GEVC at Lighthouse Pointe

Point Arena, California

Timeshare reviews at GEVC at Lighthouse Pointe

Point Arena, California

By cindy408 Aug 13, 2009

I enjoyed this little resort so much. The units were certainly adequate for 2 people (4 people might have felt a little comfy). I had a timeshare for 2 units, which the 4 of us split up. I cooked dinner or breakfast for all of us and we never felt cramped doing that. The little dishwasher is very efficient and they provide all the dishwashing soaps and bathroom amenities. Even coffee and tea (regular and decaf), sugar, Equal, salt & pepper. Good to know. We went in early May and while it was cooler, I loved it. Made that gas fireplace so much more welcoming (and romantic, if that's your situation). Big flat screen TVs above the fireplace and a convertible sofa in front of it. We like to visit lighthouses and the coast views were gorgeous. One couple went horseback riding on the beach, while the other went shopping in one of the cute little beach towns. Loved the drive through the Redwoods to Anderson Valley, where the wine tasting was good. Watch out for the Mountain View Drive between Anderson Valley and Point Arena, though. It is not for the faint of heart, and NEVER do it at night. Exciting though. The resort has a good restaurant onsite for breakfast and lunch--a little higher priced, perhaps, but it costs money to get food out to these remote areas. They also had a pool and hot tub, which I didn't use, but they looked clean and inviting. Older videos and board games can be obtained at the office. It's an out of the way place that has still maintained its simplicity. Ate at the Phoenix restaurant. The interior looked kind of like a throwback to the 70s. Not sure what they were going for, but the food was good--they know how to cook steak--but don't expect gourmet. They had a good selection of wines. A laid back vacation with great scenery--relaxing.