Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort

Oceanside, California

Reviews of Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort

Oceanside, California

4.4

Have you been to Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort lately?

By kathyf195 Aug 21, 2015

The Resort is actually great. Clean & nice employees. The check-in process was late and slow. Seemed to have a shortage of employees. They really wanted to sell Timeshares, because we had to get our parking pass from the concierge. They drilled us about our yearly income and invited us to a free breakfast and then uninvited us once they found out that we made under 80,00 a year. Glad I fibbed. Then they left us alone. The Pizza restaurant on the ground floor of the property was the highlight of the trip. Clean, nice people and great concept and food.

The town of Oceanside is a complete DUMP! The local people on the streets were doing drugs and we even saw prostitution taking place. We could hear partying and people screaming profanities from our deck. The train was right outside our door and it was LOUD. You know there is something wrong when they give out free earplugs at check in. We seriously thought we were going to get mugged by Gangbangers on the path walking back from Dinner 1 block away. I would not let go of my kids hands. No shopping in town worthwhile. A few restaurants. The main street that you drive up on has been fixed up, but the rest is nasty and scary. The beaches were full of vagrants and dirty local people who were either still sleeping in the sand, or being loud and not kind. They were all lined up with their sunshades and BBQ's ready to stay the weekend. The trashcans on the beach were overflowing and smelled. We had to walk 4-5 blocks from the property to find an open spot at the beach. The sand was dirty and had oil floating on it when wet. I really didn't want my kids playing in it and I didn't feel safe enough to leave my bag alone to go in the water with my kids.

We will never go to Oceanside again!

By deanw62 Mar 12, 2013

This was a really great place for a week or, for that matter, even for a long weekend because it's so close to San Diego. The beach is fantastic. Everything about the resort was clean and up-to-date. The staff was helpful. Some good restaurants close by. We've been there several times and always had a great time.

By michaelr844 May 9, 2012

I stayed here in 2009 -- great views -- great location -- pier is so close and are many restaurants -- within walking distance to this resort! Staff was professional and attentive to my family's needs. We stayed in a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath cono unit with an ocean view. It was spectacular. My father-in-law stayed in a nearby hotel and paid TWICE as much as we did -- and had 1/3 the square footage that we did -- and his had no kitchen/dining area! We saved some money by just not eating out for every single meal, though we easily could've because the food is great in this region.

By angie230 Mar 25, 2011

We loved this resort. It is a great location if you want to spend time at the beach. There was a nice pool and hot tub that the kids loved. This is a resort that I will return to again and again. The trains never bothered us at all and there was always plenty of parking

By worldmarkf Aug 16, 2010

This is a great Resort. We stayed there in August in a 2BR Ocean Front unit with a great view of the ocean and Pier. The room was beautiful and the furnishings are top notch. Staff and service is great.

The only issue we had was the train sound. When we checked in the resort, there were 2 containers on the front desk with ear plugs which I initially thought was candy. I wondered what was this for until we went to sleep.

The train track is about 20' away from the resort entrance (Google it) and it runs through the streets so the train has to sound the horn. The first one I heard was around 6AM. Also you can hear the track sound in our ocean front unit that is furthest away from the train tracks.

I really think that Wyndham should talk to the city or train company to limit such horn use in the early morning. There is a lot of ocean front units around the tracks which I am sure get affected greatly by this.

By mattcoaz Jul 26, 2010

What a great resort. close to the beach, walking distance without having to find a place to park the car. The pier was also fun to go out to Rubys for dinner and eat out on the water. the thursday night sundown market was also awesome and within walking distance. the best kept secret is the access to the sky lounges at the top of each tower. definetly ask when you check-in. This place was tops I would highly recommend this place and I cannot wait to go again.

By sharonl83 Mar 3, 2010

Top notch. We stayed 4 nights the last week in February, 2010. We own several and were never going to buy more. We had an oceanfront corner unit - fantastic - Guess what - we bought ownership here, trading in one of our Hawaii ownerships. Handy to everything. Hardly ever need to use the car unless your taking activity trips.

By wanderer2000 Updated Nov 14, 2009

I agree with the previous reviews. This is one of the best resorts in Southern California coastal area. Great location, beautiful beachfront, gorgeous and spacious rooms, "free" parking... Simply a wonderful family vacation spot.

By jackiechan Jul 2, 2009

One of the best resorts we've ever visited. Top notch rooms, gorgeous ocean views. Right across the street from the sand. Doesn't get much better than this. The oceanside area has been really renovated and is become a real hot spot for travel.

By famos8 Jul 1, 2009

This is a five star resort, service is outstanding. One of our all time favorite places.

By palacegang Updated Apr 25, 2009

Can't beat this location! Gorgeous beachfront, beautiful rooms. The 7th floor sky tower view is breathtaking, and remarkably empty most of the time; very spacious with outside balconies on two sides; great for early morning coffee or sunset watching over the ocean (if you don't have a view from your room, which we didn't). We were skeptical at first as our room was on the 2nd floor & looked out to the pool, which is on the same floor. We thought there might be late night noise, but that wasn't the case, it was fine.

We found Longboard's restaurant very enjoyable for breakfast if you don't feel like cooking; it was a couple of blocks walk. In fact, there is quite a lot within walking distance, including a multiple movie theater & we felt very safe. Walked out to the end of the pier one night after dark, surprisingly not that cold, lots of folks still fishing. The fire pits out on the beach are also cool; lots of young people there, but not rowdy. We had clear blue skies, a little breezy, but fantastic! I would warn you about the concierge ladies, we almost got hooked into a "timeshare" presentation with an invitation to just come down and give our opinion.... next thing we knew she was trying to pin us down to a time, and it was Easter Sunday! She left a note on our front door & then followed up with a phone message. We just ignored it & she finally gave up.

Final parting note ; the "concierge lady" struck again! On our way out we noticed yet another note on our door! I stopped this time and just wanted a few minutes of my time.....45 to be exact! (They were relentless, the only down side of this beautirul resort)!

By lyndab47 Updated Apr 24, 2009

Stayed here for a week april 09 - beautiful, spotless, new, right next to the ocean. You can go back to your room for lunch, a nap or a dip in the pool - then back to the beach. The staff was great too! Get the ocean view room its worth the points, if you don't you face a pretty ugly parking lot. Only about 30 min ride to Seaworld and the San Diego Zoo. Make sure youvisit the top floor - sky lounge - everyone is welcome to use this room, you can watch tv, bring your lap top, bring up a snack or a cocktail to watch the beautiful sunset. Have fun!

By johannec3 Apr 7, 2009

Oceanside is a family resort and a lovely and friendly resort. We have used it our selves several times and found it most enjoyable.

The restaurant 333 is fantastic and the Convenience store very handy. Good ice cream. And many other things you might have forgotten. Also Thurs. Markets

By lynnc161 Sep 6, 2008

This is a top notch, new resort. Beautiful decor, staff were great. Location, location, location.

By belanger Apr 22, 2008

This is a fabulous resort in a great location. They have plans for an onsite restaurant opening as well as shops. You are directly across the street from the Oceanside Pier. There is great beach access. The rooms were awesome since they just opened in February 2008 and each room is spacious and has a washer/dryer. The pool is set up with ocean views and there is a kid's activity center on site. All in all this is a great location for beach fun and it is also a short ride to Carlsbad and San Diego.