Big Cedar Wilderness Club

Ridgedale, Missouri

Reviews of Big Cedar Wilderness Club

Ridgedale, Missouri

4.7

Have you been to Big Cedar Wilderness Club lately?

By matthewk68 Oct 5, 2016

I love the Big Cedar Wilderness Club. The setting is gorgeous and the units are clean, comfortable, and decorated with a WOW factor in mind. I have enjoyed all of the various units that I have stayed in, but the cabins are my favorite.

By nicolem205 Updated Jul 13, 2014

We've stayed 3 years in a row in both the lodge and cabin. The lodge is nice, roomy, well equipped but the cabin is awesome! The resort is beautiful.

By jeffw396 Oct 10, 2013

The 2-3 bedroom cabins, presidential suites, and Long Creek 5 bedrooms are all excellent. There is lots to do on the property and around it (check out Dogwood Canyon), but we enjoy just being here.

By dane110 Jul 17, 2013

Best resort in central USA!

By audreyk40 Sep 19, 2012

This is our favorite midwest resort, and our favorite Bluegreen resort! The resort environment, decor, amenities, and location in the Ozark mountains are first class!!

By dorvanm Oct 27, 2011

Shuttle run through out the resort. Close to Branson but you might not want to leave the resort.

By philliph24 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Loved it! Even though the temperature and overall weather didn't cooperate we had a wonderful time.

The room was great, the beds were incredible (couldn't get it in my car), the view beautiful!

Highly recommend it.

By angelac196 Apr 26, 2008

My parents are timeshare owners and I grew up vacationing in condos. When I grew up and had a family of my own we bought Bluegreen. My point is: I've stayed in alot of condos/timeshares and this is the BEST ONE I've ever stayed in. It's like being in a rustic lodge and the units are clean. There's laundry in every unit which is nice. We have 3 kids, 2 of them are under 5 and they loved it. I have the type of rowdy kids that you're almost scared to take anywhere! They fished and rode horses and really enjoyed themselves.

If you go--you must, must go to Dogwood Canyon. It's pricey but it's so beautiful and the buffalo on the tour came right up to us. It's not like seeing them through bars or anything--you're right there with them.

My husband and I got to watch the sunset over the lake from the hot tub while the kids played in the pool. We're going back in August!

By craig108 Feb 5, 2008

We are Blugreen points owners. After staying at big cedar wilderness club one year (in a two bedroom cabin), we stayed the next two years because we have never been any where better. We decided to try something different last year, but we are going back to Big Cedar again this year. Also if you go there; be sure to go to Eureka Springs Arkansas (one hour or less away)worth the trip.

By christine1295 Aug 29, 2005

Big Cedar is the epotome of an Ozark getaway! No where in the Ozarks will you find a resort of this luxury. The attention to detail can be seen from the moment you drive onto the resort property right down to the warm homemade cookie placed on your pillow each night. I have had the privilege of staying at both the Big Cedar Wilderness Club as well as at the original Big Cedar Lodge. This is truly a resort you could vacation at and never need to leave the resort during your stay. Everything is right at your finger tips. From dining, to shopping, to lounging at the pool or renting a boat or jet ski. The food is fabulous. The staff is among the friendliest I have encountered. This resort is very difficult to get a reservation for. If you have the opportunity to visit, grab it while you can!

By stlchris Sep 8, 2003

This is a fabulous resort. We have been going to Big Cedar Lodge for years and when they started the Wilderness Club we jumped at the chance and bought right away. Johnny Morris of Bass Pro is the developer, and, just as at Big Cedar Lodge, the attention to detail makes this place special. The log cabins have hardwood floors, stained glass windows, floor to ceiling river rock fireplaces, jacuzzi tub, large deck with gas grill and are decorated with real wildlife mounts of deer, birds, etc. Check out www.big-cedar.com as they are similar. These cabins at Big Cedar would rent for $500/nite in the summer, they are that nice. The lodge units are also nice and the buildings are situated to give the best views of Table Rock Lake or the Ozark mountains. The new culbhouse with lazy river, water slide, hot tub and indoor pool is great and is the best facility between the two properties. Both places share use the same facilities so timeshare users can also use the marina, stables for horseback or carriage rides, full service spa, mini golf, tennis, resort shuttle, restaurants, pools, golf, children's programs and special activities. There is so much to do that in the 6+ years we have been going there, we have never once gone into Branson because we don't want to leave the resort. Make sure to go see Clay Self who sings at the Buzzard Bar Thurs - Sun nites. You can even take the kids - he is great with them. Reservations are hard to come by, even for owners, so if you get the chance, go for it - you'll be glad you did!