Club Regina Puerto Vallarta at Westin

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Timeshare reviews at Club Regina Puerto Vallarta at Westin

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

By sandram336 Mar 11, 2014

I spent a week at this resort in mid-February. It is sorely in need of updating. The common areas and pool are very clean and enjoyable, the rooms are not. My room has the same furniture it had in 2006 when I purchased this timeshare. That furniture was old in 2006. Fortunately, they have replaced mattresses but the living room furniture has not been replaced. It is faded, stained and uncomfortable. But, the kitchens have been updated with new stove tops/microwave ovens/dishwashers.

The bathroom was dingy, complete with lots of black mold in the shower. As far as housekeeping/maintenance is concerned, this resort is really lacking. When I checked in the kitchen counters were sticky. There was an empty container of dishwasher soap. The bedroom door lock unit was unscrewed, the bedroom television didn't work. The second day I left out the empty dishwasher soap container and it was removed, not replaced. The television was "fixed" but the next time I turned it off it was "broken" again. It was replaced when I called. When I called at 7:30 a.m. because the coffeemaker was broken I was told it couldn't be replaced until 9:00 am when housekeeping staff would be available. A few minutes later I got a call saying someone would bring it within a few minutes. As of 9:30 a.m. it still wasn't replaced. Burned out light bulbs were not replaced until two trips to the front desk to report the problem. So these are just some examples; it may seem minor, but they are annoyances which could easily be eliminated by more staff attention.

So, if you plan to go, ask front desk for a clean, updated room. (Some have had sofa beds replaced).

By jannellg Updated Nov 28, 2011

Great value! My husband and 2 small boys just returned from a 7 day vacation at Club Regina. The staff were excellent. The resort food was good and very affordable. The rooms were well stocked and spacious. Daily maid service was included. We had a renovated 2b/2.5bath adjoining rooms on the 9th floor facing the beach. Good beach area (unlike Cabo) with low waves and the resort had a breaker system in place. The pools were also well maintained and clean. The actual Westin hotel was adjacent to the Club Regina property (they have a fence running between the properties) and we had no problem going back and forth between the 2 resorts. We ate at the Westin for dinner a couple of times and our boys played on their playground a few times. We never had an issue with the fact that we were actually staying at the Club Regina.

We enjoyed our stay very much. The one thing that was a bit annoying was the bathrooms in our rooms were all Mexican tile (of course). However, the grout was dingy and moldy in a lot of places. That grossed me out a bit.

Overall our experience was a very good one and we will head back next year if we can.

By leonardr23 Mar 3, 2008

This is our third year at Club Regina (for stays of 4 weeks each year) and we plan to return in February 2009 for another 4 week stay. Obviously we're very satisfied with the resort in almost every way. The grounds and facilties are very well maintained and the location is very good (a short walk to the marina with its many restaurants and shops and the bus to town stops right in front of the resort - its a bumpy ride but only 50 cents). Just try to avoid the presentations - they're quite aggressive and time consuming. All in all it's a great place to unwind and enjoy the pleasures of the resort and the old town.

By jstenhouse Feb 10, 2007

Just returned last night after a beautiful week in Puerto Vallarta, returning to this Club Regina after 7 or so years.

Had somewhat of a hassle on check-in as our friends, members as well, checked in on the 11th floor and we were placed on the 1st floor. How is that for perfect placement! As we asked very nicely if we could either go up to the 11, 10 or at least a bit closer, we were told that no we could not be moved due to the sold out status of the hotel..Upon talking to one of the bell-hops about the appearance of not too many guests, he said it has been somewhat slow. Anyway, it was suggested that we talk to a supervisor in the morning which we did, all to no avail.

Combine the above with the fact that we could not go out on our own private lower deck, ground floor that it was, because of pigeon poop all over the deck and deck chair pads, this was getting to be very annoying.

Enter our Wives, they will get to the bottem of this by going to a complaint meeting with that particuliar department.

Lo and behold, one and a half hours later, here come the girls with a piece of paper offering for the paltry sum of $3,500 dollars to upgrade us to Platinum status that would allow us to maybe have a little more stroke on rooms. What a joke.

We talked the girls out of putting any more cash up as we had to point out that they went to the meeting to vent a complaint not spend more money.

All in all, it just seems to me that once a particuliar Time Share point has saturated it original # of units, it has nothing to sell but upgrades or points.

I have purchased weeks on Red Week and as well, another Club Regina time share from people who were not using it. Still one of the best but attitudes need adjusting.

By karls7 Mar 12, 2006

My family of six were scheduled to use our home resort in Cancun this > past January, but Hurricane Wilma forced us to make other > arrangements. Club Regina is connected with the Westin Hotel chain > somehow and the Raintree Vacation Club. They own about fourteen > different resorts from Mexico to Canada. After Wilma, I called > Raintree and cancelled my Cancun trip and rebooked with Club Regina > in Puerto Vallarta; it was the second time in fourteen months that > we had been at the same resort. It would be the first time that my > daughter and her family visited Mexico and we wanted them to have a > wonderful time. The second time is actually better than the first, > because you have a better sense of where to go and what to do. My > grand kids had a ball and really bonded with the Mexican people. > We have never visited a more tourist friendly place in all our many > years than Puerto Vallarta. The crime rate is very low and women > and children could walk the streets alone at night without fear. > Kind of like my home town in North Conway, NH. The ammenities at > Club Regina are wonderful, the staff was great and the weather was > perfect. The only negative was the restauants at Club Regina are > very pricy, but you could walk to the Marina ( less than a 1/4 mile > ) > and have your choice of dozens of competitively priced good > quality restaurants.

By mirta Oct 25, 2005

We spend with our 21 years old son and daughther 14 glorious days in January -February 2005.

This is certainly a GT resort. The pools are beautiful and the grounds and gardens excellently maintained. Plenty lounge chairs by the pools . Wood platforms with white canvas curtains and lounge chairs on the beach will feel to be in Arabian Nights tale. Rooms are splendid, beautiful furnished and the cleanliness is unbelievable. The daily maid service super efficient (sometimes return at 4PM to open the sofa bed) . The floors are clean as the tables! The huge gym club and the equipment seems to be for "olympics athletes ". Great spa and tennis courts with friendly staff. Excellent food at the restaurants.

Very close to marina with restaurants and shopping, galery arts,etc...but far from downtown :(

Without doubt the best resort that we have stayed! I will return the next month...

By andreaendive Feb 2, 2005

I was fortunate enough to recently spend a week at Club Regina.

This is truly a Gold Crown Resort. The grounds and the pools are beautiful and excellently maintained. There are plenty of lounge chairs by the pools and on the beach. Instead of pylapas, they have platforms with canvas curtains and lounge chairs on the beach.

The health club is very large and has excellent equipment.

There are lots of free activities such as water aerobics.

The units are spacious, and well furnished, and daily maid service is provided.

The weather in January is perfect - mid 80's during the day, mid-60's at night.

I can't wait to return.

By sylot May 12, 2003

Great pools and beach area. Attentive staff. Clean rooms. Good activity program including spinning and yoga as well as tennis instruction. Close to marina with excellant food and shopping possibilities (cheap and cheerful). Bus to city stops at Walmart and Sam's club for food and water etc. A very nice vacation place. Great for families.

By shirleew Updated Aug 31, 2003

Very nice resort in the choice Marina section of Puerto Vallarta. Had some damage to beach and pools during hurricane Kenna, but restoration is moving rapidly

Location and views are choice. Spacious units with kitchens, multiple baths, spa tubs and king size bedrooms. 4 pools available for hotel and condos with good beach access.

By charlotte Feb 4, 2003

This is an awsome resort! Nothing but the very best in every way! Rooms are majestic--- so comfortable also. Cleanliness is a way of life for this resort. All my children (grown) loved it also.