Krystal International Vacation Club

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Timeshare reviews at Krystal International Vacation Club

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

By darrena5 May 9, 2007

Have stayed here several times, with my wife and three kids. Have also stayed at Vil del Palmar and others but like the Krystal the best. It has been receiving the upgrades it needs, and the renos are coming along nicely. What I like best about this place is that it seems the most Mexican of all the resorts I have stayed, and I mean that in the nicest way. This is the resort that the Mexicans come to when they are on vacation. And the massage is the very best in all of Mexico. Even when we stayed elsewhere, we always came back here for a massage or two. And it's cheap enough to have one everyday while you are here. Cannot say enough about this place. I do not own a timeshare week here, but I am strongly thinking of buying a week or two here.

By karen638 Updated Apr 27, 2007

This resort has gone through some pretty extensive renovations and is beautiful. They have a new hotel that is beach side and 1-3 bedroom villas with their own private pools. We purchased a villa during our October 2006 visit at another resort and got to see first hand the changes. We can't wait to use our new villa! If I could describe it in one word it would be "paradise". We love Puerto Vallarta. So much to do yet so laid back. Oh and I forgot to mention the spa! The massages my husband and I received were the best we EVER had and cheapest in town!

By ed445 Oct 7, 2005

Visited later part of August 2005, great weasther,Spa staff was excellent, romms were in the older section of the Krystal. But close to the beach, Bogarts was a walking distance away, the Mexican Fiesta was costly, and we were only offered 15% off meals and activities not As advertised. (20%)

By teredetepe Updated Aug 14, 2004

My recent trip to Puerto Vallarta was wondeful.We met a very frendly German copule. We talked about many thinks and have very similar ideas and again bumped into them at the "Mexican Fiesta" event put on by Krystal Resort. There were many places to eat out. One of my faborites is Bogart"s.It has wondeful interior delicias food and very rasonable prices.There is a fantastic pool with4 or 5 briges and direct view to the bieach.

By dow55 Updated Aug 8, 2003

We stayed at Krystal in Puerto Vallarta in June 2002. The furniture was unpleasant to sit on. The dinner buffet is very mediocre and the food choices were not top quality. The appliances were very old in the room, and should have been replaced. The kitchen was not practical for using. The pool was good, but it is more for college students with loud music. Bogarts restuarant in the front was great. This is not a five star club, perhaps a 3 star.

By kaybob4fun Jun 15, 2003

We would give the Krystal a strong 3.5 rating. Location is 4 star. The grounds are absolutely 5 star. Lush and green. The pools are beautiful (3 of them) and the resort is right on the ocean. The breakfast buffet is incredible. Dinner is so-so. Nice view from time share rooms of lovely pool, palms, landscaping, ocean. A very handy location. Very close to bus stops although taxis to town were $3/one way. We ate in town nearly every night at the square from the vendors (food is safe and good) or at little restaurants. Walked on the boardwalk every night along w/other tourists and Mexican families.

The Krystal has excellent English-speaking concierge staff. It is within walking distance (2- 3 blocks) of Wal-mart and Sam's Club--a nasty but convenient reminder that American comercialism is infiltrating the sweetness of Mexico.

Although the Krystal is an older property, it is well kept and we would definitely go back in a minute. Don't hesitate. Yes, the beds are hard as rocks. ALL Mexican beds are like that. We've stayed in time shares all over and those hard beds are the least pleasurable thing about Mexico that there is. Next time we'll take some kind of pad.

Viva la Mexico!

By stmichell Apr 19, 2003

Some friends traded for a week at this resort and invited us to go along. This resort probably has the nicest grounds and condos of any I have stayed at in our 10 years of being a timeshare owner. The Krystal is right on the beach and has a great pool area and swim up bar, where we spent quite a bit of time! Easy 5 minute (cheap) cab to downtown restaurants and shopping. Nice Place!

By brandonb1 Jan 24, 2003

I love this resort! However, it is in need of an update. But the grounds and pools are incredible! The resort is very Mexican, not glitzy. The view from one's balcony overlooking the grounds and the pools is beautiful! A strong 3 star, weak 4 star.