Barefoot Resort & Golf

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Reviews of Barefoot Resort & Golf

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

4.2

Have you been to Barefoot Resort & Golf lately?

By daveherber Feb 27, 2007

This is a golfers paradise! 4 championship golf courses by noted architects Davis Love, Greg Norman, Tom Fazio, and Pete Dye - all at one resort! If this resort and golf was located in California or Southern Florida, the prices for golf and lodging would easily be double!

We have stayed three times - in new 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condominiums in the associations of River Crossings, The Havens, and Ironwood. All of the condos have been in beautiful condition and are fully furnished. Each condo development has its own swimming pool - which is nice and close to the condos.

Barefoot has a beautiful, large, grass driving range that does operate at night "under the lights" during the peak season. Located at this driving range is a Nike Golf Training Center, a restaurant, and a pro shop with ample golf equipment.

There are 3 restaurants located within the resort that can be utilized. There is a nice restaurant located adjacent to the pro shop that overlooks the water laden 18th hole of one of the courses, a sports bar/restaurant located at the driving range, and a restaurant located on the intracoastal waterway named Dockers that is on the marina. We have tried them all and found the food excellent at very reasonable prices.

In the summer, Barefoot also runs a hourly shuttle service to the nearby public beach. Therefore, you get the best of both worlds - a tranquil golf setting and beach access when you want it - a great combination!

Barefoot Resort is located in a beautiful, quiet, upscale area of North Myrtle Beach. Just outside the entrance to Barefoot Resort, Barefoot Landing is located with numerous shops and restaurants to enjoy. Also located at Barefoot Landing is House of Blues restaurant/night club, and Alabama Theatre. Additional great dining can be had at Barefoot Landing - Greg Normans Grille - with great dining and atmosphere!

This is a great resort located in a great area that is perfect for golfers and families alike. You will love it - we sure have!

By mercedita2 Updated Apr 30, 2006

We just came back from this resort (Barefoot Resort and Golf). I spoke with 2 families who claimed they've been at this resort but cannot describe it so we had to see for ourselves. I am glad we did! It is a typical place to relax. Lots of golfers - can't hardly find a parking space where you check in. Although it was just me and my husband, we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa. Housekeeping is excellent - appliances, bathrooms & everything are very clean. I am rating it as 4 because it is not oceanfront and I can hear the people staying above our unit walking around so much. There was no dishwashing liquid & vegetable peeler which is minor - overall, it was very good. We will definitely come back. My comliments to all of the customer representatives and the houseeping staff. Great job, everybody!!

By thomas862 Updated Oct 1, 2004

Stayed here Sept. 03, Clean, large sized 2BR units, (almost or next to new) I was in section called River Crossing, which is in the back and furthest section from kings highway.

AC didn't work but maintenance staff fixed it. No activity program for families, children or adults.

Not many people were at this facility since one of the 03' hurricanes was suppose to touch down that week, all we got was a little rain.

Built around the classy but expensive Barefoot Resort golf courses, LOve, Norman Fazio etc.