The Mill Resort & Suites

Palm Beach, Aruba

Timeshare reviews at The Mill Resort & Suites

Palm Beach, Aruba

By sharonp328 May 27, 2013

This timeshare is located in a quiet area of the island you walk across the street to the beach that is shared with the Westin Hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful.

By miker321 Feb 14, 2010

Reading some of the other reviews here, I felt it necessary to provide more recent information.

We stayed at The Mill in the summer of 2008. We had toured the facility in 2006, when it was under significant construction (*all* of the units were being remodeled from top to bottom). We had an amazing time. The staff is extremely friendly, the on-resort events are low-pressure, unique and fun, and the rooms are comfortable, clean, and well-equipped.

The Mill is a very unique resort to Aruba: it resides at the south end of the "high rise" area, and grants you access to the high rise Palm Beach areas, but is itself a low-rise resort, meaning much less crowding, fewer people, and more personalized attention. You're 2 blocks from the world-renowned Butterfly Farm, and 1 mile north of Eagle Beach. We would literally choose from day to day which beach environment we wanted to bask in, and everything is an easy walk from this location. (All beaches on Aruba are public, so you can sunbathe and swim anywhere you please.)

The food at the resort restaurant has high variety, yet is affordable, a rarity in Aruba. Also, the 2-for-1 happy hour serves drinks larger than a glorified shot glass. The Mill is relentless about making updates and improvements to its property; every year you'll be wowed.

If you're looking for an resort that gives you easy access to both the high-rise and low-rise resort areas, and is affordable from both a rental and cost-of-living standpoint, strongly consider The Mill.

By dawng21 Updated Sep 26, 2006

We were approached on the beach during our stay in Aruba this year by someone wanting us to tour The Mill Resort. For taking the tour we were to be given a 8 day/ 7 night "Caribbean Vacation" at any 5 star resort on the beach of our choice. At least that was what we were told, if we took the tour of The Mill Resort. We took the tour and what a joke. They started out pressuring us to buy a timeshare at the Mill Resort with the price being $10,200. We kept refusing and they kept coming down on the price. Their final price being $4,900. Of course we knew by now it was best to say NO !!!!! Suddenly the sales staffs smiles went off their faces and we were lead out. Not before I asked for the free week at any 5 star resort on a beach like they promised. When we came home I went right to work making the arrangements from the packet they gave us for that free week at the 5 star resort on the beach. The company on the packet was named "Spirit Incentives". I called Spirit Incentives customer service and was told they do not give 8 days/ 7 nights. They don't give you a definite 5 star resort on the beach. They told me to go on line to their web site to find a location for the week I wanted and the resorts would come up. Well, I worked for most of the day putting in every week of the year at many different resorts and each time the same thing, " none available " for the dates I wanted. I tried this over and over again at many many different resorts with many different dates. At least this was what I got each time I looked for a warm climate resort. Didn't even bother looking for a snow resort as why would I want a free snow week when I usually take my vacation in Aruba or any other warm resort. Gee something smells pretty funny here !!!! I think what gave it away was when our saleman for the Mill Resort had no teeth. Not that I'm against people with no teeth. It just seems to me, if you are trying to sell a timeshare to your resort, your appearance reflects your resort. Just to let you know, the man whos name is Damian approached us on the beach behind The Marriott Ocean Club. He told us he worked for the Mill Resort and gave us the appointment for the tour of the Mill Resort. We were staying at the Marriott Ocean Club for our week in Aruba in a timeshare owned by my brother. The Marriott Ocean Club is a class act. I wish I could say the same for The Mill Resort.. BUYER BEWARE !!! Don't end up wasting 1 1/2 hours touring the Mill Resort, save that time for accross the road on the beach.

By josephd85 Jul 24, 2006

The entire facility has been re-modeled. The staff is incredibly friendly and this place is in the high-rise area around a huge shopping and souvenier complex. If you stay out of the high-rise area you have to travel to the marina or elsewhere to do any shopping. Beach is right across the street, there are only a select few resorts that are on the beach, 90% of resorts here are not on the beach, but across the street from the beaches. I took my wife here for our 10 year anniv. and I cant wait to take the kids next year. Will probably vacation in Aruba for the rest of my life. Its paradise.

By alex500 Apr 14, 2005

I would never stay here again!! Can't believe this is a 5 star. Quite a walk to beach from resort. It is an older resort-elevator was broken while we were there,shower leaked water all over bathrm floor. They had no record of our registration-thank goodness we took all of our paper work. They issued wrist bands that you have to wear while staying there. I believe they have a problem with people walking in off street to resort. In the middle of the night front desk was calling our room-they had no record of anyone checked into the rm. Then, security came and tried to come into the room without even knocking on door. Not sufficient parking for cars. We had to park in a dirt lot beside resort. Terrible experience here.

By fiona62 Feb 16, 2005

Friendliest resort on Island, will return year after year, this is guaranteed as on our 2nd visit to the mill we bought our first timeshare there.

By jsbirdlady Jan 11, 2003

We stayed at The Mill in Nov.2001 and would definately go back. Small and friendly. Had a wonderful time. They were just working on remodeling at that time so it must look super by now.