Reviews of Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Oranjestad, Aruba

4.3

Have you been to Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort lately?

By theodorea14 Jul 12, 2016

Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort is Beautiful. The issue with the water was resolved in April, 2016. There is no problem with the hot water or any other water issue. It was handled efficiently and effectively. We have been going to Aruba since l992 and have never been disappointed with Divi Village. The staff is second to none and the whole experience is wonderful. It is centrally located. You will never be disappointed and like us you'll want to visit time and time again.

By johnv430 Updated Mar 21, 2016

We rented a one bedroom through A Redweek owner's listing for two weeks. The one bedroom was nice although we did not have any hot water for almost 4 days the first week and over two days the second week. We felt lucky to get hot water the morning we left. Divi was not very responsive to our complaints. There was also a big problem with the drinking water that Divi did not seem to own up to. They did supply bottled water for your use but advised against using the tap water for anything, even washing dishes. It was difficult to shower and not get any water near your lips and mouth. We met people we had been at Divi for several weeks who had been sick. Divi said they had been testing the water but only said that it "appeared" that the problem was related to an irrigation contamination incident. If they tested why didn't they know for sure? I doubt that we will be going back to Divi.

By lindajoyceann Oct 13, 2015

My husband and I left Boston a few days early because of a snowstorm last February (2015). We decided to stay at the Divi Golf Villas for a few nights prior to going to the Marriott Surf Club. I booked last minute and had to change my airfare in a hurry. We got to the Divi and I discovered that I had booked the few extra nights for March, not February. They were really booked, but the manager was very kind and did find us a room. The doors leading in are old and a bit rusty even, but the room was a pleasant surprise. We had a studio unit. Comfortable king bed and granite counters in the small kitchen. Nice double shower. We had a great balcony overlooking the beach. I found the beach to be much nicer than by the Marriott. The sand was so soft and plenty of room for everyone. The Marriott's sand feels really packed down (I think because there are so many people there). I would definitely return to the Divi and, in fact, we are returning in January!

By bernadetteb27 Mar 31, 2009

Just returned from Divi Village G&B resort and had the time of my life. Stayed in a studio that was more than spacious. Jacuzzi tub, kitchen with all the wants, and a view to die for. From my balcony i had a view of the beach, the pool, and the golf course. There is an all inclusive package bu i choose not to get it and eat in some of the nearby resturants. The maid service came everyday and cleaned up beautifully. The beach is clean the grounds are clean and it was a pleasure to stay there. The staff was very helpful and answered every question i had and help with any activites i wanted to do.

Would definately go back.

By cynthiap38 Mar 24, 2007

Just came back last week and loved the resort. We stayed in the new 1 bedroom units by the golf couse and everything we could possibly want was in the room. We used the hot tub on the 3rd floor every day. The maids were great and they left clean beach towels in our room everyday so you didn't have to get them at the pool yourself. We didn't BBQ, but our neighbors did and loved it. We loved it so much we bought another week's timeshare. Aruba it one of the nicest islands, you can go anywhere and the people are so friendly and helpful

By michelles169 Jan 26, 2007

We have been here 2 yrs in a row and have enjoyed every moment. January is a great time to go. The weather/sunsets/beautiful beaches just make us want to come back again. The resort is also a treat as well. The customer service is wonderful and everyone is always polite. They really take pride in their resort.

By irmazeanr May 30, 2006

Just returned from aruba stayed at Divi Village G & B Resort the week of May 21 - May 28...Not like we're accustomed to but it was a 21/2 - 3 star...Room very mildewy had to burn incense first couple of days...all-inclusive was $100pd/pp...we were blown away...there is nothing at this resort worth that much money...we did not purchase it, but decided to by grocery and eat out for dinner or lunch...pools were nice..too many iguanas but otherwise a great vacation..

By peggyk12 Updated Apr 10, 2006

We just got back from Aruba, March 2006, and the Divi Golf and Beach resort lowrise timeshares are by far the best place to stay on the Island. The infinity pool, the weather, the ocean, the sunset, amazing. We own a timeshare for weeks 11 and 12, and will return every year. The units are so deluxe, and every comfort, and everyday maid service that do a spectacular job. The real treat is the Netherland/Dutch/Holland flavor and the beautiful Aruban people. They call Aruba "One Happy Island", and the saying goes, "If I die and I don't go to Heaven, please send me to Aruba." This timeshare posting is well worth checking into.