Pacifica Club

Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico

Reviews of Pacifica Club

Ixtapa Zihuatanejo, Mexico

4.2

Have you been to Pacifica Club lately?

By jim1960 Dec 5, 2007

I stayed in a Junior suite (1 bdrm) the first week of October '07. The view of the bay and golf course were tremendous. Ixtapa was much less developed than I expected. El Faro restaurant was very good. Food at the beach restaurant was adequate and plentiful. Sushi night was the best!

All mixed drinks were very watered down and tipping did not matter. At least 3 of 6 laundramats on site were not functioning. The front desk where you buy the laundry tokens should have made customers aware when they buy the tokens. I made a reservation at La Peligula (spelling wrong) and called the front desk to ask if it was on site or in town. There were no signs anywhere on site for it. I was told I would need a cab and it would be about $15MX. Cabbie picked me up and thought it was another restaurant in Zih, drove me back to Ixtapa and asked other cabbies but no one knew. I finally told him to take me back to Pacifica and asked at the desk where they told me it was on site. I was a very frustrating night.

English speaking abilities at Pacifica were minimal. I realize a traveler should try to be somewhat fluent in a foreign country, but reality and expectations were far apart in this case.

The tram was not working the entire time I was there and it didn't look like any significant effort was made to start it up. "Maintenance" was the reason given without any further info.

By paulette6 Mar 10, 2006

THIS IS OUR 8TH TIME AT PACIFICA WE HAVE HAD THE BEST TIMES OF OUR LIVES. THE EL FARO RESTAURANT HAS IMPROVED. THE FOOD EXCELLENT AND THE STAFF ATTENTIVE AND EFFICIENT. THE ENTIRE STAFF FOR PACIFICA IS ALWAYS PLEASANT.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

By cloud3 Dec 16, 2005

I've been to this resort several times and I think it's great. Ixtapa is not over crowded and the beach at the Pacifica end is flat and the water warm so swimming in the ocean is wonderful. Or you can just relax under a palapa on the beach and have the waiter bring you margarietas! The condos are located in various buildings on the hillside so the views are magnificient. The kitchens are fully equiped and you can take a cheap bus into Zihuatanejo to shop in the market for fish and fresh vegetables. Or there are lots of great restaurants. All in all a very relaxing, enjoyable vacation and it almost never rains in the winter.

By condoo Updated Jan 5, 2004

Loved it.

We've been twice: once in one of their one-bedrooms - very spacious with 2 baths; once in a Jr. Suite. Both had terrific views of the bay, and golf course. Fun to watch the crocks swim in the lagoon from the terrace. Very hilly as the others mentioned. Teriffic service. Loved the informal restaurant/bar at the foot of the tram. Lots of very nice small shops and restaurants nearby. Avoid their expensive restaurant at the top "El Faro" was "El Stinko". Loud - out of tune piano & inferior expensive food. Instead have a lovely dining experience at the upscale "La Salva" nearby. Enjoy!

By marjorie Jan 1, 2003

I agree with the recent comments. Pacifica Club offers decent rooms with awesome hospitality and grand views. This site is NOT wheel chair accessible.! The resort is on a cliff. Each unit, we assume, offers a slightly diferent view! Walking to and fro this unit into Ixtapa Is possible. It it is not for everyone! There is a roof-top restaurant and a cable car to the beach. The cable car is great fun! There are crocodilles in the water near where you disembark! Once you disembark, you can walk on the beach into town. Housekeeping is excellent. We espcially enjoyed the flower arrangements left on our bed each day! We also enjoyed the "private" pools available. In Ixtapa we found great food for reasonable prices and great prices at their market. 1/1/03

By howbeck Dec 29, 2002

Awesome! The views alone are worth the stay. Lots of hills to climb, but a shuttle service is available for steeper grades. The cable car is a blast and offers a wonderful view of the beach, bay and activity areas.

Rooms were well maintained, but a wee bit smaller than expected. Balconies all face beach for an inspiring view. Staff were courteous but somewhat evasive at times. Restaurant on beach was AAA and affordable. Staff there were Pros! Restaurant on top of hill a little too stuffy and pricy for our tastes.

Walking the beach in a.m. or p.m. was wonderful. Access to other resorts was easy, and local merchants very resourceful.

We'd recommend it to singles, honeymooners right up to families.