preview the new redweek.com!

Island Resort & Golf Club Reviews

Reviews of Island Resort & Golf Club in Freeport, Bahamas, posted by RedWeek members.

Member Reviews
  • Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
  • User: kathy580

I just returned from this resort (7/9 to 7/16, 2005), with my four children and the rooms were very nice. It was clean, employees were extremely hospitable, and there was plenty available to do if you desired.

The resort was close to the town, but was also secluded enough for some peace and quiet.

I am considering a timeshare here. My children enjoyed every minute. I did not want to leave!!!

• Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
  • User: deezer

The review you have posted from sparktrician is for the WRONG resort. The name of this resort is Island Resort and Golf Club. It is a nice resort, but not on the beach. We have owned 4 weeks here for over 20 years.

• Overall Rating: 1 out of 5
  • User: sparktrician

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Pressure sales to go to Island Seas resort. We went to Island Seas Resort and they told us to come over thier for the rest of the week no extra charge. So we did and when we arrived back to Island Seas Resort after checking out at this MOTEL (becuase thats all it is). They wanted us to pay $150 a night or purchase. They knew we did not have anyplace now to stay. So they ripped us. We purchased then when we got back to the states we cancelled our contract and they posted it against my credit report. Stay away from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning

• User: kbcanada

The posting of Nov 2, is not for this resort as this resort is not right on the beach.

• User: phimumom

This resort is right on the beach. The beach has been reduced in width as a result of the hurricane. There is a limited amount of shade, resulting in guests being cheek to jowl under what little shade there is. The pool is nice, with a swim up bar. There is also a hot tub. The food at the restaurant is fair. The units are large and well maintained.

The telephone system is a nightmare. $1.00 for a local call, even if there was no answer. This was particularly annoying, since we were there after the hurricane and had to call around to check to see what was open. It is $2.00 to place a long distance call to your credit card. The internet service was down due to the storm.

A car is needed. There is a weekly trip to the Winn Dixie from the resort. DO NOT buy liquor at the liquor store in the Winn Dixie shopping mall. It is twice as much as everywhere else.

The resort runs a shuttle to Port Lucaya several times a day, but, if you tire of that, you are kinda stuck.

I would recommend shipping a cooler with you. We brought over meat (frozen) and everything else we thought we might need. Everything has to be imported, so food costs are high. We even brought a small barbecue grill, and the charcoal was $10. 50 a bag! Be sure to pack cereal and snacks to bring with you.

• User: mypet

December 27,2003 We stayed here over New Year's Week. THe place is very simple and clean. The staff is pleasant but not overly well informed. You can get around without a car as a taxi seems to be always available and the resort offers limited transportation to the grocery store as well. The beach is beautiful! The food and bar service were marginal. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• User: flamingo

I spent a very relaxing week at this location. There is nothing fancy here but everything you need. I would definately stay here again and I would entertain buying here as well! I visit Freeport alot and have friends all over the island so I need a car with this location but it is within walking distance to the Bazzar and Casino! I can't wait to stay there again! Actually, wish I was there right now! Peace~!

↑Back to top