WorldMark Oceanside Harbor

Oceanside, California

Reviews of WorldMark Oceanside Harbor

Oceanside, California

4.2

Have you been to WorldMark Oceanside Harbor lately?

By sherryp2 Mar 28, 2015

World Mark Oceanside is one of my favorite resorts. Love being able to walk to the beach and boat harbor....views of the white water and mouth of the river. My grandchildren loved the train and it was not bothersome as it is only a commuter...that zips by...not industrial. If at any time there was something amiss in the unit, maintenance was there right away. Bedding is not that caliber that I have at home, but it works fine. Love the Penthouses....and the upgrades there. Love the large balcony's with plenty of room for my big family and private BBQ. Kids pool is nice for the little ones,

By loiss74 Updated Jan 21, 2011

Negative ratings are from many years ago and there have been lots of changes in the area - it has really grown up now - lots of shops and eateries along the Harbor which you pass on the way to the beach. There is usually some entertainment along the boardwalk in the evening hours, which is great.

Ocean tours are available, also. It is a terrific resort. I always have a great time here.

The train was no problem - it is just a small Amtrak train so the noise was minimal and really enjoyable to me. I loved it.

By emy82196 Jan 23, 2009

This is an awesome resort. We have stayed here many times, in many different rooms and it has always been fabulous. Service is awesome, the view is beautiful, the beach is a 5 minute walk at the most. Domenico's Italian restaurant, on the boardwalk, had the best pizza we have ever had. Our kids loved it. I read some reviews about the train noise. It is not a freight train ,but an amtrack train. The noise is very minimal and not much louder than the ocean waves you also hear. My kids thought the train was fun and a cool thing to get to see. The location is perfect. Just a few minutes from Legoland,a half hour to Sea World and an hour to Disneyland. If you haven't been to the San Diego Zoo it is a must see with children. We have been to many high end resorts all over the world and we always come back to WorldMark Oceanside. It is one of the best places to stay.

By worldmarkf Updated May 2, 2008

Great Resort. They did renovate all units in early 2008. Will go back anytime. Close to all attractions. Looking forward to our next stay July 4 2008.

By pick6jon Aug 31, 2007

The Worldmark misses the mark.

Average location with NO activities. We were there for a week and the had an arts and craft day and a Mary Kay demonstration (hardly an activity)

The pools were nice (too much clorine) AND ITS ABOUT A 10 MINUTE WALK TO HARBOR OR 15 MINUTE WALK TO BEACH.

All in all the staff was ok, young and not very knowledgable. Lots of smiles but no answers. The rooms are good size but kind of run down. There was alot of construction (cement and room work) which was kind of poor timing as we were there peak season August 2007. The charge for internet access $16.00 for the week or $5.00 per day but they do have 2 free use computers in the lobby which work sometimes. I understand that they will have in room access availble soon but didn't when we were there.

Food on site is poor but lots of good resturants close by

I'm not going back here or any Worldmark resort.

By sam107 Updated Aug 4, 2005

This resort is in a great location. Less then 5 minutes to the marina/pier and to some great restaurants. The beach is clean, not rocky, no seaweed. Good surfing and swimming.

The resort is new and the rooms nicely furnished and the staff is friendly. All units are facing the ocean. 5 minutes to Lego Land and 40 minutes to Disneyland, San Diego Zoo or Sea World.

Fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, TV with VCR/DVD player, stereo system with CD player, gas fireplace, telephone, private deck, gas barbecue and air conditioning.

By larry533 Jul 13, 2005

What the other 3 reviews say is all true, but what they leave out is that one end of the resort is close to a railroad track and the trains run from 5:30am until midnight, which prevented us from getting a good night's rest. The other end is close to I5 which is almost always busy, though the rooms probably don't rumble like ours did next to the track.

We stayed a few years earlier at the Grand Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad and that resort itself was better overall - bigger rooms, better pools, more activities on site, but you had to drive to the beach. Oceanside Harbor has a tennis court and basketball court which we enjoyed and every room had a barbecue grill. It was extremely convenient to be able to walk to the beach on July 4 and enjoy the fireworks from both Camp Pendleton to the north and the Oceanside pier to the south.

By shana1 Feb 18, 2005

Fantastic condos, with huge rooms and nice furnishings. Beautiful pool, and the location can't be beat...walking distance to the beach. We had a wonderful stay.

By byron28 Oct 17, 2004

Very family friendly, rooms are worldmark quality. Easy walk to the beach.