Cibola Vista Resort and Spa

Peoria, Arizona

Reviews of Cibola Vista Resort and Spa

Peoria, Arizona

4.5

Have you been to Cibola Vista Resort and Spa lately?

By dorvanm Updated Dec 9, 2016

My family and I stay at this resort at least once per year. Love being there for Spring Break and MLB Spring Training. Great pool and the staff if very helpful. Many activities and attraction in the Phoenix area. This resort is a great central location for any destination around the area. Update: This resort continues to grow and gets better every time we visit.

By johnh1013 Dec 17, 2014

Check in was quick and efficient. Called a week in advance with a couple of requests for our room location, all requests were granted. We were in room #2143, located on the quiet side of the resort with shade on the deck at sunset.

The unit was very clean and in order. The grounds at Cibola are very well landscaped with pleasant walk ways for enjoyment. The pool is very large with a water slide. The adult pool is smaller with a small bar and food choices, nice area to visit with additional guests. The resort rents to the public.

The next stop was at the Welk Resorts in Escondido, Ca. While unpacking I noticed that my small bead pillow (used for comfort while sleeping between my two new knees :) was left under the covers at Cibola. I called the next day and left a message with housekeeping, I would have certainly paid for the pillow to be returned. It has now been 40 days since I left the message and have heard nothing from the resort. Very disappointing that someone could not have spent five minutes for a return call.

By jackieg155 Jul 30, 2014

I love this resort. We have stayed here many times. The rooms are very nice and the pools are beyond amazing. We have stayed at this resort as a family and spent a lot of time in the main pool area. My girls love the slide and whirlpool area and I love hanging out on the beach entrance and the huge jacuzzi that the resort just put in. When my husband and I stayed without the kids, we spent a lot more time in the adult pool and spa area just relaxing. The spa is also amazing here.

By phyl21 Apr 10, 2011

Master suites are spacious, modern and very comfortable. Grounds are clean and very nice. Enjoyed the cactus gardens, tennis and basketball courts. Adult pool is quiet and relaxing. There is also a very large pool for families with many activities. One of the nicer timeshares we have stayed at.

By laurab423 Mar 23, 2011

We stayed here for spring break and was only able to acquire the Jr 1 bedroom. It was like staying in a very small cave. Very dark and we could not keep the curtains in the main room open because people were able to see right in on us. The other two windows faced the adjacent building so not one open view of sunshine to be had. The pullout couch was so uncomfortable that our kids chose to sleep one on top of the couch and one on a stack of blankets on the floor. The grounds are very drab and brown. The pool is nice, cold and very quiet. This is an extremely small "resort" that is more like a glorified apartment complex. Will not be back.

By julia414 Updated Jun 26, 2010

Stayed for Spring Training - excellent, excellent, excellent. We first thought it was alittle out of the way to all the Ball Parks - but once we found all the short cuts (no help from Garmin) - we were off and running! Quiet, yet full of life! Pool area was GORGEOUS. Staff was very helpful and very friendly. Stayed in a Jr Suite-agree with other review that it was a little dark. We are definitely staying there again in 2011

By j260 Mar 21, 2010

Great location for Spring Training games. Beautiful resort out of the way yet just blocks from most anything you need. The staff were always polite and helpful. The adult pool is perfect when you want a place away from kids, and the big pool is great for families. The water slide was great fun. The master unit was beautiful and well furnished. The studio was actually nicer than the junior suite I had most of my stay. It was more than adequate for 2, but dark. Not much natural lighting. Perhaps other juniors have better lighting. Plenty of activities for adults and kids. Went through sales presentation to get comp. room for an extra night. Low key. We were upfront with the fact that we had plenty of timeshare already and weren't going to buy, and there was no big push. Really appreciated that. Would love to go again. I wish more owners would put their units up for exchanges.

By bridgets30 Updated Apr 14, 2009

This resort is beautiful inside and out. They are in the process of adding some additional units and other amenities which will make this a treasure for families. Our family participated in horseback riding, cowboy dinner, jewelry making and various other off-site activites but all within a few miles of the resort.

By pattif28 Aug 13, 2008

this resort is in a desirable section of az. It is close to many attractions, western theme parks, sedona, grand canyon, casinos, las vegas, lloyd wright museum, pro baseball ,football hockey and many other sport attractions. and 300 days of sunshine.

By sjd2 Jan 1, 2008

Stayed in the guest side (B side) of a lockout, which was nice sized with full kitchen and washer/dryer. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The planned activities were fun and interesting. Only disappointment were the furnishings: large stain on living room carpet, bedroom curtain hem was torn, ripped chair cushion, food smear on couch. Would have given this resort a 5 star rating except for the furnishings.

By gdt717 Oct 21, 2007

Excellent resort! One of the best we have been to.

As noted previously, we too took the sales tour - and not a high pressure presentation. And as noted, this is a smaller resort, but they have plans to grow, in fact a very, very large pool complete with water slide is set to open in November, 2007.

The units are very nice, very roomy, nicely furnished, excellent decor. The staff just awesome - especially Debbie at the poolside. She pampers you like no one else.

We will definitely go back again.

By gary1576 Feb 14, 2007

A really first class resort. Even the "B" side has a full kitchen and washer/dryer. And you won't find a friendlier staff. We really enjoyed our stay there. The only drawback might be that you have to drive a ways to restaurants, etc. but they are building stores & restaraunts close by as we speak. We took the sales tour & there was no pressure to buy. We would go back there in a heartbeat.

By corneliaf2 Jan 27, 2007

Brand new beautifully appointed timeshare resort. The staff was very helpful at every turn; it is in a quiet NW corner of Phoenix outside city traffic but within easy travelling distance to sports, lakes, history, mts., etc. - highly recommend.

By stevedykstra Nov 25, 2006

Everything at the resort is NEW! Its a fantastic resort and its location to the Seattle Mariners Spring Training Park is outstanding, making this the place to stay for spring training adventures!

By gilgamesh_az Updated Aug 8, 2006

Nice place but will be better when it's finished.