Reviews of Harbourview Villas at South Seas Island Resort

Captiva, Florida

5.0

Have you been to Harbourview Villas at South Seas Island Resort lately?

By mikep253 Apr 24, 2011

This is the premier timeshare building on the entire resort property. We actually have stayed in owner units in Lands End and Harbourview is much better! This is the newest timeshare building and has a great pool complex, comfortable furniture, beds and upgraded kitchens. Resort Amenities are key to staying at this resort and in my opinion SSR offers the best family vacation with a lot for everyone to do. The South Seas Resort is a relaxing naturally beautiful place and the Harbourview Villas have an amazingly serene view of the meticulously picturesque Marina. What a phenomenal view! The beach is literally across the street. We love our unit and are looking to buy more weeks and after 8 years have yet to trade or rent our weeks. My only complaints about the location of the building is that I hear the resort's maintenance gas powered golf carts that stop and start at the stop sign at the corner. They are very loud and can be heard from inside the villa. I have complained that the management should put mufflers on them, but it is a well known fact that the resorts management are not responsive to time-share owners. Given the location, the pool area is shaded from the afternoon sun unfortunately. Lastly I guess given the economy, the management of the SSR have let the adjacent vacant land that used to house a golf hole before the course was redone, fall into a total overgrown eyesore. Rumor has it more units will be built on this land when the resort market rebounds.

By normn3 Jan 11, 2010

This is a beautiful place in a prime location. We are less than 500 ft from the ocean with a beautiful view of a yacht harbor. It is very quiet but we are close to all amenities of a fantastic resort including restaurents, child care, music, and water sports.

This resort has two miles of Gulf beaches and bay views almost equally fantastic. It just feels so good here.