Gateway Mountain Lodge

Keystone, Colorado

Reviews of Gateway Mountain Lodge

Keystone, Colorado

4.7

Have you been to Gateway Mountain Lodge lately?

By jamiea35 Updated Jun 25, 2008

Vacationed at Gateway June 16 - June 23, 2008. Rented 4 bedroom/4 bath penthouse from Red Week member. Here is the scoop ----

Red Week owner was great to work with. Very honest and trustworthy. Let me send a certified check when I had major problems with my Pay Pal account. Put reservation in our name promptly.

The resort is located directly off Highway 6. Good for ease of getting there, going to other destination. Bad for sleeping in the summer. No need for A/C in the mountains so you have to open your windows for cool air - semis fly thru town at ALL HOURS of the NIGHT - very difficult to sleep and not too relaxing. Open windows/curtains also means up with the sun - ugh, not for me!

The 4 bed/4 bath unit is very nice. It is very tastefully decorated. The unit was very clean. The layout is nice - each bedroom has a private bath. 2 bedrooms/2 baths downstairs and 2 bedrooms/bathrooms upstaris. Unit also has washer and dryer - big plus!! The kitchen is a bit small, but functional.

The views are TO DIE FOR! I can only imagine the winter views - even better than summer, I bet.

Overall, we would rent this unit again. The price was reasonable, the owner was very easy to work with and the condo is quite nice.

The only negatives of our Gateway Mountain Lodge experience are as follows:

*Coffee pot did not work. You don't want to see my mom with NO coffee in the a.m. YIKES. *Jacuzzi tub in Master Bath did not work. Bummer. Love a good soak after a day in the mountains. *Many of the shops, restraunts were not open - be sure to check what is going on in Keystone if you go in the summer.

You MUST MUST MUST go to Keystone Lodge & Spa for the Wine Tasting. It was so nice. I am not a wine snob in the least, but I went just to learn more and try some wine. It was OUTSTANDING. Only $5.00 and so much fun.

By rayjdaniel Sep 13, 2006

We just returned from the Gateway Mountain Lodge at Keystone. What a Fantastic View from every Window in the Spacious 4 Bedroom- 4 Bath Penthouse Condo. Views of the Keystone Mountain and Ski Runs. Very Convenient to River Run Village, as well as the Golf Courses of Keystone River & Ranch. Just a great place to take your family. All ther Activities were close-by and Restaurants were also Close to Condo. We would highly recommend it to anyone. Thanks, Eric & Kellie