Palazzo al Velabro

No photo available

Reviews of Palazzo al Velabro

Rome, Italy

2.8

Have you been to Palazzo al Velabro lately?

By cherib3 Updated Mar 31, 2013

Where to start... We had one of our worst experiences staying in this timeshare. The room we were assigned to was not at all like the pictures provided. Maybe some of the rooms in the hotel were renovated but certainly not the one we stayed in. Our room was dark, depressing and extremely outdated and old. The carpet was thread bare and the beds were rock hard. I have never slept on such a hard, unappealing bed in my life. The bathroom was also outdated and had noticeable mould between the mirror and the wall. We asked the front desk immediately to change or upgrade our room. On our initial day and each day after we were told that the hotel was full. My son was given a tiny cot to sleep on for 4 nights. He is 6 foot. There is no way that the room we were given would accommodate 4 adults....let alone 3. We found a sewing needle in the carpet by the bed that luckily no one in my family stepped on. We were given one bar of tiny soap for 3 people for 4 nights. When I inquired if we could have a second bar for the bath I was told that that is not their policy. One night a light in my sons sleeping/living area malfunctioned (it lit up the room every 2- 4 minutes). Upon calling the front desk at 1:00 am and then finally dressing and going down to the front desk at 3:00 am we finally had the desk clerk correct the situation (he put a chair on the table and unscrewed the light bulb.....never to replace it while we were there) We felt at times like we were imposing as we were "timeshare" guest. The breakfast consisted....daily...of stale cereal, dry cakes and fruit. On our last morning, upon check-out we were given a bill for 84.00 Euros for breakfast. Naturally I tried to argue but too no avail. According to the information I was given, via our timeshare owner our breakfast was included. Front desk said to "take our complaint to Royal Holiday". I could never have imagined a worse experience than the one we encountered. Luckily Rome was both beautiful and fascinating. After our stay in Rome we travelled to Florence, Venice, Innsbruck, Munich and Frankfurt. At no time did we encounter such poor service, terrible and inadequate breakfast and deplorable accommodations. I cannot recommend this hotel.

By eggerts Updated May 31, 2011

This place is great! The location is fantastic..Everything is within walking distance. Small grocery store 5 min walk..but very limited items. The breakfast is not "free" they charge you 12 euro per person, so I'd say skip it...bring some cereal and snacks in your bag..tv in living room only gets Italian..tv in bedroom gets some English. The place is VERY clean..nice clean white sheets on bed..but mattress was hard. Think that's just the way it is there. Front desk was very helpful especially when the ATM ate our debit card. A cab is about $80.00 to airport and do not use the computer in lobby cost $70.00 for 23 minutes..find a cyber cafe..much cheaper..overall it was fantastic..do not hesitate to book this timeshare it was awesome! And bring instant coffee and creamer..they only have an espresso maker in room..small kitchen 2 burner stove/refrigerator..Rome is amazing! You are going to LOVE it!!!