Affinia Dumont

Timeshare reviews at Affinia Dumont

New York City, New York

By marylyn1 Updated Aug 26, 2012
    By kathy585 Feb 12, 2009

This is available through my vacation club and it is definitely one of their best offerings. The rooms are huge! Mine had two queen sized beds (enormously comfortable luxury hotel style beds) with a huge desk connected to a goodsized dresser with an old style tv on it. There is wireless in the hotel but I did not bring my laptop. There is also one computer for general use in the lobby but it was not very busy - charges are expensive as I recall. (There is a Subway (yes, the sandwich shop) just down the street that has an internet computer for $8 per hour if you don't have your laptop. The kitchen is almost full sized but poorly stocked - best for breakfast and reheating, but far more than one needs in NYC. Having stayed in hotels in NY, I can say that this room is about two and a half to three times the size of the usual hotel room. There is daily maid service and they are also very nice. The gym is excellent - I did not try the spa. Staff are very cordial and helpful, although I had almost everything booked ahead of time so I didn't need much from them. I didn't try the restaurant but I must say I have never seen such reasonable prices for room service breakfasts. There are four elevators and they are very fast. There was never much of a wait. I stayed on the 7th floor - not much of a view but more than acceptable. They do allow pets which meant I got to see some show dogs from the Westminster Dog Show! The subway is just around the corner for access to all of NYC, the bus stops in front, and you can easily walk to nearby restaurants, the empire state building, and Herald Square. Terrific place!

By kris158 Mar 17, 2007

On a scale of 1-5, I give this a 9...if it were closer to Central Park, I'd give it a 10. If I were in a room without a view, I'd still give it a 5 out of 5. For a single room, this is huge - with 2 queen beds and a full little kitchen. Huge desk area.. I wish I could live here!