Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico

Timeshare reviews at Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa

Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico

By laureens12 Dec 30, 2014

We have been going here every year for the last 13 years and we love it! we own here and never rent it out. we have brought many family and friends here, and they ended up buying here also. the grounds are beautiful and spacious, the pool areas are clean and beautiful, and the staff is great.

By teril36 Feb 10, 2012

We've been going to Paradise Village yearly for the past 9 years. We bought with the intention of trading our points, but fell in love with the area. People are so friendly and the food is very good. Two fabulous spas on site, as well as the spectacular El Tigre golf course. Nearby Bucerias has fine dining restaurants at affordable prices and some amazing artisan shops. A bus or taxi ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta is reasonable for a day trip. A convenience mall is within walking distance for groceries, souvenirs and, if you must...a Starbucks and McDonalds. Also some great sandwich shops.

If you like all-you-can-eat extravaganzas, PV has some amazing theme nights which include entertainment.

Two pools, one quiet for adults and one more active for those who have kids or prefer a little people watching. Beach volleyball daily as well as other activities.

Rooms are quite spacious. The 2 bedroom can actually sleep 6 if there are a couple in the group that don't mind a pull out couch.

We went in November and are heading back in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

By garyr124 Feb 1, 2010

We have been owners at Paradise Village for about 10 years and return about every other year. Initially we went with our teenage children and now we go with our daughter and granddaughter. It continues to be the favorite vacation spot for everyone in our family.

Paradise Village offers something for everyone in our family of all ages and interests. My wife, daughter, and granddaughter like being around the main pool for the music, daily water aerobics, wacky pool games, tequila volleyball, and sun dance, for the other kids in the shallow end, the water slides, pottery painting, and other activities. While I enjoy those activities, I also like some quiet time to read or listen to music. So, I walk a few yards and sit by one of the numerous palapas near the beach, or take hours-long walks on the beach, or lie on a float in the quiet pool. Yes, there are vendors walking on the beach, but I never have found them to be very intrusive. My wife and daughter also enjoy the spa.

This visit we stayed in the Coba Tower, a short walk further from the beach and main pools, but with a wonderful view of the marina and mountains and with a washer and dryer in the 2-bedroom unit. As always, the unit was spacious and clean, and any problems we reported were corrected immediately by the staff. For example, my wife accidentally broke a glass mixing bowl and called to notify the staff. A replacement arrived within 30 minutes.

The food in the restaurants and at the theme nights is OK. My daughter loves the Mexican and Western theme nights, not because the food is so wonderful, but because she simply finds the nights and activities there to be a lot of fun. Every visit we usually have one dinner at the Mayapan restaurant on-site, where the food is good and reasonably priced. We especially look forward to having a Mexican coffee prepared at the table, which is itself a whole show complete with burning tequila! A supermarket is just a 5 minute walk away, and now there is a WalMart just a 5-minute cab ride away. When we arrive we stock up on food, snacks and drinks. We never eat breakfast out of the room, and often bring lunch down to the pool. If we are tired or not too hungry we order room service or get something light, like a pizza from Domino's in the enarby shopping center. The trip does not have to cost a bundle.

There are a number of restaurants within walking distance or just a short cab ride away, either in Nuevo Vallarta or in Bucerias, a town just north of Nuevo Vallarta. (Wihle we find most restaurants there to be good or excellent, the only bad experience we ever have had was at Nopal Beach/Eddie's Place in Nuevo Vallarta. We strongly recommend staying away from there). Going into Puerto Vallarta takes some time, either by bus or by cab (about $20 each way), but we find it to be well worth the expense for the experience, as well as for shopping, many great restaurants, and just walking along the Malecon.

Perhaps the reason we enjoy Paradise Village so much is because of the incredible activity staff. They seem to work around the clock, with boundless enthusiasm and humor, whether it is a 9 a.m. kayak trip, pool activities, or casino night and other night activities that run until after 10 p.m. We have traveled to many hotels and resorts in the mainland U.S., Hawaii, and the Caribbean, and we have yet to find any place where the activity staff can come close to that of Paradise Village. We are looking forward already to our next trip there.

By michaeld258 Nov 3, 2008

We have owned here since 2004 and we love it. I can't imagine how anyone could rate this resort at less than 5 stars. The staff is great, rooms (at least the 1 & 2 bdrm) are great. If you eat at the resort you won't be disappointed (theme nights are great!) If you don't want to deal with timeshare salespeople-simply say no-It's pretty simple.

It is no more expensive than any other 5 star resort and you most certainly get what you pay for.

By susan2909 Oct 19, 2008

We've owned here since the early 90's and go for multiple weeks a year. The same staff (waiters, front desk, managers) greet us by name. We truly appreciate their friendliness and consistent service. We've taken lots of friends and family. All hint for another visit. We love all size units (never stayed in a studio but have visited in one several times).

You can walk for miles on a flat, wide beach, lots of private palapas and comfortable lounge chairs, terrific sunsets. There is both a quiet and a party pool with terrific slide. Mall just outside gate with laundry, grocery, restaurants and fun shops. Spas and gyms are great, so is daily maid service. My husband loves the golf course and grandkids the zoo and wildlife shows. Lots of available excursions.

For those that had a bad experience, I bet I saw you berating the staff and making demanding requests. Friendliness and tact are always reciprocated.

By debrab104 Jan 9, 2008

Prestine grounds, lush landscaping, huge and multiple swimming pools on the beach, with gold crown spas and workout rooms galore. The 18 hole golf course and country club are a great amenity as well - no wonder they have gold tournaments there often. The world-class chefs and their theme nights are are great way to offer variety and excitement to their guests. They have tennis courts, basketball, lap pool, yoga, beach volleyball and pool games throughout the day with "perks" and specials all the time. We've visited there numerous times and it is by far the funnest and maintained resort we've stayed in anywhere. Lots of things to do in Nuevo Villarta and Puerto Villarta, snorkling, fishing, daytime booze cruises and shopping excursions to town. Take the city bus right in front of the resort and it only costs you a $1.00, can't beat that. Paradise Village is truly Paradise... Thanks for the memories.... The security, the cordial personnel and the things to do here are Exceptional.... Sorry we can only give you 5 stars, your worth more...

By rt25 Sep 21, 2006

Very comfortable! Good beds. One of the best I have stayed at in Mexico.

By judy723 Sep 4, 2005

We have owned at this resort since 1996 and have been here many times. The units are average with all the ammenities you will need except a washer and dryer in the unit (they are available on site). The penthouse (3 bedroom) is spectacular! The service and beach ammenities are fabulous. The activities, sports and spa are exceptional. We travel often and this is our family's favorite vacation spot. We also keep buying more points as we get great trades as well.

By e42 Updated Apr 24, 2005

I've been a member here since 1996. I've visited other 5 star timeshares. This is unquestionably the best: best service, best rooms, best restaurants, best pools, best beach, best sports activities, best spa. I don't golf but I hear that the course is terrific. I try other places but keep coming back. I can find privacy, I can be social as my mood allows. This is the only place I have been consistently been treated like royalty. I love it!

By george795 Dec 14, 2004

PV offers first class amenities, excellent security and the finest food we found in Puerto Vallarta. Prices were in line and the golf course first rate. We've been to PV & Kauai both in last 2 months and for the money you can't beat this Mexican Resort.

By joni56 Jul 25, 2004

I disagree with the person who disliked this resort and timeshare sales. We own here and other time shares, their presentation was not as high pressure as others we have attended. The resort is clean and nice/5 star and daily maid service. Nice beaches and amenities on resort like restaurants if you want to stay and eat there. There is a mini mall nearby in walking distance with laundromat and grocery. You can cook your own food if you wish. Or go into town. Of course the taxi costs you more than the bus and you have to be careful of some drivers. It was better when we had our spanish speaking relatives with us, but when we went back on our own, we did ok. You don't have to attend a resort presentation, but if you do, of course they have their "free" gift for attending just like any other time share, and you just say no if you don't want to buy. I think this is one of the better timeshare/resorts in PV/NV area, having toured and stayed at others. There is also a full service spa if you want massage, hair, nails, etc. and a small zoo the kids like.

By hawaiiker Updated May 9, 2004

We just got back from staying at this resort 5/1/2004. I have to say it was an experience that you will never have in the U.S.

First of all you don't have an oven or washer and dryer in the unit. They want you to spend, spend, spend. We took our own food and security at the airport took it all because they heard about the wild cow disease. What that had to do with the beef we were going to be eating is beyond me.

The resort states that there are grills to use but when you go to call and reserve it, it's already reserved. Do you get the picture?

Oh yes, when you arrive the pressure to buy a timeshare doesn't let up until you say yes. What's fascinating is all the tours and other packages that they offer are less than half price if you attend a timeshare presentation. Otherwise if you don't attend a presentation the sky is the limit on what you pay. All brochures don't have a prices on what things cost because they (sales person) wants to make a hefty commission. So it's up to you if you can say no. We did not attend a presentation at the resort.

Weather was great and location and furnishings in our condo were fair. Couch was very dirty and nothing like what is pictured on this website. It needs refurbishing.

The taxi varied in price everytime we went to town.

By gernot Apr 27, 2004

Excellent resort, can't praise it high enough. Clean and well managed and very safe and fun for all ages and has the most beautiful beach for miles. Restaurants and shopping on premises with small supermarket and many good shops and restaurants in the Paradise Mall. Computer room with 6 computers and a wireless setup, no charge for members. We own and spend 4 weeks every year there and wouldn't trade it.

By maritza10 Apr 7, 2004

This resort is outstanding for the whole family. It is safe, clean and many activities offered at the resort and outside of the resort. The rooms are comfortable and fully furnished, maid service daily, everything nearby, stores at a nearby mall, restaurants etc. Amenities ,too many to list. Something for everyone and all ages. We have had memorable vacations here with large family groups.

By dcrosby Updated Dec 17, 2002

We stayed here a few years ago. You do not furnish enough stars to adequately rate this resort! The accommodations were excellent. The food and service were excellent. We would love to make an exchange or rent again. Highly recommended