Attitash Mountain Village

Bartlett, New Hampshire

Reviews of Attitash Mountain Village

Bartlett, New Hampshire

4.0

Have you been to Attitash Mountain Village lately?

By richardj93 Updated Mar 23, 2010

Been going here for 27 years, a great location, well maintained, excellent restaurants and stores, plenty to do and see in this area. Attitash has water slides in summer, tram to top of mountain for spectacular views, river boating, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, the colors in Fall are second to none!! Skiing is excellent, always snow here in Winter. Playgrounds for kids, exercise rooms with the latest equipment, indoor and outdoor pools, restaurant on site, and a short drive to beautiful North Conway and all the shopping that you could ever want.

By aaronc38 Updated Dec 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Attitash last year in building 9 with our infant, and loved it so much that we purchased a RCI weeks unit here not long after, and then convinced my parents to use some of their RCI points to go for a week with us.

When we arrived, we were pretty shocked at the state of our unit. Whole tiles in the main unit's bathroom could be removed from the floor, there were cracks in the sinks and tubs, and the bathroom light would go on and off at random intervals (explained by maintenance as probably expansion and contraction of the fixture -- it wasn't fixed). The fireplace did not work, but we didn't end up needing it anyway. The carpets had numerous runs in them, and the amount of place settings had been scrawled out in pencil down to the amount that were actually present. The silverware looked like it was from ten different sets and there were varying sizes of spoons and forks. Quite a difference from the previous visit, and I was actually quite embarrassed to have brought my parents, who were not impressed after having stayed at other resorts in New England and elsewhere. The three-floor walkup (fourth to the bedroom) wasn't fantastic either.

My wife and I decided to take the timeshare courtesy visit when my parents didn't want to go (they had exchanged points from their Las Vegas timeshare). Since we were owners already, they gave us the short visit, just an update about what was going on at the resort, and I have to say the RCI rep was excellent -- answered all our questions (we were looking to convert our weeks unit to poi nts) -- and we ended up actually trading up into a few adjoining units during a summer week when we'd be able to take our toddler to all the attractions that aren't open after labor day. We got to see the units we "purchased" before we left and were very happy to see they were in as good condition as the unit we had used the previous year. We also got to see the new buildings which were just gorgeous. I only mention all this because it's obvious that some units are pretty stellar at Attitash, while others seem pretty neglected. I'm not sure why this is. If you get a recently refurbed or new unit, you'll be very happy. If you don't, you'll have to console yourself with the fact that there is so much to do in the area you probably won't spend much time in the unit anyway.

All in all though, Attitash Mountain Village units are VERY roomy, and we were very happy to find a washer and dryer in our unit, even though the front desk had told us we did not have one and would have to use the coin-ops in the main building. In fact, the front desk didn't seem to know much about the individual units at all, perhaps because some of them are extremely old (30-40 years) and some have very odd, non-standard configurations. And if you're interested in purchasing a unit before you visit, good luck getting information from the ownership office. I was told a couple times that I would get sent a map of the grounds and never did get it. I had to buy before they'd even give me a layout view of my own units.

Some more positives to round out what must sound like a pretty negative review by this point. The staff is extremely friendly, the units were clean, not a sound leaked through to our unit from other units, the grounds are kept up very well, the outdoor pool facilities had recently been upgraded, and despite the shabby condition of our individual unit, which I hope was an abberation, our whole family had an absolutely wonderful time staying here and seeing all the things available in the immediate vicinity. If you get a nice unit, I'd give AMV a 4.5 out of 5. If you get a bad one (don't know how many haven't been refurbed in a while), I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 just because I expect more out of a "resort." But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to others as long as they know there's a possibility of getting a unit that's a little overdue for a refurb, and my wife and I liked it enough that we re-invested in our ownership here.

By cynthiad78 Mar 3, 2008

Feb 2007

Nice clean unit. Furniture is alittle outdated. We stayed in buliding 8 so we had to drive to the pool bldg and found the indoor pool to be quite cold. My 4 year who loves to swim didn't want to swim b/c it was cold. The great thing about this location is that skiing is right across the street. And many other mountains are a short drive away.

By duardh4 Jan 2, 2008

We just came from a one week stay over Christmas and the total expereince either met or exceeded our expectations. I would really rate it at 3.5 (because of the age of the rooms) but because that option is not available I rated it a 4. We had a one bedroom unit that was dated but clean. It was very large with plenty of storage. It had two full baths, a beautiful suana in the bedroom, washer & dryer, a small but functional kitchen and a large living space with a sleeper sofa. Oh, did I forget to mention the two gas fireplaces - one in the living area and one in the bedroom. They were great and really made a huge difference. Our unit did have additional heating, but they tended to be noisy and we basicallt relied on the fireplace. A word of advise, turn them down at night because a high heat they tend to get too noisy to sleep well.

The facilities were as advertised and there were no surprises. The staff was courteous and responsive and we had no issues with them at all. Overall it was a wonderful vacation that met all of our hopes. We would love to go back but probably in the Summer when we could see New Hampshire with leaves.

By art101 Oct 10, 2006

THE UNIT THAT I STAYED IN WAS OK, NOT GREAT. THE PLACE WASN'T AT ALL ACTIVE AND I WAS THERE IN LATE SKI SEASON. I DID ENJOY CROSS COUNTRY SKIING THERE AND THE STAFF WAS FINE. THE STUDIO THAT I HAD WAS SMALL AND I COULDN'T RECOMMEND THAT SMALL OF A UNIT FOR MOST PURPOSES, BUT I IMAGINE A BIGGER UNIT WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE.

THE AREA HAS GOOD SHOPPING NEARBY AND THERE ARE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE TOO.

By ernestw7 Dec 6, 2005

If you like to ski, this is the place for you. Right across the street from the slopes. Another good thing if you're not a ski freak is to sit in the outdoor hot tub at the activities building (directly across from the slopes).

I used to own at this resort. That wasn't a pleasurable experience. Should I say, dealing with the sales office was like root canal surgery. If you like space DO NOT get a studio. They actually invited us up with friends for a weekend. They put us in a studio (which we did own). Two adult couples in a studio was probably the single dumbest thing I've ever heard of, but, that's their policy. If you can own there and don't have to deal with the sales office, you should be OK.

By heatherdcl Oct 19, 2003

I rated this resort a "five" because of the phenomonal unit to which we were assigned. It was one of the newest three bedroom units, the ones that sleep 12. When we first let ourslves into the unit we were stupified by the size, brightness, completeness and luxury provided. We had four fireplaces including two in bedrooms, huge screen TV's and jacuzzis in the bedrooms, two kitchens, three levels and marvelous views. It was amazing. unfortunately the older units are no equal to this so be careful when you reserve. We were there in November and shopped in North conway, hiked and generally relaxed in a beautiful setting.

By torticolis Oct 12, 2003

My wife and I have stayed at AMV several times and have always found the facilities"first class". Decorations still present!, furniture carpets, jacuzzi, washer-dryer, kitchen amenities, the best. We enjoyed the brightness of the unit, the fireplace and general comfort in our rental unit. We did not find the unit stripped as in some Florida units. We'll keep trading or renting!

By donnachristian Updated Oct 2, 2002

We stayed in an older unit which had no windows, only a slider to a deck which had no chairs. Being in August, it was very hot upstairs. Furniture and linens were in need of replacement. No ice cube trays or coffee filters in kitchen. Great water slides, alpine slide, and on-site restaurant.