preview the new redweek.com!

Marriott's Grand Chateau Reviews

Reviews of Marriott's Grand Chateau in Las Vegas, Nevada, posted by RedWeek members.

Member Reviews
  • Staff/Service: 4 out of 5
  • Cleanliness: 4 out of 5
  • Sleep Comfort: 4 out of 5
  • User: kelvinm2

Resort has come a long way since my last visit- new large pool with firepits, outside bar etc and they still have the tiny rooftop bar also as far as I know.. so great two options! Large lobby bar with food option (apps only for now), coffee shop, new taxi pickup area and the room we had was spotless clean and looked brand new... Only issues are ongoing construction this year which limits the number of elevators for guests to use and our shower was not sealed so some water leaked into the bathroom floor when showing. Once construction is completed this will be fabulous for a vacation.

• Sleep Comfort: 4 out of 5
  • User: rhondac86

Stayed here is July, an owner. My first visit, room very good, spacious. The exercise room was great. The only major issue that I have with it, and it is a big one, is the rooftop pool and bar. This is nearly ridiculas by Las Vegas standards. No shade anywhere and the pool reminded me of an oversized bathtub.

• User: ronald118

Our two bedroom and bathroom condo is listed as 1252 square feet; this is not spacious, but very congenial for my wife and me. The villa has two king beds and two sofa beds. Because the Las Vegas Blvd. area is highly developed with timeshares, hotels, motels, and the recent CityCenter, Marriott offers elegant, guileless refinement. Granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms compliment the walnut cabinets. The villas feature the standard industrial grade carpet; the furniture and accessories tend to resemble French provincial, and are comfortable. The combination living room and dining room features a large, wall-mounted HDTV and DVD player with a broad selection of TV cable channels. Cell-phone reception is fine. The all-important Wi-Fi connectivity is complimentary, truly high speed, and flawless. Marriott’s designer (decorator) service is an expression of sophisticated elegance. Several framed mirrors and pleasant framed prints add some stylishness to the villas. The HVAC system is totally functional, and the mandatory washer and dryer enhance the vacation experience.The Marriott Grand Chateau is 37 floors high with six elevators offering high-speed service. Floor 37 has an elevator to the rooftop pool area. A rooftop pool cannot match the swimming pools of the Marriott Resorts that are in California, South Carolina, and Florida; however, the pool is a pleasant outdoor retreat at 38 stories. The bar is well stocked by a professional bar tender. The 360-degree views are delightful in both day and night.The Marriott Grand Chateau Resort is arguably one of the most imaginative resorts in the Las Vegas Blvd. area. The Marriott Grand Chateau Resort provides intimate and agreeable accommodations near the Strip and within driving distance of several national parks. We plan several future visits to this tony resort.

• User: brions3

I have stayed at the Grand Chateu many times as i am an owner there and have not had any bad experiences. There was a time when construction noise was an issue but that was due more to construction next door and on the City Center which is across the street. The Property itself is set back a long block from the strip but only about a half block from the entrance to the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood.

I read things about people not getting upgrades or perks if they have issues and not having amenities such as a spa or gambling, ect.. but the thing you have to remember is this location is NOT a hotel it is a timeshare. It is in effect like renting someones home which means there may be issues from time to time as the owners are the ones that foot the bill for upkeep not Marriott.. Marriott just manages what the owners put in and uses the money appropriately to fix things.. Starting in 2011 this property is going to start going through the upgrade/replacement process so many of the things that might not be functioning fully should all be fixed.

Personally I love the property and the location that is why I own there.. There have been a few times that I have had to call maintenance and they were quite on top of things (granted some things can't always be fixed easily). I have stayed as both an owner and a trade back-in and there are some differences in views. Owners tend to get the upper floors (so if renting on here from an owner you are more likely to get a higher floor.. better view) The pool currently is small and it is rooftop located however, you can go next door to the planet hollywood and use their pool with your room key. The Chateau is to get a bigger pool when the third tower is built however due to the economy they are holding off on that...

All in all it is really an excellent location but don't expect mints on the pillows, champagne, and cocktails for your issues as you are not at a hotel.. That reminds me if you do not rent a room through mariott there is no daily maid service even as an owner. You have to clean up after yourself.. Though if you do need something they are there to provide it (ie Extra towels,pillows ect...)

• Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Cleanliness: 3 out of 5
  • User: evlevin

I stayed in a lock-off. My request for a "Strip" view, which I was told I had, was filled with a 'sort of strip + ugly parking lot & ugly building" view. Aside from various items not working or working properly,and items missing from the inventory, there was a recurring bad odor. After 3 nights it got so bad that I had to be moved, at midnight, to a 'no choice' room. I was told by the nice engineer that the bad odor (came up through the bathroom drain) seemed to be a seasonal problem & nothing had been done to identify the cause or to fix it from the source. I thought that for my considerable inconvenience of having to pack & move ALOT of stuff (I was attending a convention, and had a frig-full of food) they should have offered some accommodation - a bottle of wine, something. All I got was "we're sorry". The rooftop pool is far too small. So crowded along with the packed pool deck that we just turned around & forgot about it. No place in the timeshare to eat, or drink other than the outdoor rooftop bar that was out of the question in 108 degree heat. The a/c unit in the lock-off is also poorly placed. All the air blows directly at the small table so you're freezing if eating or doing work there. The bed area, however, is stuffy at the same time. The 'villa' served its purpose & I got a great deal on 'getaway' but I would not be inclined to return unless I had occasion to visit Vegas again & got a similar great deal.

• User: ernestj5
  • Updated: Aug 22, 2010

We have recently stayed a the Marriott Grand Chateau and find that is location is the best. You can walk to the center of the strip in less than three minutes to go visit any of the large casinos and shops. Push your way along the strip and when you are ready to rest just head to the quiet of the MGC. No smoke, or noisy people to deal with. It is really a relaxing atmosphere. We got an invitation to stay at the Bellagio for a few nights and could not wait to get back. Just too many people congregating everywhere at the Bellagio. The pool is very small on the roof but you can use Polo Towers pool next door if you really want to do some serious swimming. Bar on the roof with a spectacular view day or night. The new Las Vegas city center is within sight a rock throw away. The MGC rooms are practically new and very nicely decorated with full kitchens if needed. There is no restaurant on the property, but you have dozens and dozens of choices within a short walk. We highly recommend the MGC.

• User: davidm1227

• User: jazz516

Obviously dennish144 stayed at a studio lock off (last reviewer before me) which is still bigger than an ordinary hotel room and equipped with a wet bar. We stayed in a 2 BR unit and it can compare to a luxury condo equipped with a full size kitchen and a huge living room,the 2nd BR is a studio unit with it's own bath and a mini kitchen. If one needs to stay in a quiet place in Las Vegas after all the noise and glitter to really relax, then Marriott Grande Chateau is best suited for you.City Center is just across the street and it is basically the Las Vegas version of Rodeo Drive, only better because it is in one roof. Lots of restaurants there too. Planet Hollywood is also across the street with lots of moderate price cafe and restaurants.

• User: williamc211
  • Updated: Mar 22, 2010

My wife and I come to Vegas allot (10-15 times a year) and have Stayed in almost every resort. Marriott's Grand Chateau is by far the BEST ONE YET!!

The staff is so nice and the room amenities are the best!! Why would Anyone stay at a Hotel and just get a bed and a bathroom for 150

• User: dennish144
  • Updated: Mar 2, 2010

I am surprised by the high marks others give this property. It is really just another Las Vegas hotel with poor on-site facilities - not really a Marriott vacation experience.

• User: bonniea16

My husband and I just returned from the MGC after a one week stay in a 2 bedroom lockoff. It was amazing!!!! We were on the 27th floor our view was looking at the Planet Hollywood and unfortunately the construction which you could do anything about.. Our room was gorgeous. We had a full one bedroom and then a studio unit with a second bathroom and a small kitchenette. The location to say the least was perfect. We came out the front of MGC to walk right across Harmon and into The Mile shops mall (Dessert Passage) and we cut through there to get to Las Vegas Blvd. It was about a 5 minute walk through the mall .. You end up at Earls Sandwich and the Casino of PH. We own 4 timeshares at Sheraton in Orlando and even with all the upgrades to that resort it does not even compare (room beauty) to MGC. The pool I have to say was very very small and if you got there around 10:00 to 11:00 you were guaranteed a chair but not much after that until after 2:00. It was on the 38th floor and the view at night was amazing. We had a drink one night and just sat and enjoyed it. It was closed the last 3 days due to high winds but we walked over to PH and had a blast there with music all day and a great pool. You just show your key and you allowed to use the pool there and they have 2 pools.. a much nicer pool and resort for that than MGC. I would have to only give the pool area a 2* it offers chairs and a bar that was it and very small.. also internet is free . You get a BRIDGE from the front desk ($100.00) on your card but they credit you back upon checkout and it was the fastest internet in a hotal room that I used.. All in all MGC was magnificent!!!! There are no restaurants on site but in 5 minutes upon entry to the mall across the street there are about 4-5 as soon as you walk in so don't worry . You will love it here and will not be dissappointed.. Best holiday ever in Vegas..

• User: winniel9

Best timeshare I have ever been. Professional management, convenient. You get it all!

• User: deenaw
  • Updated: May 5, 2008

My husband and I just returned home from LVN,(MARCH2008) we stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau for 4/3 and we both were very impressed with everything overall.The location was excellent. The marriott is all smoke free which is great, the hotel is emmaculate.We visited on a timeshare offer and was not pressured into buying anything, however, Marriott sold us a week or two 4/3 to come back and stay with them, with ownership privilges.There is no restuarant on site, which is ok considering all the buffets around LVN for affordable prices.We had a great view of the mountains and partial view of the strip,we were up high, room 3414 and the noise level was minimal if any at all, Sunday March 2,2008 once we checked into our room we didn't leave our room until Monday afternoon and it was quiet the wholetime (EARLY CHECK IN AND LATE CHECK OUT WAS AVAILABLE) If you are looking for first class stay in LVN then this would definetly be the place to stay, but if you want lights,actions,casino,gambling and shopping on site then this location is not for you.We were given free tickets to THE GEORGE WALLACE show (excellent,funny) and buffet ticket to FLAMINGO(food lines long,food cold,dining area dark,lousy). Check out RIO'S allsuite and LUXOR buffet (exceptionally tasty), GOLD COAST Sunday Brunch (variety inexpensive delicious food)First class travelers,pack your bags and go visit MARRIOTT GRAND CHATEAU in LVN, I promise you will receive satifactions.Ameneties are washer,dryer,42' plasma in living room area,27' plasma,jacuzzi tub in bedroom,double shower head, storage cabinet in bathroom,sleeper sofa,full size stove,refrigerator,microwave,coffee pot,dishes,blender,dining room table/chairs,great views,valet and much more. Deena Jones

• User: davidg194
  • Updated: Feb 28, 2008

Stayed there with no intention of buying, but now thinking of selling one of our Hawaii properties and buying. This resort is first class all the way and just a block off the center of the Strip--a better location than most of the famous casino hotels! Only negative is that they could use a coffee shop on site.

• User: robert668

We stayed in a 2 BR villa in February. Excellent accommodations with very nice kitchen and rooms. Very spacious. Plasma TVs in all rooms. Location is also very good. Just of the Vegas Strip. The Planet Hollywood Casino and Hotel is just across the street and is the closest place for gambling. Bellagio and Paris are only a short walk away.

Noise was not an issue during our stay. In fact, they must have great walls cause we NEVER heard any noise from our adjacent rooms or rooms above or beneath us. I had heard there is more noise the higher you go up. There are 35 levels to the resort and we stayed on the 11th floor. View was fine.

They have a pool and bar on the top level. Weather was too cold for us to swim. The pool is very rinky dinky. Especially for Vegas. If a nice pool is important for you, stay elsewhere.

Like all Marriott Vacation Club resorts, they have a nice kids club with activities. I brought two kids (ages 3 and 1.5). They really liked the place. There is no onsite restaurant or casino. They do have a small mini-mart on the first level with Starbucks coffee and it is open 24 hrs a day which is nice. Parking is free, valet only. Great service by everyone here.

This may or may not be a big deal for most people, but the fact that you couldn't just take the elevator down and be at the tables or slots bothered me. Even if I could just walk across the street to Planet Hollywood. Maybe it was cause I had little kids and it was harder to sneak away to gamble.

Overall a great resort in a good location with very nice rooms. But, what kept me from giving it five stars was the lack of an onsite restaurant and/or casino, and the tiny swimming pool. If those things are not issues for you, I highly recommend this place. I will probably stay at one of the major hotels on the Strip next time.

• User: appreski

I stayed at the Grand Chateau the week before Christmas. Everything was very beautiful and cheerful. The staff went out of their way to make my stay a good one and they did succeed. The Grand Chateau is about 1 1/2 blocks off the Las Vegas Strip and you can wall anywhere or take a cab. I recommend this resort.

• User: lubomirr
  • Updated: Oct 19, 2007

Great vacation and great service.

• User: fredc34

We bought our week on Redweek.com. Very pleased with location and amenities. Small grocery store in lobby had so many useful items and prices were with reason. Heating was a wee bit thin, but otherwise we thought this was a wonderful choice and would stay here again.

• User: gaila11

This is a beautiful resort and is convenient to the strip and to the local casinos. The rooftop pool and whirlpool was super, especially when lit up and sundown. Great view of the strip and sunset! Would highly recommend this resort to anyone!

• User: vpr147

This timeshare is in a great location. The units were beautifully decorated and very clean. The plasma TV was a great addition to this unit. The top floor has a lovely pool and bar. You can oversee the strip from this location. The only complaint that I have is with the washer/dryer unit. A compact unit that takes forever to dry clothes. Otherwise this is the place to stay. Very convenient to the strip, just a short walk. Great location.

• User: john2151

Loved it ! What a place like always Marriot resorts in my book are the best. The Aladdin casino and mall across the street was a great place to hang out shop and eat great food. Everything was with it walking range and the complementary vale parking sure was convenient. And just to top things of the resort had excellent entertainment for the kids so they to had a blast. The 2 bedroom unit was so comfortable and had such a great view I wished I could have just moved there to live for ever. This is a resort that I hope to own a week or two some day.

• User: robertd3

I am rating thr three bedroom unit. It is to die for incredible! They are only located at the end of the tower and have a panoramic view of the strip lights. If you can get the two bdrm lockoff it is significantly better than the normal 2 bdrm unit with the wrap around view at the end and sleeps 8. The 1 Bdrm lockoff is nicer than their normal 1 Bdrm unit too but you'll be impressed with either. These ROOMY timeshares far exceed Marriott hotel rooms for grand livability!

• User: cheryl424

A beautiful facility. Within walking distance of many casinos. The resort offers free valet parking. The rooms were very spacious with every type of amenity from plasma screen TV to washer/dryer combo. I can't wait until our next visit.

• User: marya124

Stayed for a week in early december. Hotel was not completed but was wonderful. We had a great time, could walk to most places. Beautifully decorated,very clean,super assistance at the desk etc. We would go back in a heartbeat!

• User: davidj96

Large rooms, beautifully done with all the amenities. Will be 5 stars when totally completed.

• User: bobterry

Great location within walking distance of several top casino hotels on the strip. This Marriott truely exceeded our expectations.

↑Back to top

Attention Gmail Users

Google Phishing Scam »

Casting Call

Get free, professional photos of your next timeshare vacation!

Learn more »