The Hammocks at Marathon

Marathon, Florida

Reviews of The Hammocks at Marathon

Marathon, Florida

4.0

Have you been to The Hammocks at Marathon lately?

By georgec176 Apr 18, 2012

Nice place, everything is right there. Staff was extremely helpful. Watch your speed.

By terris165 Jun 30, 2011

I have stayed here at least once a year for the last 4 years. I love the location, which is more laid back then Key West, but close enough to visit for a day. There is a wave runner shop right next to the resort where we always rent for an hour. The pool and tiki bar are great for lunch, snacks, or dinner.

The local eateries are decent (I like Hurricane Tracker for the music, really good pizza, and local bar atmosphere), but make sure the ask the concierge who knows everything about the area. The Stuffed Pig for breakfast is also good.

The 2nd bedroom in the 2 bedroom that doesn't have a window can be dark. I asked for another lamp since there wasn't a ceiling light in mine. The one bedrooms are perfect as is.

By gibbsroang Feb 1, 2009

We visited this resort in mid-January. Our weather was chilly for the area, but the resort and the location were wonderful. We found all of the people working at the resort to be helpful and very pleasant. The drive to Key West was beautiful and we were directed to two excellent restaurants on the water in Marathon. The food was great at both...at Frosty's we were thrilled to have a beautiful sunset viewing during our meal. We had a studio on the third floor. We could see the Gulf from our balcony. The room had a king bed, microwave, toaster, and small refrigerator. It would be too small for a long stay, but for 2 nights, it was fine. The room was clean, and they had everything we needed in the room.

By daniellel45 Jul 14, 2007

Stayed in March (spring break). The facility is clean, our room was great. It's quiet and very laid-back atmosphere. They really do have hammocks near the water for guests to lounge in!

By janice Apr 26, 2005

I am a Bluegreen owner and visited the Hammocks in January of this year. The resort is new and is well maintained. The staff was very friendly and my family was quite pleased with our accommodations.

The Hammocks at Marathon is the ideal location if you want to be in the center of activity. You are at the halfway point to Key Largo and Key West! We were not disappointed!