San Felipe Resort

San Felipe, Mexico

Reviews of San Felipe Resort

San Felipe, Mexico

4.3

Have you been to San Felipe Resort lately?

By kazuyo1 Jan 8, 2008

We stayed here in summer of 2006 (exchanged for 2 bedroom which is very hard to get!) and 2007 (paid cash - and very expensive!). Once this property was rated as RCI Gold Crown; however, the maintenance has been deteriorated and now the rooms are rather shabby, but still comfortable enough-not a luxury accommodation. I have travelled all over Mexico, this does not bother me at all. They do have a kitchen; fridge, cooking range, microwave, utensils, etc. Overall propeprty is rather nicely maintenanced. The best is the beach; I consider it the best in whole San Felipe - right in front of the rooms, with palapas and beach chairs. The pina colada trucks drive by and all you have to do is wave and they serve you fresh pina colada in a fresh pineapple! My daughter and I enjoyed the ultralight flights last summer right from the beach- amazing! Other recreations are available right from the beach. There is a fresh water infinity pool and a bar on the beach. The restaurant is nothing fancy, but good enough. We went fishing and brought fresh fish and had them prepared at the hotel restaurant for only about $5-you have no idea how good it was!!! San Felipe itself is a small Mexican fishing town and a shrimp capital. The food, especially the shrimp and fish are excellent. If you are planning to come to San Felipe by expecting the 5-star, luxuirous service hotels you are in a wrong place. San Felipe is a place to enjoy the diversity of beautiful Sea of Cortz (Natural aquarium called by Jacque Cousteau) and the dry land of desert with giant saguaro cacti and the spiny stick-like cocotillos and dirt buggy rides with dusts, breath- taking sunrise and sunset, star studded night sky, shell filled beach, friendly people, breezy ultralight flights, fun banana boat rides, fishing in a panga boat with the pelicans waiting to get a share of your fresh catch; then you are at the right place. This is a place to experience something completely different from what we have in US. Flexibility and openess are the keys to enjoy here. I recommend this resort because of the great location. Hope you get to experience what my family and I could!

By margepd Mar 20, 2003

We stayed at this great resort which is just south of the downtown area (which is a plus due to traffic and noise).The resort is just awesome..sits on the Sea of Cortez,with the best views,decor is very nice,very clean,nice service,great food ...and very secure!!Very impressed!!