Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Reviews of Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

4.2

Have you been to Sheraton Broadway Plantation lately?

By colleenk11 Updated Aug 29, 2016

Very nice and clean for the most part. The pool area is really nice, however, the bar closes early. There is no convenience store or restaurant, however, the nearby area has endless possibilities for both (you can walk to some in the area). The rental costs are a little steep in the summer months, but well worth it if you have a family going. As far as smoking, the unit did not smell, but out on the patio did because people were smoking above and below our 2nd floot unit.

By judy325 Updated Jun 25, 2016

I am an owner at this resort, and I want to clarify that all the rooms at this resort are now non-smoking. (Smoking is still allowed on the balconies and in certain designed outdoor areas.)

Although some of the reviews here on Redweek mention smoking in the rooms, these reviews are mostly from about a decade ago, and the resort's smoking policy has since been changed to forbid smoking in the rooms. Additionally, the resort has been extensively renovated, with the rooms being recently painted, and with drapes and furniture replaced. Guests who smoke in their rooms are now assessed a $250 penalty. If by some chance you get a room where a previous guest broke the rules and smoked, the resort should be able to move you to a new room.

Here is the resort's official smoking policy, taken from the resort's website: "Smoking of any kind — including electronic cigarettes — is not permitted inside the villas, but is permissible on villa patios or balconies if so equipped. If signs of smoking are detected in your villa, a $250 fee will be applied to your folio. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas available throughout the resort. In addition, the resort observes local and state smoking ordinances that may prohibit smoking in some public places."

By carolm7 Mar 3, 2014

Re: Williams 976 - not sure who you spoke with because there is NO smoking in these villas! They must have misunderstood you. Please check again. (Maybe smoking on the balconies).

By williams976 Mar 2, 2014

After reading these reviews, I had to call myself. You can smoke in your room at this resort there are no non smoking rooms. I really find that hard to believe but its true. I was considering buying a resale unit here and now there's no way. I would really be upset if I found this out after the fact. I couldn't imagine driving all the way there (from Chicago) and then get there only to have the musty smell of cigarettes in the room. I have 2 small children myself and one has allergies. There are so many other properties in the area why go or worse buy at a resort that allows smoking in all of their rooms?

By patricias460 Updated Dec 15, 2015

We love going to the Sheraton Broadway Plantation. Check in has always been quick and the room is always clean.. The unit is so spacious and all units will have been refurbished by June 2012.

We wish the pool bar/grill was open in the off season as it usually opens in April and closes in Sept... It would also be nice to have a convenience mart on site for small items and sandwiches, etc. There are plenty of stores and restaurants nearby but you have to get in your car and drive. The wireless internet is slow and hopefully that will be upgraded... Other than these small matters, the place is wonderful and the staff is very accomodating.

By melissae72 Mar 13, 2012

Resort is located off the beach, but within 5 min drive/ 20 min walk. The pool/water amenities are exceptional for families with younger - tween aged kids. Grounds are well kept, and are a VERY nice alternative to the crowds & rowdy behavior typically found when staying on/ near the boardwalk. The renovations for all units are due to be completed by June 2012.

By dianas234 Jan 20, 2012

This is the nicest place to vacation

By antonion4 Jul 12, 2011

This is a great place to spend some time with the kids. There are lots of activities and things to do. It's about 5min. away from the beach and just besides Broadway on the Beach.

By jeffreyl100 Mar 25, 2011

I have enjoyed being an owner at SBP for many years. I have never had a room smell of smoke The policies of the Resort are No Smoking. There is not an ashtray anywhere in the Villas.

For those reviews that had a smoking problem I feel that the problem was more of an individual breaking the rules versus the property allowing smoking.

My question is for those individuals that experienced the problem, did not the resort change your room for you immediately?

Come on down it is a great place to stay.

By steves91 Jun 21, 2010

Great for family vacations. Clean beach and cheap activities.

By juliannt2 May 10, 2010

Great Resort !!! Great Location !!! Simply THE BEST!!!

By carols414 Sep 17, 2008

Good location, very good amenities

By darraughb Updated Jan 15, 2008

Sheraton Broadway Plantation is one of our favorite places to visit. The rooms are great, the guests are friendly and diverse and the staff are professional. I love the fact that there are activities for everyone in the family to get involved in. The indoor and outdoor pools and jacuzzi cater to everyone's needs. The new addition of the Lazy River Pool was fantastic. We love that it is adjacent from Broadway at the Beach which is in walking distance, plus it is only minutes away from the Ocean. We always find plenty of shells to take back with us. We love it!

By brianl5 Updated Jan 10, 2008

BIG, BIG negative.....we walked into our assigned unit and it reeked of cigarette smoke!! We immediately returned to the front desk, requested a "Non-Smoking" unit, and were told by the staff that ALL the units allow smoking. They tried to accommodate us by putting us into a newer unit, so the odor wasn't quite so strong.

The property is very nice. Well maintained. The pool area is great. Unfortunately, I will never stay there again because of their policy.

By joegolf Sep 1, 2007

Family just returned from 8/24 to 8/31 vacation. This was my 3rd time at the resort, not once experiencing any cigarette smoke in rooms. The rooms are spacious with master BR including jacuzzi bath, kitchen has full stove and refrigerator, and washer / dryer in the units is key for families.

The resort is excellent for families - indoor / outdoor pools are spacious with ample chairs and tables and the lazy river is a nice touch for the kids. Free gear provided for tennis, putt- putt, basketball, and shuffle board.

The resort is within walking distance of the Broadway at the Beach complex with its shopping, restaurants, IMAX, amusement park rides and nightlife. Le Grande Cirque show at The Palace Theater is very entertaining.

The biggest knock about the area is that it is a tourist trap. The image has improved over the years, but every activity sets you back $5-20 per person, even for cheesy places (Ripley's Believe It Or Not for example).

If you are a golfer then this is a great place to come for all levels of golfers with courses in all price ranges.

Overall, it is a great resort in a fun area. We will definitely return, but probably only a 5-day trip in the future.

By cynthiar63 Updated Aug 23, 2007

I have read the reviews for Sheraton Broadway Plantation and would like to share my own. I never realized you were allowed to smoke in the rooms, as I detest the smell of smoke and have stayed there twice and never smelled smoke!!! My brother an owner has been staying there for 13 years without ever noticing a smoke smell, in fact I called the Sheraton and they stated they use an air cleaner in the rooms so perhaps any one who experienced a smoke smell had demanded early check in without waiting for completion of the task...I don't know. All I know is I've stayed in hotel rooms on the beach and they don't even compare!! This is spacious with excellent customer service and activities for the kids without the loud mainstream noise of the main strip. I have children in 3 different age groups and there is something for each of them to enjoy!! All I'm saying is don't let the negative review about the smoke deter you as I've stayed in non-smoking hotels and smelled smoke, whereas that is not the case here.

By jackiej9 Updated Jun 13, 2007

The Sheriton is an awesome resort. It is not to far from the beach, but it is within walking distance of the boardwalk. we went on july 4 the they had a wonderful fireworks demo, the aquarium is there, planet hollywood, lots to do and see, we went to dixie stampede and midevil times, we went to Nascar park which had a climbing wall and lots of go carts. But the resort itself is guarded and is safe, very clean and I cannot wait to go again... Myrtle Beach is the Mini golf capital of the world and we went to a different course everyday there are so many and they are all so neat. Have fun....

By tom148 Updated Apr 2, 2007

I wish I could go there more often! The pools, hottubs, lazy river, fitness center, miniature golf, and tennis are all free and all in excellent condition. The staff is warm and friendly, the units are clean and up to date, and the area around the resort is fantastic! Perfect for families are the organized activities each day for children, and the kiddie pool. I have stayed there 4 times and I have never smelled any cigarette smoke. They have good ventilation.

By joannh22 Mar 26, 2007

Be sure to check carefully. Many of the postings say they are NO Smoking rooms. However, when you speak with a Broadway representative, not a Sheraton rep., you will find that ALL rooms are Smoking...not a single non-smoking room on the premises. Not a great place to stay if you are a non-smoker!

By art101 Sep 28, 2006

Great location! Staff is as good as anywhere I've been! My unit was brand new and very nice. Plasma TVs are nice. Screened in porches meant you could use anytime. Lets talk about why I couldn't give them 5 stars. 1. No maid service unless you paid for it. 2. Bathroom was skimpy compared to the rest of the unit. 3. You had to pay for coffee packets. 4. The grounds crew were always working but they made a lot of noise at times when I was in my unit (early or late in day).

I recommend them for a great place to stay in Myrtle Beach!

By thomas472 May 17, 2006

i have not yet visited the resort but just learned from info mailed to me this week that all rooms are smoking rooms. as somone who is very sensitive to smoke I am not looking forward to a great time. I think the resort and II should list this info

By valerieh25 Apr 24, 2006

We've been to this resort twice and had a blast both times. We brought kids, who loved every minute, as did the golfers. The resort offers so much, and more the second time than the first!

By mary1321 Updated Sep 15, 2005

This is one of the best resorts in Myrtle Beach. Why? Because of the location, staff, cleanliness, lazy river, pools, and tiki bar. The screened in porch is just another amenity to add to the dozens of others. The resort is gated and we always felt safe. At night everything is quiet, calm and relaxed. The buildings are built around ponds with fountains flowing in the center. The sound of the water is very relaxing.

The location was one of my favorite things about this resort. It is approximately a 5-7 minute walk to Broadway on the Beach, one of Myrtle Beach's most desired places for activities, restaurants, entertainment and shopping. At Broadway on the Beach there is Ripley's Aquarium (a must see), the new Jimmy Buffet's Margariettaville Restaurant, (best Nacho's I ever had) miniture golf, Johnny Rockets (best burgers and milk shakes in town), Planet Hollywood, and the all too famous, Palace Theater. There is an IMAX theater and also a movie theater with 9 screens. In the evening there are countless places of adult entetainment at "Celeberty Square". Fun, fun, fun! A single day at Broadway on the Beach will never give you a chance to do it all.

The beach is about a mile away but the resort more than makes up for that. There is an oversized, heated indoor pool that is an excellent means of exercise and fun for sunny days as well as rainy ones. There are two outdoor pools, a lazy river, a snack bar and plenty of lounge chairs to go around. There is also putt-putt golf(free). The exercise room could use a little maintenance ~ there were two machines that were not functioning properly. There were no restaurants on site, but who would even need one when there are so many great choices at Broadway on the Beach or up the road anywhere.

The unit had everything and more of what we needed. Plenty of space, exceptionally clean, great jucuzzi tub and plenty of privacy for everyone. We were in a 2 bedroom unit on the ground floor. Each building has 4 floors and there is excellent elevator service in each building.

I would very highly recommend this resort to anyone, young and not so young. I rate it 9.5

By kevin447 May 1, 2005

Very nice resort. The property is very well maintained and the staff were friendly. Our daughter enjoyed the indoor pool. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had a putt putt course and sand volleyball court on site.

The only down side was that in the smaller one bedroom units the beds were very small. The resort said it is a queen, but it is more of a full size bed. The recreation department could use some help. The kids had to teach the foreign workers simon says.

I would recommend this resort to anyone.

By harry337 Mar 28, 2005

This is truly one of the nicest (gated) resorts that I have seen in Myrtle Beach. A superb yet quit resort. Although not on the beach this resort makes up for that fact in many other ways due to it’s great location, location, location. Stayed in a clean and spacious, very well maintained & tasteful with bright colored décor (luxurious) one bedroom premium villa located in bldg 8 (March 2005). I’ll be back.

By amy748 Oct 8, 2004

This is one of the nicest resorts I have seen. Vert comfortable and spacious. Not loud like some others I have been to, quiet and private. Great for families and couples alike.

By jeff184 Jun 8, 2004

I work at this particular site, and I will say it is most definatly the nicest resort on the beach! They recently added the Lazy River and free putt putt golf on site for the owners and their guest's use! TOP NOTCH RESORT!

By bobnance Jan 15, 2004

Stayed there recently - Christmas week 2003 and really liked it. Beautiful large fairly new lock-out unit (1,300 sq.ft. plus - Bldg 11) with 4 TV's and a great screened porch overlooking a small lake! Nice indoor heated pool, nice outdoor pool semi-heated, but being used! Enjoyed the large outdoor jacuzzi in the evening. One tennis court (Hopefully more will be added as the resort expands), basketball court and shuffleboard. Some planned activities, but there could have been more as December's not beach weather and the amusement parks were closed.! Was in the 60's days and down to the 40's at night! LOTS to do in the area: Shows, miniature golf everywhere, Broadway at the Beach real close by (look up on internet- fun!), many buffets specializing in seafood, lovely parks and gardens, beach walking, bird watching, an alligator display that was surprisingly great. The resort was 1 mile from the beach, which was fine in the winter, but in the summer I would have liked to have been on the water. I would return to this resort with a smile on my face, summer would be better with 2 teens. The employees were great and local phone calls were free.

By heatherdcl Oct 19, 2003

A supurb resort which although not on the beach has a trolley that will take you to any of the local malls and attractions. The units are extremely well maintained, not at all tired looking. The kitchen is especially well equipped and the the 2 bathrooms in the two bedroom unit are tasteful and luxurious. We especially liked the screend in porch. We were glad that we asked for a downstairs unit for bringing in groceries.

By joannr Jun 8, 2003

Excellent staff, particulary the activities folks. Good assortment of planned activities for families - things for the kids and for adults (yoga, pool aerobics). Kiddie movies were provided without charge for one day's use. Hit movies are also available to rent.

There's a couple of playgrounds for the kids, BBQ grills and picnic tables, indoor/outdoor pool (deepest point doesn't reach 4 feet), shuffle board, tennis court, basketball court, volleyball court (sand).

The rooms were well laid out, with beach bright decor. They were spacious, clean, and in good repair. Each building group (Magnolia, Pines, Myrtles) have a view of a manmade lake with a fountain or two. Ducks and fish are happy to be fed if you're feeling generous.

The resort is close to entertaining shows (incl. dinner shows), variety of restaurants, water and other amusement parks, and for shopaholics - outlet malls, oh and golf too. If you study the layout, you'll find you're very close to the beach, close to all activities, and close to historical sites, including Charlestown, Brookgarden landscaping wonder, and the best seafood is on Murrill's Inlet. Captain George's Buffet is close to the resort, but from a previous experience (a year ago), I'd say save your seafood buffet feast for Murrill's Inlet.

By johnfornal Updated Jan 31, 2004

Stayed in Feb 2003, great place to use as base for the area, but not on the beach. A few Shows started Saturday in the first week in Feb. Sure was much warmer and nicer than NYC.

By iluv2travel Apr 24, 2003

Good location - near shopping, restaurants, and theaters, but away from heavy traffic - not too far from the beach.

In summer, activities director and property amenities are numerous.

Well appointed rooms with comfortable beds.

By glenmore Mar 13, 2003

Beautiful gated community with lovely grounds. Room are very comfortable and well furnished. Washer/Dryer, screened porch, 3 televisions in 2 BR units - loved it!

By shark105 Updated Jan 31, 2004

A beautiful resort. Clean and spacious.

By mcdoogle Updated Jan 31, 2004

I stayed in a one bedroom here in March 2000. It is nicely appointed with modern appliances. The decor is on the loud and bright side. The location is central. The exercise room is well equipped.