Playacar Palace

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Reviews of Playacar Palace

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

3.0

Have you been to Playacar Palace lately?

By racheld57 Jan 17, 2011

We are owners of Palace Resorts and this is our favorite to stay. It is quaint compared to the Adventura Palace or Moon Palace. Food is excellent (imo) and very kid friendly. Our last visit was in 2010 and they remembered us and our son. I would definitely give it a higher rating than 3 stars.

By pcpny Updated Mar 31, 2006

Here's my re-review since the hotel was purchased, renovated and reopened in Dec., 2005, by Palace Resorts:

Guests love this hotel for its "location, location, location," friendly and hard-working staff, wonderful rooms. Palace's renovation is superb -- the hotel is beautiful. It's only a few steps to town, the ferry to Cozumel and Senor Frogs. This is the place to stay for a luxurious home in Playa from which to take advantage of all the town offers and to visit local attractions. Free, secure parking; guest activities; tour desk; in-room safe deposit box. The pool area is lovely and, when we were there, poolside chairs were always available. Unfortunately, Hurricanes Ivan, Emily and Wilma destroyed the beach, but Palace has plans to rebuild. Please note that we don't have the all-inclusive plan and therfore can't comment on the food quality.

By frogge Updated Jan 9, 2005

Sunclub went bankrupt I am told. Bought by Palace Resorts and is being remodeled and will be all inclusive (AI). I lost my time share at Playacar as Palace will not honor my contract (raised maint fee exorbitantly and charged $800 remodel fee for this year and next.) I am forced to take Palace Resort certificates which means I lose my week 9, and probably will never get a red week with what they gave me. (Pluse I will have to pay over $700 if I want to use my unit now - no maintenance fee if I don't use thought.)

I will never buy a timeshare in Mexico as I really got screwed. I feel, by Palace resort. My advice, be careful down there when buying a timeshare.