips are fantastic...especially during sailfish season(Oct/Nov). Similarly, we're not golfers, but there are multiple golf courses in the area and soon there will be two Jack Nicholas courses "on property". There are many resort properties in the area, but we really prefer the Sunset Beach side of Cabo which provides the option of getting away to a quieter venue than downtown Cabo offers typically. Oh...and one last note, for those who are looking to save a few coins or are bringing a group, it is a simple taxi ride or drive of a rental car to get to Costco, Walmart, Sam's Club or one of the Mexican Mega-marts. We typically pick up a case of beer, some wine and food for two or three dinners on our way to the resort as the beer saves some $$$ and we love to cook a meal or two in our unit. All in all...I can't imagine anyone truly being disappointed or dis-satisfied at Sunset Beach. We say, "give it a try!!!"

By denisem1 Updated Nov 20, 2008

Just returned from Cabo. I usually spend two weeks when I come down from Sacramento. One week is spent at the SB and the other week at the Rose. Both resorts are awesome. I like the upside of the SB with the 4 pools, never a problem finding a place to relax, quiet, all rooms have a view of the Pacific and the staff will go out of their way to make a stay enjoyable. The Rose is great as well. Close to everything, how can you decide between the two? You don't, that's why I stay one week at each resort.

By jamied56 Updated Oct 25, 2008

Great views. Great gym. Great rooms. Friendly service.

Friendly service really driven by everyone wanting to sell you a timeshare. Food very expensive. Noise and exhaust from golf carts used to move people up and down cliff resort area - can't even believe other posters haven't complained about this aspect of this's hard to miss...can avoid this by staying in rooms up top. Internet access often disconnected and slow. Can't use VPN to get work done if needed. Don't come if you need reliable internet access. I ran into a timeshare holder in the Mazatlan hotel and he agreed that the internet access at this resort was horrible and his Mazatlan hotel had excellent internet access. He said he wouldn't buy at this resort specifically because the internet access was so bad - I strongly agree since we both couldn't afford to be away from work for so long and desperately needed good dependable access.

All in all a good experience. If priced right - worth returning unless you need reliable fast internet access for VPN.

By mjaycee May 31, 2008

I spent 2 weeks at PBSB in early May and found it to be an excellent place to relax. The units are deluxe with large baths, comfortable beds, and well maintained grounds. The staff were friendly, especially the golf cart drivers.

While the place is large, it really isn't as large as it initially seems and walking (at least down) is doable. My unit was in the middle of the complex near the main building and I often walked down to the main pool by the beach and then up again. I found it a little more difficult to walk up to the sky pool so I took the golf carts up and walked down (I'm 54).

The food is good, with the pool restaurants and the Bistro the most reasonable. La Freida was excellent, if pricey. Margaritas were $7.50 each and they had pool happy hour each afternoon with 2 for 1.

The hourly shuttle into town was a large, comfortable bus. My friends and I spent several days on Medano beach at both the Rose and Blanco resorts and found them to be very nice but with a different feeling. Sunset is a much quieter resort with an upscale vibe and it was nice to return to at the end of the day. If we spent the day on the beach the Rose spa let us shower and change for an evening out on the town without having to go back to Sunset to do so.

My only complaint, and the reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating was the smell when the sprinklers came on. I'm not sure if they use treated waste water but there was an overwhelming sewer smell that wafted in through my open windows whenever they watered (usually in the evening about 10:00). Fortunately it left as quickly as it came once the watering was finished. However, if you happened to be out on the grounds after watering you could still smell it. I wouldn't have wanted to be in a ground floor unit because I imagine the smell would linger...Thinking back, I don't think I smelled it the first week so maybe it doesn't happen all the time.

Overall, PBSB is a great place to vacation. It is family friendly if that is what you are looking for and also has adults only spaces for those traveling without kids. Most people won't be disappointed.

By maryellenw6 May 26, 2008

need to be a bille goat to get around horrible bus ride to get to town and back

By michaelh145 Mar 22, 2008

This resort is the way all resorts should be. The location on the western shore of Los Cabos overlooking the Pacific from every unit: superb. Accommodations are all spacious and open with tasteful solid decorative furniture. All of the restaurants on the premises provide a fine selection of delicious foods. Grounds maintenance is superior and meticulous. But the crowning characteristic of this resort is the attitude of its staff. Each employee at every level of responsibility is courteous, respectful, attentive, and friendly toward the guests and toward and among each other. The combination makes it likely that many who come will opt to stay at the resort for the entire extent of their visit.

By stephaniec97 Nov 4, 2007

I just returned from this resort on last Friday. It was paradise once you get used to the idea that you are going to have to rely on golf carts to get around the place because it is so huge.

I would go back. Everything was first class!

By lisa1232 Jul 3, 2007

I have been going to PBSB for 5 years and this was the worst. Tons of mosquitos in our rooms, HUGE cockroaches IN THE rooms at night and sewage smell! I'm not going back for a few years...that's for sure!

By patricb2 Mar 11, 2007

This resort is breath taking! Everyroom has an ocean front room & the pools are massive - no fighting over pool loungers or beach space.

By karen3748 Feb 15, 2007

My husband and I have stayed at 10 different resorts in Cabo, Sunset Beach is by far the best all around. Many of the resorts in the area have luxury and beautiful spas, but at Sunset you have a location close to town, yet private, impeccable service, beautifully appointed rooms, and the service is sublime. I would highly reccomend renting a unit any time of year, you will not be disappointed.

By karin143 Feb 4, 2007

This was our 3rd trip to Sunset. 5 girls who leave the husbands at home for some R & R! There is no other place we would rather stay--- no vendors, less noise, the most breathtaking views of the Pacific from your suite. We utilized the spa this year for Swedish massages and it was fantastic. You can't help but get exercise at this resort unless you take the little carts up and down the hills from the lobby to the ocean. If you like to exercise, there is a breathtaking walk to and from the main entrance to the lobby that is at least a mile and a half each way. We will never stay anywhere else in Cabo!

By christa76 Updated Jan 25, 2007

We visited Sunset Beach last fall at the invitation of some good friends. I won't go into all the amenities cause they've been described before, but the relaxing week of eating, sitting by the pool and watching both the sunrise and sunset from our balcony convinced us that we wanted to come back again and again; so much so that we've just bought a timeshare and plan on our yearly sojourns with relish!!!

By denbon Updated Jan 23, 2007

WOW!!!! I am the kind of guy that could sit and look over the ocean all day. What a perfect location to watch the sunset, hence, the name sunset beach. Although we visited Sunset Beach Resort through a timeshare presentation, we actually stayed at the sister resort, Rose, which by the way is a fabulous resort in it self.

I am going to buy a week soon, at either the Rose, Blanco or Sunset Beach, the problem I'm having is, do I want the be able to walk down the beach and have breakfast at one of the beach side resturants near Blanco or Rose, or, watch the sunset every night at the Sunset. It's a tough decision, believe me.

The Sunset Beach resort is in the process of building 2, 18 hole golf courses and have plans for a movie theater and a full blown grocery store.

At the Rose, we enjoyed being able to walk to town and the marina, you can get to both areas easily by walking the streets or the beach. As far as safety goes? not to worry! It is safe to walk anywhere at anytime. I guarauntee you, while statying at one of hte P.B. resorts you will make some new friends for life, we did.

By terrillm Jan 7, 2007

We recently returned from a 10 day trip to Cabo and stayed at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort. Absolutely FABULOUS... beginning with the views from anywhere within the resort or from your own private balcony, the food, service and the atmosphere. Perfect weather every day!

Sunset Beach offers a totally relaxing atmosphere and a funfilled spot for both families or couples to venture from. Our family travel group includes ages from 5 to 78 and we find that everyone enjoys their personal choice of activities from relaxing and being pampered poolside, excursions into town or water or sightseeing activities.

At PB Sunset Beach you enjoy quiet morning sunrises as you watch the local fishing boats head out to the Pacific ocean. View the whales and cruise boats during the day and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the pacific ocean as the fishing boats and cruises return from their daily excursions.

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach offers multiple pools and hot tubs with various amenities and transportation on mini golf carts through out the resort. On the beach, a large beachfront pool provides a Pacific Ocean view with fun filled activities poolside or on the beach. Full full service bar and restaurants, deli and private cabanas. The large poolside restaurant offers a weekly Sunday Brunch fit for royalty, (be sure to make advance reservations). Reserve a table at Prime Rib night, offering a full course meal complete with the fabulous after dinner Mexican Coffee presentation.

There are smaller intimate pools through out the resort that offer meals, drinks and happy hours. Close to the main building, where the new fitness center/spa and shops are located, PB Sunset Beach Kids Club offers various kiddie activities and supervision at their own private kiddie pool at very reasonable rates.

And at the top of the resort a NEW SKY POOL with a full service food and drink Bar has opened. The SKY Pool offers a choice spot to spend an entire day in paradise, offering dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean at sunset. You are shuttled to and from this spot, or mountain climb if you prefer. The Sky Pool offers spectacular daytime views overlooking the mountains, lighthouse, Pacific ocean and soon to open New PB Sunset Beach Jack Nicholas Golf Course.

Sunset Beach is a self contained resort that you never have to leave to enjoy your vacation. If you choose to venture into Cabo to play and try a variety of foods and activities locally, you can do so spending as much or as little as you want.

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach offers a FREE daily shuttle bus service from morning to late evenings which can save $ on taxi fares, if you wish to swim at Medano beach and use the PB sister resorts (Rose and Blanco) amenities. PB Sunset Beach offers a 10% discount card at check in for these resorts. From the Rose and Blanco it is a 15 minute walk to town.

Taxi transportation from PB Sunset Beach is quickly and easily obtained from the lobby area direct transportation for shopping trips or excursions to and from town. (Average one way taxi fare from PB Sunset Beach to town areas is $12.00-$14.00 for 2-4 persons.)

Cabo has great restaurants and night spots downtown, and a Costco and a City Club and various local supermarkets to stock up your kitchen. (City Club is located near the Rose and Blanco, costs $2.00 a day or $25.00 a year membership and requires purchases to be paid for in $, Pesos or American Express.) It's worth the cab ride over or on your way from the airport to stop and load up your own kitchen.

At the Marina, downtown or from Medano Beach, you can can catch glass bottom boat water taxis to and from the Marina, Medano Beach or a ride around the Arc for $5.00 or less a person.

PB Sunset Beach also offers direct transportation from the airport at San Jose to the resort through their web site using Cape Resort web site with "Cape Travel" for $17.00 per person. Suggest making travel arrangements a week prior to leaving to ensure you receive your online confirmation form by email.)

We travel to Cabo twice a year (from the East Coast) for quaranteed winter sunshine, friendly faces and welcoming smiles and always leave fully rejuventated, wonderful memories, wanting to stay longer and a full list of activities in hand for our next trip to Cabo. Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach provides us with a safe and enjoyable place to stay and a perfect home away from home as our family's safe haven to venture from.

By toddm59 May 11, 2006

Most of the Pueblo Bonito Resorts are all about the Spas. Sunset Beach blew us away.. While you are not allowed to swim on their beach, and I have found that mentioned in numerous reviews, I never let that bother me while I was in the Spa enjoying all the ammenities. When we wanted to go in the water, we had the Resort take us on a 5 minute ride to the bay. Otherwise we did what we came to do...sit back, relax and enjoy the serenity they have created with Sunset Beach.

By kathyw110 Updated Apr 17, 2006

We just returned from our 4th visit to Cabo. In 2000, we stayed at Pueblo Bonito Rose' & toured the soon to be built Sunset Beach Resort. We fell in love with Sunset & bought a timeshare. Each time we go back, more has been built, a new pool & a beautiful lobby, more restaurants. They have a larger bus to transport guests to & from Rose'. All it takes is a walk into town to dine, shop & buy groceries.

I think the most wonderful thing I enjoy about Sunset Beach is the view on the balcony. Every morning & evening I sit out there & enjoy the ocean view and the sound of the waves crashing. The beach is quiet - no vendors. If we want to swim or do water activities, we take the free shuttle to Rose'.

This is by far, paradise!

By vickis32 Updated Mar 19, 2006

Stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos but spent some time at Sunset. What a beautiful resort. The reason they wont let you swim in the ocean is because there is a RIPTIDE. It is for your safety. If you wish to swim take the free bus to the other side. We purchased a timeshare from a very HONEST timeshare presenter. Cannot wait to go back.. 5 star all the way !!

By jeff1020 Feb 18, 2006

Rented a Jr. Suite from a timeshare owner on this website and had a wonderful time! The unit was impeccably furnished and decorated, but the best aspect of the resort is that EVERY unit has a perfect view of the ocean and the beautiful evening sunsets! This was obviously designed into the architecture from the beginning, because the suites & villas are all built in a tiered fashion going up the hillside, so none of the rooms are blocked by any other buildings. The grounds are wonderfully landscaped, and the resort has the best of everything: restaurants, tennis courts, spa, fitness center, chapel, kids club, multi-tiered pools with swim-up bars and whirlpools, a gorgeous lobby, and even live flamingos and swans! The staff was courteous and helpful and the ambiance was upscale, beautiful, and relaxing. When we wanted some fun, it was only a 10 minute drive into downtown Cabo for the nightclubs, shopping, and watersports -- but it was always nice to come back to the quiet sanctuary of Sunset Beach! We love it!!!

By tinabut Updated Feb 16, 2006

Rented from an owner listed on 1/27/06 to 2/3/06. We booked this suite-supposedly 2 Queen beds in August of 2005. When we arrived we were told our room was not available. They did put us in an upgraded suite for 3 nights, but we had to move and wait for a room to be cleaned on a Monday. So we were out of a room all day.The room they moved us to had 2 double beds. Very inconvenient for the price these units are being rented for on this site. Be CAREFUL.

By chow Updated Dec 14, 2005 resort I've visited in Cabo.

The resort spent millions building a beautiful boulevard to access this Pacific-facing, remote location. As you crest the hill the view will take your breath away.

Once at the resort you feel as though you have found your own private retreat. Pristine beach with pounding, dramatic surf.

The 24 hour main pool complex is the most fabulous I've visited, with varying levels of connected pools, one cascading in to another, sun-sheltered swim up bar, another sun- protected round-a-bout with jets so strong a current is created. Adjacent is a large hot tub situated to watch sunsets. White cabannas have 4 curtained/adjustable sides so you can enjoy while controlling sun exposure and view at poolside and beach. Towel booth offers plush and heated towels as well as pool and sand toys. Every day except Monday the main pool offers lessons and activities: towel folding, Spanish, mixed drinks, cooking, Lego building, sand castle contests, water volleyball. kite making, water aerobics...

State of the are desalinazation plant.

Gorgeous landscaping throughout acres of trails dotted with various fountains and ponds for flamingoes, swans, parrots...

Property developed by Ernesto Coppel Kelly awarded "2004 Entrepeuner of the Year" and constructed by the number one architectural firm in the world.

An hourly Mercedes shuttle bus takes you to the sister resort, Pueblo Bonito Rose' and Spa, which is a five minute walk to town center and runs until 10 pm. If you want to stay in town past that you can take a taxi back to the resort for approx. $15. The Rose' is right on swimmable Medano beach where you can catch a glass bottom taxi to Lovers Beach and short tour of the famous Arch for a total of $5.00.

You could stay here and spend a fortune as Cabo san Lucas is pricey or you could just as easily enjoy a thrifty vacation using the complimentary shuttles, the resort facilities, snorkeling at Lovers Beach and cooking in your fabulous kitchen after stocking up at the new Costco.

The best bet for getting to and from the airport is to contract directly with the resort shuttle which is $15.00 each way and ONLY stops at Pueblo Bonito's so you don't spend an hour or two getting to your resort as often happens with other carriers.

The villas are truly wonderful with each affording a 180 degree view of the Pacific from a truly private patio. The one bedrooms access the same patio via sliding glass doors from bedroom and livingroom.

If you go to and click on the "sunset" tab you can find the three press releases describing the new and wonderful offerings of the resort..such as the Grand Lobby Bar towering 250 feet above the Pacific with live music, Sushi and extensive flavored martini's, cognacs, etc.. And, Cabo's only 24 hour Bistro...just-opened gourmet restaurant, Frida's, hair salon, super deli, Cigar Bar and on and on.

The just-opened European Spa was meant to out-do all other Cabo Spas.

I love this place and will return every year. I liked it so much I persuaded my family to have our large reunion at Sunset this year!

By moseleycollins Oct 16, 2005

This is a very pretty resort but I would not own here because of two major drawbacks:

1. Even though there is a big ocean right in front of you, the resort WILL NOT LET YOU SWIM IN THE OCEAN!! I know that sounds crazy, but it is true.

2. To get around you have to ride the motorized carts or walk on the driveways used by the carts, smelling the exhaust, oil, et cetera. Not pleasant.

By bob1505 Aug 10, 2005

We had our Son's wedding at PB Sunset. The wedding was wonderful and the hotel did a wonderful job. This resort is the best in service, views, spa, etc. We go back every year and think that we are extremely lucky to be owners at a top notch resort. We traded once and no comparison to our unit at PB Sunset.

By joe1723 Updated Apr 7, 2005

I am a current time share owner at this resort, and have been impressed at the step above all other resorts in Cabo that Sunset Beach has taken. The sister properties are nice, but not on par with the elegant Sunset. At completion and even now there will be no equal in the area. Multiple pools, full spa services, immaculte grounds, stunning view from all suites, superior service. This makes Sunset the destination in Cabo. Suggest you rent a small car, or use the free shuttle for transport to town. This place cannot be beat. there are plans for an unbelievable golf course that will rival any in Cabo area. Get plugged into this resort with a low cost visit though normal rates off or other sites will peg your card but you can get a great rate per week here on so go to Cabo and have a margarita, ole'!! A great time to go is late Nov.- early Dec. or late March,

Joe from Alaska

By jane916 Mar 11, 2005

Lovely setting, well maintained, friendly staff. Rooms well appointed. Drawbacks: Noise, noise, noise from carts and construction. You MUST make it clear at front desk where you want to be located. Pool beautiful, but very busy. Water too warm. Beach beautiful, but totally unusable because of wind, high surf and rip-tide. If you are aware of above and this doesn't bother you, it is great. Restaurant setting lovely, but pricey. and food nothing special. Would we return???? Doubtful at this point.

By mwc Oct 19, 2004

When we saw this resort our jaws dropped. Have never seen any place nicer. Can only second all the good things previously mentioned.

By carol1601 Jun 9, 2004

This is a beautiful and unique resort. Everything is maintained in a meticulous manner.

Service is prompt and friendly.

You can truly relax here in privacy and comfort.

The views are breathtaking.

By lesor Updated May 27, 2004

Excellent service. Accommodations are excellent. Spacious rooms with two beautiful bathrooms in one and two bedroom condos. Ocean view from all apartments. Beautiful swimming pools with swim up bar. The hot tub is warm and relaxing. Restaurant has delicious food with a gorgous atmosphere.

The resort is new and still adding new facilities. As members, we look forward to going every year.

By carole65 Updated Apr 7, 2004

We had a wonderful time here! Every Tues night, they hosted a complimentary cocktail hour free drinks & hor d'houevres and you meet other guests. They had a marache band play, and we all danced outdoors on the patio and had a great time. The pool area is fabulas. Pool temp is 90 degrees with different connecting pools including a grotto area with alcoves of whirlpools & jets. Great view of the beach from the pool.

Draw back: The units are scattered all over a steep mountain overlooking the ocean. To get to pool, beach, restaurant, or lobby everyone must ride in little gas powered carts that buzz & zoom all over all hours of the day & into the night. It was noisy.

Also, there is a constant stiff breeze there. At night the wind is always cool, sometimes cold. Pack a few sweatshirts and sweaters! I was there late Feb, early March..

There is a free shuttle to 2 other sister resorts . Visit the beautiful restaurant at Pueblo Rose and the swimming beach at that resort. Very wild & busy beach whereas the Sunset beach is remote and quiet.

By lulu_k56 Updated Mar 28, 2004

We just returned from a week at this resort. It was truly 5 stars! The rooms are large and elegant with an awesome view of the ocean and especially the sunset. Our rooms were cleaned each day and anything we needed was quickly brought to us. There are currently 2 pools which was good since one was mellow and one was fun and crowded. The gym was small but very clean but they are building a larger one. The restaurant was good but a little pricey so we did a lot of cooking in our kitchen which was fun! If you decide to cook we suggest to take a cab to the grocery store instead of trying to get your groceries back on the shuttle.

The best thing about this resort is the privacy that you get. No beach vendors here! But if you like more action there are shuttles to take you to town. We liked our stay so much that we booked a week for next year already!

By barbara484 Mar 15, 2004

The restaurant here is excellent and elegantly casual with both inside and veranda seating. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and beautifully appointed. The sunset views and sense of isolation from the hubhub of town is peacful and relaxing. There is no sense of crowding one feels at many resorts. This one is wonderfully laid out. Free transportation is offered to her sister resort the Rose in town.

By bedford96 Updated Feb 20, 2004

This is the most beautiful resort in all of Cabos. Every room from a studio to 3 bedroom has a spectacular Pacific Ocean view and the sunsets are awesome. The restaurants are 4 star. The pools are perfect for sunning and swimming. And a free shuttle to sister resorts in town is available which is a plus because parking at night is extremely hard in town due to the nightlife. A car is recommended to see the area. There is so much to do in Cabos that 7 days is just not enough.

By night Jan 12, 2004

Just returned from our glorious two weeks at Sunset Beach. Having visited friends at The new Palmilla, Esperanza and Las Ventanas, we have to admit that this resort is a FIVE STAR TIME SHARE, perfect for families and only five minutes from town. Love the Four Seasons? You feel like you're staying at one when at Sunset Beach. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful, the food is getting better and better and the views are spectacular. The main pool area is divine.

The new lobby, complete with two more restaurants, gym, spa/salon, etc will be finished in the next few months and we can only imagine how popular this destination will become in the next few years. Friends who at first preferred Rose are now realizing the difference. What a great experience for those who appreciate both style and luxury but don't want to pay those "other" hotel prices!

By thomas10 Updated Jan 4, 2004

beautiful, a view you will always remember, peaceful overlooking the Pacific, 5 minutes by free shuttle to town and marina...beatifully built spacious units, wonderful staff, 4 star golf 15 minutes away

By keepsake Updated Jan 3, 2004

Excellent resort. We saw whales in the ocean right off our balcony, what a sight. This is not the side of cabo with vendors on the beach and a long strip of resorts. Its quiet and relaxed and top notched. This resort is for the discriminating traveler.

All units seem to have a view of the ocean and are being built up the side of a cliff, views are spectacular.

By kwswest Nov 21, 2003

We had a nice stay at Sunset Beach. You are about 25 minutes from town so it is difficult to get groceries back to the condo. The shuttle bus was standing room only a few times. Once the resort is complete, I suspect that the bus will be crowed all the time.

The restaurant was good but alittle expensive. The staff was very nice. The timeshare salesman were pushy.

The beach was nice. No vendors to bother you.

If you are going to just stay by the pool, this is the place to stay. If you want"night life" I wouldn't recommend staying here.

By hasa Nov 17, 2003

We did not stay at Pueblo Bonito Resort at Sunset Beach, but wished we had. We took a tour and bought a time share. The resort is fabulous!! If it's peace and quiet you're longing for, this is the place. However, downtown Cabo is just a short bus ride away. Free transportation is provided to the other Pueblo Bonito Resorts which are relatively close to downtown.

We were in Cabo in January and could watch the wales play off the shore while enjoying a meal on the open terrace. The food as well as the service was excellent.

We went deep-sea fishing and caught a 135# blue marlin the first time out.

This resort is definitely on the "Return Again" list.

By nazclk Oct 26, 2003

Did not stay at the resort, took a tour and the second salesman was the most obnoxious salesperson I have encountered, so if you are looking to take a tour BEWARE and be prepared to be insulted if you don't buy.

By lsteffen Oct 24, 2003

I thought this resort was beautiful. It was clean, and very nice. You can take a golf cart all over the property or you can get your exercise and walk down the various staircases and trails. They are in the process of beginning their third phase of development and will be adding a 3rd swimming pool. The one drawback is the beach. Its tough to walk on and you can't go in the water because its on the pacific side of Cabo.

By jeckmann Oct 21, 2003

This is a resort with a true flavor of Mexico. Much more quaint and inviting than other resorts in Cabo which felt like they were Californiaized. Great service, uncrowded and relaxed atmosphere. We'll be back!!

By dajones Oct 3, 2003

Class facility! 5 star service and accommodation. Comparable to Ritz Carlton. Family Friendly

By ktvasser Updated Jul 28, 2003

We toured this resort and bought a timeshare week. It is absolutely fabulous!

The restaurant was top notch and not only was the food much, much better then the Westin Regina (where we stayed), but much, much cheaper!

After walking around downtown and being hustled constantly, getting away here is so relaxing and welcomed. It is five minutes drive to town -- the Westin-Regina is very remote and too far away. This seems perfect to us!

Our whole family was reluctant to go to Cabo, and everyone fell in love with it and this resort. Our son had a heart transplant five years ago, so travelling to Mexico was very worrisome. No worries, he did fantastic, did not get sick, he caught a big yellowfin tuna and can't wait to return. We travelled in off season, the weather was hot, but not oppressive --- we all had tons of energy revitalized by the intense beauty of the ocean. I used to love Alaska, but now CABO and this resort!

can't wait to return.

By ermo May 14, 2003

Brand new resort on the Pacific side of Cabo. We liked the free bus transportation to and from the other Bonito resorts at Cabo. The Pacific side is much less crowded and we could watch the whales from our balcony. Great food and several swimming pools to chose from.

By wizzof4 May 8, 2003

The resort is lovely, but it's very over priced and the foods only mediocre at best. $7.50 for a drink and measl run $40-$50 per person! The transportation into town only runs once an hour and only takes you to Pueblo Bonito Rose which requires a taxi ride to get to town. A taxi from Sunset Beach costs $10 each way. If you want to avoid seeing Mexico and just want to stay at a resort then this is the place for you. It's very isolated from the real Mexico.

By etanneh Apr 22, 2003

Pueblo Bonito Sunset is absolutely lovely. Each of the very spacious units have large balconies or patios and all overlook the Pacific Ocean. The service and ammenities were wonderful. The pools are some of the lolvliest I have ever seen. Ellen Tannehill

By jkferg Updated Jan 20, 2003

I toured the resort, but did not stay there. The resort is beautiful. It is first class all the way.

The resort is still under construction and there is always the possibility of construction noise as it grows.

It is located on the Pacific, which is dangerous for swiming. However, the beach is wide and stretches for some distance and they have a huge pool. With less than half the resort built, neither the pool or the beach is very crowded.

The resort is also outside of Cabo and requires transportation to the city. They run a bus to the other Pueblo Bonita resorts on the beach in Cabo, but they are not located that close to downtown Cabo where many of the restaurants are located. you will have a long walk or a short cab ride into town for dinner.

If you want to go to a lovely resort and relax this could be a great place to stay.

By josh411 Dec 30, 2002

A beautifull secluded resort to get away and just relax. We've traveled to Hawaii, The Bahamas, Cancun,and Puerto Vallarta. The Sunset Beach resort is the only place we will ever go again.

By mikearmbruster Dec 29, 2002

This is a first class resort situated on the Pacific side of the penninsula. It is Cabo San Lucas without the crowds and the vendors on the beach. Shuttle service is offered to and from Cabo on a regular basis should you feel a need for the city.

Everything in the resort is first class including all of the facilities and especially the dining.