Club Dolmen By The Sea

Qawra, Malta

Reviews of Club Dolmen By The Sea

Qawra, Malta

4.5

Have you been to Club Dolmen By The Sea lately?

By wendywin Feb 22, 2008

We stayed here as an exchange in 2005. Malta is a fascinating place and we went to explore. This timeshare resort is not luxurious in the Americans sense but we found it quite comfortable, clean and modern and we had a view of the ocean. What we did not expect was that we had possibly one of the very best dinners EVER in the restaurant on site..accompanied by excellent wine. They serve a mushroom dish (several different kinds including one that we had never heard of ) that was so incredible that we went back to the resturant and ordered it the next evening! The service was perfect. We were SO amazed!!! The staff here were helpful and friendly. We walked or took buses everywhere. Having a car is not recommended. Driving on the narrow and often quite steep streets with buildings that obscure oncoming traffic at intersections is a stress that you do not need and the buses are cheap and reliable.

By cokoliso Updated Jul 27, 2004

The best resort in Qwara. I stayed here last December 2002 for 10 days. 1 week either in September or October The place is impecably clean, neatly and beautifully kept from hallways to gardens. (One of the gardens has a prehistoric dolmen which gives the name to the hotel) The management as well as the service people are top of the line in courtesy and friendliness. The rooms are all airy, with a large balcony opening gloriously onto St Paul's Bay. At night the view is a fantastic experience. My apartment , located on the fifth floor, had two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

The master bedroom has a king bed and a jacuzzi. The kitchen is a bit small but well equiped. There is a color tv, two telephones and the bedrooms are computer ready. I used my laptop during my whole time there. I have to say that Malta and its people are unique in many ways.

I have never found, in my years of traveling, a country with such humble and friendly people. They are, indeed, the best...I don't understand why more Americans do NOT travel to these islands in the Mediterranean Sea that have so much culture, history and original beauty to offer. By the way, it takes 45 minutes to travel by ferry to southern Sicily where you can enjoy visiting the valley of temples in Argigento and the historical cities of Syracuse, Noto and Palermo.

I sincerely give this aparthotel a 5+ stars.