Timeshare reviews at Sole Vacation Club at Sunscape Tulum

Tulum, Mexico

By jgieske Aug 8, 2010

beware we bought a timeshare, beautiful resort HOWEVER they are not honoring timeshare owners w/o paying additional 1-2k even though it is a beautiful place, please do not give them your business there are better places in the area that did not take such pleasure in stealing owners money

By melissa649 Jul 20, 2008

Sorry to hear that Marks52 had such a bad experience with Sunscape Tulum. It looks as if his problem was with his planning with RCI. Of course there is a rocky beach and visitors will find this up and down this remote coast. Apparently resorts are not allowed to clear the coral due to eco friendly government regulations. I would recommend that you go to and look up this resorts over 1200 reviews. The vast majority of them give it 5 stars. You can really get a sense of this resort from these reviews rather than basing your decision on one angry person's review on this website.

By marks52 Updated Jul 27, 2007

I f I could give this place zero stars, I would. First of all, it is now called Dreams, Tulum and the address is actually on kilometer 236, not 234. I did an RCI exchange here July 8, 2007. What a mistake! I had reserved a 2 bedroom suite and an additional hotel unit by using 2 of my banked weeks at my home resort. Dreams only provided me with 3 non adjoining hotel rooms scattered across the property! I was told that their contract with RCI only required that they give hotel rooms to RCI members regardless of what was reserved! What a crock! So, my family barely had any time together; no one's room was large enough for us to assemble and all sit down. I feel terribly abused and taken advantage of by these bandits. They even raised the all-inclusive price to $168/day from the $123/day listed. The staff lied and were surly. THE BEACH THAT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL IN THESE PICTURES IS SO FULL OF SHARP CORAL THAT IT IS MOSTLY UNSAFE TO SWIM HERE; I SAW ONE ITALIAN WOMAN CUT HERSELF SO BADLY THAT THE OCEAN AT HER FEET WAS RED AND SHE HAD TO BE CARRIED OFF THE BEACH. Unless you are in the mood to spend a lot on airfare and like getting screwed on vacation, AVOID THIS PLACE AS IF IT HAD THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

By mikebracco Updated Mar 28, 2005

This is one of many favorable reviews found at

Id like to add my kudos to the others who think so highly of Sunscape. We were there a week Nov. 7 14. Wait staff was terrific each and every one of them aimed to please and they were most appreciative of tips. Although many have commented on the lack of activities, it was a perfect vacation for my s/o and myself, as we wanted a totally relaxing week. This well exceeded our expectations. The rooms are very nice not luxurious but above adequate. Nice size bathroom with double-sinks and hairdryer, mini-frig that is kept well stocked with beer, soft drinks and water. Rooms tend to be a little musty smelling but the odor is something you notice upon entering the room but soon become adjusted. I have allergies and I was fine. Restaurants were excellent we particularly liked the Italian one (scallops are delicious). Pool is lovely and well maintained the deepest section is a little over 5 ft. There are several activities that go on in that area, if you wish to participate. Stretching on the beach, aerobics, water exercises, water volleyball, volleyball on the beach. We preferred to bask in the glorious sun and be waited on hand and foot. Beautiful, well-maintained beach, nice lounge chairs and cabanas for those who dont want as much sun. The beach in front of the hotel is a rocky and Id advise bringing some water shoes. However, a little further down there is a very nice that is not rocky. Kayaks are available, free for one hour. Snack bar by the pool is quite slow so we preferred to order food by the pool. The Hacienda has a wonderful salad bar too that we also enjoyed at lunchtime. The gym was certainly fine with an attendant always on duty to lend a hand with unfamiliar equipment. Bicycles are complimentary and there is a bike trip daily to Tulum. The outside bar attendants, Dalia and her husband Ulises, were the best. Everyone loves these truly delightful, hard working, energetic and ambitious folks. We didnt do much touring but did go to Playa del Carmen in the public van. That was terrific and certainly the cheap route to take. $2 for the almost ride. We didnt buy much in Playa but we did find them much cheaper than the hotel and Tulum. For example, a sarong at the hotel was $27, in Playa it was $4.90 (no bargaining), and in Tulum it was $20 (after bargaining and going to several vendors) same sarong different locations. We also took the public van to the Tulum ruins ($1) and the ruins were absolutely spectacular, setting right on the Caribbean. We also went to the Lapis Factory (we were disappointed and certainly glad we didnt go with a group as we would have been stuck there). Was dreaming Id find great silver earrings or lapis but that didnt happen. Do bargain with them as a lady purchased a silver bracelet started her negotiations at $550 and got him down to $130. A couple of hints: do bring mosquito spray they werent bad but it was needed. Bring lots of $1, $2, and $5 for tips. Although it is all-inclusive, we were so impressed by their service and efficiency, we felt it was the least we could do and they were forever grateful. Granted those that didnt tip, also had excellent service.