Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort

Port St. Lucie, Florida

Reviews of Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort

Port St. Lucie, Florida

4.0

Have you been to Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort lately?

By lorriem8 Updated Mar 30, 2008

My husband and I just stayed here during spring break march 22-29. We just loved it as the staff was so helpful and friendly. If you are big NYmet fans like us this is like home. The park was just 2 miles from the resort. We had a 2 bedroom / 2 bath which was very spacious and clean. The pool/golfing was great and we would recommend this resort especially during spring training.

By nancy1836 Updated Feb 3, 2008

We exchanged in during the first week in November 2007, through RCI. We had a two bedroom unit which was great. . The resort and pool area were relatively quiet all week and we had great weather. We would definitely return, but it appears that they no longer exchange with RCI [not in latest directory].

We aren't golfers but wanted to be in this area.

This is not a large resort. Apparently, some of the units are Lock-Out Units but ours was not....just a plain, regular, 2BR-2B.

The units do have cross-through ventilation which is nice. The balcony can be accessed from the living rooom or the Master Bedroom and is screened in. There were a few nicks and scratches on the walls, etc., but that is normal wear and tear. The kitchen was better equipped than most.

My only complaints were: 1) Computer dial-up in the room was the slowest I have experienced in my travels. WiFi was available in the clubhouse and was anticipated in the rooms in the near future. If this is an important issue with you, call first to confirm room accessibility.

2) They did not offer an exercise room onsite, which was a disappointment. We didn't want to have to drive to a gym or to pay extra for it. Considering the quality of the resort, this issue was a surprise. But then again, it is a small resort and there was no room available to be an exercise room.

3) My usual complaint with overnight accomodations, particularly timeshares: they've upgraded to the thicker mattresses but haven't taken the time or expense to upgrade the mattress pads to fit the bed and stay tucked in. The sheets did appear to fit. The bedrooms were really nice otherwise. And the MBR had a really nice whirlpool tub. Though we did need to have maintenance come and look at it [twice] because we could not get it started.

4) Their VCR is outdated. The VCR played only the VHS tapes (can anyone still find those?) and the CD player was complicated enough that you could not figure it out and they didn't provide a manual.

Even with our complaints, we'd go back. Too bad about their changing their affiliation.

By sparktrician Jul 27, 2003

another great starwood resort. I have a 2bedroom with starwood and used points for 2 nights great place to golf.