Club Privilege du Mont-Tremblant

Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada

Timeshare reviews at Club Privilege du Mont-Tremblant

Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada

By twostep94 Jul 20, 2013

My husband and I were there in July 2013 and stayed in a 1-bedroom unit with a sleeper couch. The area itself is nice and the resort is only a few minutes from the ski resort. Town was only a minute in the other direction and had a decent grocery store and some nice restaurants. Saint Jovite, a larger town with more restaurants, a larger grocery, and some quaint main street shopping was only about 15 min away. There are lakes all over up there, so probably plenty of water sports available. We were actually in the area for the annual Blues festival at the ski resort so we didn't check the lakes at all. We did drive a few hours in each direction over the course of the days, and there really isn't much else in the area. If you are a biker, there are tons of bike trails in the area. The only amenities at the resort are a swimming pool and a tiny gift shop.

The unit itself was quite dated and some of the furnishings didn't fit well, giving the impression they were added as an afterthought. The upstairs bedroom was very cramped, but I think that is probably normal for mid-class ski lodging places. The wardrobe in the bedroom was a bit short - normal shirts hung in it dragged on the bottom. The bed was too firm for my preference, but others might like it that hard.

Summer months are warm and humid in that area. The unit is designed such that you get no real air flow and there is no air conditioning, which we didn't expect given the location. However, they only provided a single standup fan downstairs, whereas the upstairs desperately needed a fan of its own. We actually ended up buying a box fan to sit on top of the wardrobe in front of the small window. The standup fan blowing on high was still a lower speed that the cheap box fan blowing on low, hence it really didn't help much.

Cleanliness and maintenance was a bit of an issue and reminded me more of a really cheap motel. The upstairs shower has dissolved soap buildup in the soap tray, a few hairs along the back of the sink, the shower floor was sticky and the towel bar was falling off the wall. Both bathrooms needed grout and caulk work. The kitchen and bathroom floors had not been swept very well as both had food in the corners.

Overall, I wouldn't stay at the resort again unless I really wanted to be in the area and there was nothing else available. Even then, if it was during the warm humid months, my husband would likely still pass.

By marylyn1 Feb 16, 2007

Great resort and location. Only a few minutes to the slopes on the shuttle bus. If you go make sure you see the little chickadees that abound in the winter. The resort has been done over and each unit sleeps six. There is a lovely fireplace in the villa. We found Mt Tremblant and Club Privilege to be the perfect ski vacation.