Timeshare reviews at Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club

Cancun, Mexico

By arnoldu Updated Apr 16, 2009

This place has been fully rebuilt since the hurricane that hit the coast some time ago and is now one of the best in Cancun. You can tell it is now top of the list by the fact that its maintenance fees have risen to $679 from the $599 we paid when we bought it. But it's well worth it.

Being one of the Sunset group, we like the option of booking into the Royal Sunset club, if we are part of a larger group or family. Ocean and luxury there. The yachts at the Sunset Lagoon place have to be seen to make a dream come true. We will enjoy being pampered on one of these, even if we don't fish. But others can do that too if they like. Too bad we are getting a bit older and have to start thinking of passing this on to the younger set.

By gdenisea Updated Dec 25, 2005

Great resort for those who dislike highrises and being surrounded by hundreds of vacationers. Beautiful room decor in warm colours. One and two bedrooms feature kitchens, two televisions, two telephones. All inclusive is excellent value and includes use of Royal Sunset facilities. Great food and room service is wonderful!! All-incl. features a 1/2 hour massage and a lobster dinner. Lobby and bar have just been renovated. Easy access to everything. Worth a try!!

By robl9 Sep 20, 2005

Nice amentities, good bang for your buck. We had a great view of the lagoon/city from our balcony. Had a jacuzzi too! Hotel always had something fun going on! Great food and great people!

Excellent location! 0.25 miles from beach. 1.5 miles from shopping.

By patricia326 Updated Nov 7, 2004

I purchased at Sunset Lagoon in Dec 1999, We went back Nov 2003 and lots of work being done to the resort. Also real nice new 2 bedroom units

By erika52 May 16, 2004

I purchased recently at the royal susnet club and got a bettter deal than my mother that bought 8 years ago. I have stayed at all the resorts several times and the new units at the susnet lagoon are verybeautiful!Great wood with itialian finish, marbol floors and a superb view of the sun, setting in the lagoon. They have added a spectacular admirals Yatchclub with 6 or7 milliondollar yatchs available to owners ofr special rates to rent or to purchase as a aditional membership they are amazing !!!!- The sunset is getting anew spa an is still the best view of the carribiena ocean from my room. If you can try them their service , and accomodation exceed any other version of rating I see here. May-16-2004 Vivette Garcia Deister-Miami,Florida

By mikes Dec 18, 2002

A small, overcrowded place on the lagoon with no beach access. Many common facilities have been build above the lagon water (due to lack of space) causing pollution. Maintenance substandard. Rates two star maximum.

By clearday Updated Dec 6, 2002

I had a great time at this condo style unit. Great amenities for the price.

By dlwarshafsky Updated Oct 2, 2002

If you can get something elsewhere do it!